Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuigisMadhouse44

Jun 13, 2014
Cats & Jackets Town
If he signs elsewhere I hope his career mirrors Kiel McLeod

me too ...... i hope that if he signs elsewhere he will have the same faith as Justin Schultz a few years back :sarcasm:..... if this guy would have signed with Anaheim, it would of helped his development playing with guys like Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanen and he surely would be enjoying playoffs right now instead of being in Edmonton:shakehead

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Reilly can't sign with another team until July or August, right? Minnesota isn't having that great of a season, likely won't make the NCAA tournament unless they win the Big 10 tournament. So his season ends March 23rd. The Jackets can offer him the ability to play in the NHL March 24th. That would probably be a better deal if they were a playoff team. Handing whiny prospects NHL playing time on a silver platter without earning it isn't the best solution, but if Reilly is a must sign prospect...

The rookie salary cap limits the amount a team can sign him for, so he just wants the best opportunity so the next contract where he can cash in. And the more time he plays in the NHL, he more money he makes. But even Justin Schultz was sent down to the AHL his rookie year.

Reilly playing in the AHL Playoffs for Springfield this season to get a head start might seem more attractive than playing next season in the AHL, unless he believes some team will guarantee him that he won't be sent down. Considering he needs work in his own end, I wonder if a team would be willing to take that risk. Technically, Reilly could sign a ATO in Springfield to play this season, and end up not signing with Columbus.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Reilly can't sign with another team until July or August, right? Minnesota isn't having that great of a season, likely won't make the NCAA tournament unless they win the Big 10 tournament. So his season ends March 23rd. The Jackets can offer him the ability to play in the NHL March 24th. That would probably be a better deal if they were a playoff team. Handing whiny prospects NHL playing time on a silver platter without earning it isn't the best solution, but if Reilly is a must sign prospect...

The rookie salary cap limits the amount a team can sign him for, so he just wants the best opportunity so the next contract where he can cash in. And the more time he plays in the NHL, he more money he makes. But even Justin Schultz was sent down to the AHL his rookie year.

Reilly playing in the AHL Playoffs for Springfield this season to get a head start might seem more attractive than playing next season in the AHL, unless he believes some team will guarantee him that he won't be sent down. Considering he needs work in his own end, I wonder if a team would be willing to take that risk. Technically, Reilly could sign a ATO in Springfield to play this season, and end up not signing with Columbus.

I believe he can't sign elsewhere until June 1 if he leaves school after this season is done. The August 15 deadline only applies if he goes back for his senior season.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If there's such a thing as rock bottom, hopefully Dansk has hit it. My god, since the Finns rattled him in last years WJC he hasn't even been average. It's too early IMO to give up on him (mostly due to his horrid value), but my god. Can you show us something?

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
If there's such a thing as rock bottom, hopefully Dansk has hit it. My god, since the Finns rattled him in last years WJC he hasn't even been average. It's too early IMO to give up on him (mostly due to his horrid value), but my god. Can you show us something?
He needs to get consistent starts behind a team that puts up a decent effort. Ever since he became a 1a/1b or backup he's been really shaky and a lot of the time the team in front of him hasn't done a whole lot to help him out.

Pretty ****** situation. Don't think he's gonna suddenly turn it around this season. He's gonna need some help in the off season to get some confidence back and a fresh start with a new season is only going to help.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
He needs to get consistent starts behind a team that puts up a decent effort. Ever since he became a 1a/1b or backup he's been really shaky and a lot of the time the team in front of him hasn't done a whole lot to help him out.

Not just the team in front of him but besides him in every training session, consistently day after day. Dansk's wanderlust lead him into what might be the most stupid decision any Nordic goalkeeper can make - leave the North.

High number of games with low quality goalie coaching won't either do much good. Couple years older Eetu Laurikainen played 54 games in WHL last season yet had to return to Finland to work on basics of goalie swivel sweeping techniques. With good off-season behind him it is now working for him at elite Finnish league level.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I mean, hard to get consistent starts when you're giving up 4 and 5 goals left and right...his stats this year (for Springy and the K-wings) are horrendous.

CBJorBust

Sep 27, 2006
I understood it, but I hated the Dansk pick.

Every time I've seen the kid play he just doesn't do it for me. Like stated before his value is nothing at this point, so all we can hope for is that he finds his game.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit

I'd like to see him loaned to a Swedish team next year. It's a longshot but maybe he rediscovers his mojo.

Kitsy

Jul 15, 2011
Dansk Development

Hello all,

I'm a bit of a Jackets' fan and was looking around for an update on Dansk's progress but I couldn't find any boots on the ground writing about him. His numbers are slightly concerning (with the huge caveat he is young and this is his first AHL/ECHL season). Has interest waned a bit in this guy? All I seem to find it a throwaway sentence or two saying that CBJ thinks he may be their number 1 in the future but not much else on his progress.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Hello all,

I'm a bit of a Jackets' fan and was looking around for an update on Dansk's progress but I couldn't find any boots on the ground writing about him. His numbers are slightly concerning (with the huge caveat he is young and this is his first AHL/ECHL season). Has interest waned a bit in this guy? All I seem to find it a throwaway sentence or two saying that CBJ thinks he may be their number 1 in the future but not much else on his progress.

Interest has waned quite a bit in the last 2 years amongst fans for sure, and probably even management to be honest. His stats this year aren't looking good as you said- 14 games, 3.74 GAA, .873% save percentage. Anton Forsberg- 7th round pick in 2011 has clearly passed him up. Anton's allowed 9 more goals compared to Dansk, even though he's played in 13 more games and faced an additional 385 shots.

Springfield has lost 7 in a row now. It looks like Springfield is more willing to ride the ECHL goalie Scott Munroe now with Dansk's struggles, since he's played the last two games.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Dansk is ridiculously streaky. He's won two straight games allowing only 2 goals after not winning a game since early January. He has the physical tools and has been taught all the techniques, he just can't put it all together consistently.

I've seen posters suggesting he needs to go back to Sweden for better coaching, but he needs more consistent coaching. He's switched teams so often, jumping from Sweden to North America even in high school, gone to all sorts of goalie camps. He needs to just work with Ian Clark and find consistency.

One interesting thing an article on NHL.com about Bob said was that Dansk was helping teach Bob techniques:

Bobrovsky also added Reverse, or Reverse-VH, as a post-integration tactic. He asked Clark to bring in Oskar Dansk, a Blue Jackets prospect who excels at the relatively new technique, so they could work on it together.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=743385

Dansk knows techniques like that, but he hasn't been able to consistently apply them during games. If anything, he's been over coached and had so many different coaches that I think he's just over thinking everything and not doing things naturally.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Haha yeah was just about to post how Dansk has been excellent in the past two games. Hopefully he keeps it up

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
I've seen posters suggesting he needs to go back to Sweden for better coaching, but he needs more consistent coaching. He's switched teams so often, jumping from Sweden to North America even in high school, gone to all sorts of goalie camps. He needs to just work with Ian Clark and find consistency.

Well ain't that kind of an important part of better goaltending coaching - having a close work relationship with your coach... Northern American leagues tend to have huge number of games with heavier travel. Number of games wouldn't matter that much if all the traveling wouldn't be out of quality training, the time you spend with your coach.

Goaltending coaching of Springfield Falcons then is another question. Manny Legace is listed as goaltending consultant but does he work full-time? Should anyone happen to know... McElhinney and Forsberg have had good AHL seasons under him so far, so not that bad situation down there.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
good to see, he had such a hot start to his season and then REALLY cooled off

still doing quite good for a 20 year old in his first full SHL season

One of the things that got to me was how much he lost his confidence in his shot..

All of a sudden he missed the net from everywhere and not looking good at all.

He even told the local papers that he was working on his shot after pratice every day but nothing really changed until today where he showed us that he has a crazy shot if he hits the net.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Going to be a great pickup for someone

SNL_1350_09_Debbie_Downer.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad