Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/NJD] Keith Kinkaid for 2022 5th round pick

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I wonder how this negotiation even goes.

We want to give you kinkaid.

Okay.

For a fifth rounder.

Nah.

Hold on, it’s in 2022.

... Sold.

Reactions: iamjs

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
I can only assume this is a Depth Pananoia move for just in case one of Bob or Korpi gets injured - there's nobody immediately behind them right now for callup (our best guys are in Europe).

Yup, fun speculation aside, I think that's all there is to it as well

So CBJ is gonna carry 3 goalies on the 23 man roster?

Pretty sure there are no roster limits after the trade deadline

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Love when posters bash players that get moved after they played a significant part in doing something good for their team the previous year. I get he hasn’t been good. Welcome to Columbus.

The fans give him credit for how he played last year. Nobody had a problem doing that. He's been garbage this year, and largely meh throughout his career. The fans have been baking him will before this trade for his performance this year. He was really bad. Doesn't mean the fans weren't appreciative of what he did last year

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
This. Atrocious return for a guy who has really stepped up for the Devils the last few seasons. Devils now fully embracing the tank.

Except that our best goalie by far this year has been Mackenzie Blackwood. He will be given a chance to see what he can do down the stretch. Combine that with the facts that neither KK or Schneider have been good this year and that KK is UFA after this year and no, it's not tanking.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Seems like a low sell by the Devils.....a 5th in three years? Damn.
Take what you can get. If that's the market, that's the market. Not much you can do about it. He's an unrestricted who won't be back next year, so no reason to not take the pick at that juncture, even if it's three years away

Reactions: Uncle

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Well technically it’s 3 years although 4 drafts.

that's what I meant. Forgot that year and season could probably be used in different contexts here. ;)

With 2019, 2020, and 2021 still being undrafted, I didn't think you could trade a 2022 pick.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Kinkaid isn't very good. He had a great 6 weeks last spring and is otherwise your average dime-a-dozen journeyman goalie. Has some very good moments, some moments that make you want to break your TV.

I was happy letting him walk for free this summer so getting literally anything makes me satisfied.

Reactions: Darkauron

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
Maybe they are trading Bob to Florida and Korpisalo is a part of the package in a trade for Quick...although if I’m CBJ I’d want Reimer back in then Bob deal far more than I’d want Kinkaid even at the low cost...no idea about Salary Cap implications on anything I just said so Carry on everyone

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
What a great start to the day, I can't believe we got more than a bag of pucks! The better news of all this means we really aren't going to bring him back for next season. So happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad