Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/NJD] Keith Kinkaid for 2022 5th round pick

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
He's an UFA making $1.25M . CBJ have over $4M avail.
Its probably nothing more than insurance.
Look at Dallas, they were going towards the playoffs on an up note...then!
If Bob/Korp fall off a truck you have a guy who can prop up the fence if need be. Is he Brodeur? Not even close, but its better than dressing Seth Jones to play net!
And the return OMG! Shero took him to the cleaners!

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi and Crede777

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I dont understand this trade from CBJ or NJ's point of views

Keith has been absolutely horrible this year. So many weak, soft goals given up by him that had nothing to do with the defense even if our defense sucks. He was a ufa anyway and wasn't worth anything with how he's played this season. Getting something, anything is better than nothing.

Reactions: Oley49

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Cheap as free move to make sure there is someone there in case Bob or Korpi goes down. Our next guy in the system was Berube.

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
I dont understand this trade from CBJ or NJ's point of views

We still have Schnieder under a big contract for a few more years and we want to start working Blackwood into the rotation since he's looked the best of the three goalies this season. Kinkaid has had a tough year and is a UFA at the end of the season. I thought they would hold onto KK to play out the string and not expose Blackwood to anymore of this shitshow but I guess management thinks getting some games in March and April will be best for his development.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I wonder if they are trading Bob and Bread and acquired Duchene/Dzingel/Kinkaid to make up for the loss of talent. I mean it would be smart. The team can still go for it this year and they won't lose Bob/Bread for nothing.

Reactions: Agalloch

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
For what? Win games? The season is lost. PO are out of sight. Draft position is the only thing, that matters right now for the Devils.
For what? So Blackwood can get more NHL experience for the future. Kinkaid is terrible and isn't a young guy, time to move on.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Keith has been absolutely horrible this year. So many weak, soft goals given up by him that had nothing to do with the defense even if our defense sucks. He was a ufa anyway and wasn't worth anything with how he's played this season. Getting something, anything is better than nothing.
I try not to blame a single player for a overall team not doing so well. but yeah I swear he was much better last season. I didnt realize he was UFA. good to get anything u could in that case, especially if they had no interest in resigning.
but I dont see this as an upgrade over Korp. does this mean Bob might be moved now? and they would run Korp + Kink.... I dont see that being a great move after going all in this season. might as well ride the wave to the playoffs. and hope to resign Panarin or Bob. pretty sure Duchene will be let go since a resign would cost a 1st.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Would have been on waivers tomorrow if Columbus waited.

He had a good 40 game stretch spanning last year and the first month of this year. Now he is just awful and can't stop a beach ball. Prepare for at least one horrid goal against per game.

He is not a starting goalie, though the Devils tried to make him one with Schneider out, and is a mediocre backup at best, but for most of this year he was AHL calibre. Korpisalo is probably better. I don't see Kinkaid even getting an NHL contract offer next year, that's how bad he's been. He's played himself almost out of the league. The Devils D also helped with that.

He is good at Twitter though with his emoji thing after wins, but those were few and far between this year.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
We still have Schnieder under a big contract for a few more years and we want to start working Blackwood into the rotation since he's looked the best of the three goalies this season. Kinkaid has had a tough year and is a UFA at the end of the season. I thought they would hold onto KK to play out the string and not expose Blackwood to anymore of this ****show but I guess management thinks getting some games in March and April will be best for his development.
I wonder if they will call up Blackwood to take a year off his ELC so the can expose Schneider in the upcoming expansion draft. who knows maybe NJ would be willing to pay a draft pick so Seattle takes Schneider.
I still think Schneider can be a good goalie in the NHL. went/ going through a rough patch. starting to get his game back with that shutout last week i think it was

Reactions: Lateralous

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I wonder if they will call up Blackwood to take a year off his ELC so the can expose Schneider in the upcoming expansion draft. who knows maybe NJ would be willing to pay a draft pick so Seattle takes Schneider.
I still think Schneider can be a good goalie in the NHL. went/ going through a rough patch. starting to get his game back with that shutout last week i think it was
They already have called up Blackwood. He's participating in the morning skate and everything.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I try not to blame a single player for a overall team not doing so well. but yeah I swear he was much better last season. I didnt realize he was UFA. good to get anything u could in that case, especially if they had no interest in resigning.
but I dont see this as an upgrade over Korp. does this mean Bob might be moved now? and they would run Korp + Kink.... I dont see that being a great move after going all in this season. might as well ride the wave to the playoffs. and hope to resign Panarin or Bob. pretty sure Duchene will be let go since a resign would cost a 1st.

Keith was obviously not entirely to blame this year for the Devils performance but he was part of the problem and would give absolutely horrid back breaking weak goals throughout the season. He had a good 30-40 game run with us when Cory got hurt last year but it was clearly a fluke because he's been horrid ever since.

I have no idea from the Columbus side as to why they would want to do this. Probably a nuclear button pressing solution in case Bob leaves next year and they have no other options. I don't know lol

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site

It's possible that Schneider just came back too soon from hip surgery last summer and then totally lost his confidence after missing camp and then getting shelled every night. He's been much better lately and with a healthy offseason and a full training camp, he and blackwood could potentially be a decent rotation next year.

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan
I liked the other moves but this one sucks. Kinkaid might be the worst regulary playing goalie in the NHL this season. I wouldn’t have wasted a pick on a 3rd string goalie.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I guess. I prefer tanking and trying to get the best odds for the first overall pick.
We're already playing a bunch of young guys who are learning and developing. I don't see how continuing to subject them to terrible goaltending that outright costs them games helps their confidence or development in any way.

Reactions: ThePrideofStockholm

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I have to Call a a “Time Out”. I for one love Blockaid CBJ fans. First, it’s true the Devils regressed this year. He was amazing at the end of last year and begging of this year. I don’t understand the bashing. I personally think he was gassed. He went from being used sparingly to not taking a night off . Plus the Devils obviously regressed. His confidence is at an all time low but he should benefit from a change of scenery. If they need to split him down the stretch I think he can turn it around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad