Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/NJD] Keith Kinkaid for 2022 5th round pick

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Is Korpisalo waiver exempt? This is the only logic I can think of behind this deal, that Korpisalo will be sent to the AHL. Unless they're trading Bobrovsky and running with Korpisalo and Kinkaid (lol), I don't even see how this works without Korpisalo in the AHL.

He is not waiver exempt, he would require waivers to be sent down

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Is it even allowed to trade draft picks four drafts in advance (yes, that is the best wording I could come up with)?

Trading a goalie with one of the absolute worst GSAAs this year is an impressive feat, unless you're the GM who is acquiring said goalie. Kekäläinen has lost it.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I’m cool with accumulating picks. Don’t mind this one bit, and I’d be curious to see if MBW gets another look before the season is over.

I’ll always appreciate Keith for holding down the fort last year during our playoff push, but he’s an inconsistent goalie that isn’t all that good. Maybe he can turn it around behind a far superior CBJ defense.

Reactions: Lateralous

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Bob shouldn't be traded with all the acquisitions Columbus is making

I get he doesnt exactly have a stellar playoff record but hes still your #1 goalie. Trading him before a playoff run seems like shooting yourselves in the foot

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
Feels more like getting a backup NHL goaltender so Korpisalo can be sent to AHL and get some playing time. Bob has been playing well so Korpi has like 1 start in the last 3 weeks.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Which starting goalie was traded? Kinkaid is terrible outside one hot streak last season.

He has played 41 games this season, so he is a starting goalie. I didn't say that he was a particularly good one.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
This. Atrocious return for a guy who has really stepped up for the Devils the last few seasons. Devils now fully embracing the tank.

Wait, what?

Kinkaid had a great run last season before floundering in the playoffs, but he has not been very good this year. In 41 games, he has a 3.36 GAA and .891 Save %. Schneider has been just as bad (although better recently), but Blackwood has been the best goalie in NJ this season and now they can bring him back up.

NJ is going with Schneider/Blackwood next season, so Kinkaid would not have been resigned. Just glad they got something for him, as there's not going to be much of a trade market for an average backup.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Haha, all the people who have no idea what they're talking about are talking up Kinkaid?

Dude has been flat out bad, even on nights where the team has given him a chance.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Whatever happens to the Jackets after today whether they win the Cup or don't even make the playoffs, at least they've given their fans alot to talk about the past few days with all these trades. :)

Reactions: We Want Ten

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad