Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/NJD] Keith Kinkaid for 2022 5th round pick

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Lol Keith has been trash this year with a .891 save %, albeit on a garbage team with an even worse defensive structure. The dude just lets in so many soft goals. I wasn't expecting anything for him. Just getting a 2022 5th rounder is good enough for me.

I wish him luck, he's a good dude.

Reactions: HBK27
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Is Korpisalo waiver exempt? This is the only logic I can think of behind this deal, that Korpisalo will be sent to the AHL. Unless they're trading Bobrovsky and running with Korpisalo and Kinkaid (lol), I don't even see how this works without Korpisalo in the AHL.

I'm not sure, but I think the Blue Jackets have lost confidence in Korpisalo. This may just be a move to solidify the backup position. Once they get past the trade deadline, I think they can move guys without waivers.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
While it may be a domino effect I think this deal is more about the devils getting blackwood up to the bigs

It's about getting anything of value for a player that was not going to be brought back this offseason. Being able to bring MBW back up is just a bonus.

Eso

Oct 6, 2013
I don't understand why do you think Bob will leave the team on deadline. It's genuinely complicated to trade for a no 1 goalie, double that on deadline. I have even doubts there is a market for such a goalie. Possible contenders either have it solved (Bolts, Bruins, Isles etc.) or just have goalie who they possibly want to keep. Even I consider Flames as contender I still think they will trust in Smith&Rittich as their duo. Only way from my perspective would be Canes. But still - I don't think at all Bob will be moved today.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I can only assume this is a Depth Pananoia move for just in case one of Bob or Korpi gets injured - there's nobody immediately behind them right now for callup (our best guys are in Europe).

So CBJ is gonna carry 3 goalies on the 23 man roster?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Kinkaid has been a good backup for a few years, and started out very well this season with three early shutouts but has since been on a steady decline. Maybe he can get back on track with a better defensive team and in a proper backup role.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
This. Atrocious return for a guy who has really stepped up for the Devils the last few seasons. Devils now fully embracing the tank.
Did you just pull this nonsense out of thin air? He had a good 2 months last year and 4 games this year. Aside from that he’s been down right atrocious this season and mediocre to barely average the rest of his time and that was as a backup. Good lord.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It's a 2022 pick because Jackets have no picks available in 2019-2021 anymore.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Love when posters bash players that get moved after they played a significant part in doing something good for their team the previous year. I get he hasn’t been good. Welcome to Columbus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad