CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part XI

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Oregon (as I'm typing this) are getting smoked. So the OSU/Michigan game is probably going to be #3 vs #5.

It also means that barring a complete bonk, Cincinnati is probably going to wind up in that playoff. Oklahoma, Alabama, the OSU/MICH winner, and Cincy.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Oregon (as I'm typing this) are getting smoked. So the OSU/Michigan game is probably going to be #3 vs #5.

It also means that barring a complete bonk, Cincinnati is probably going to wind up in that playoff. Oklahoma, Alabama, the OSU/MICH winner, and Cincy.

Unless Oklahoma smokes Oklahoma St & also wins the Big 12 championship game I don't see them in the playoffs. Even if they win those 2 they are still not a certainty. Best hope for them is they win out, Alabama loses to Ga in the SEC championship. Cinci is an outsider at best imo. If they win out their only big in is over ND but I'm not sure that gets them in. Going to be interesting. Go Bucks.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
El Salvador vs United States, World Cup Qualifying.

January 27, 2022 at... Lower.com field.

Brrrrrrrrr.
Honest question from someone who watches zero soccer...do they play in any weather condition? I mean if there is a snowstorm, do they play through that like football or do games get postponed for weather like baseball?

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Honest question from someone who watches zero soccer...do they play in any weather condition? I mean if there is a snowstorm, do they play through that like football or do games get postponed for weather like baseball?
They won't play in lightning.

Snow? Rain? Extreme cold? They play through it... until they can't. There will eventually come a point where things are so absurd they just decide enough's enough, but as a general rule, they do what they can to get the game in. They only postpone if it gets to a point where the conditions are dangerous, or the field is unplayable. Although there have been times where if they see a storm coming in advance, they'll try to re-arrange the start time, or switch from saturday to sunday or vice versa to get around it.

If it involves snow, they frequently play with yellow or orange balls so the ball is distinguishable from the white of the snow. I do know that the new field in Columbus has underground heating technology, so the weather would have to be pretty ridiculous for snow to actually pile up on the field to the extent that the field would be unplayable.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
When your play calling isn't good, you drop passes, and the officials miss some calls, it's gonna be tough to win.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
wouldn’t be so sure. They’re very lucky the Penn State game is a home game because they’d probably get wrecked in Happy Valley. We’ll see how Michigan progresses as the year goes on but the Buckeyes are vulnerable, Michigan is tired of the embarrassment, and it’s at the big house.

You were right.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
And yet, none of the things you listed would have changed Michigan running the ball down Ohio State's throat and scoring on five straight possessions.
I guess I lumped that in with play calling. We had 6 guys in the box on defense the whole game, just awful.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
1. Alabama 2. Michigan 3. Georgia 4. Cincinnati 5. Baylor 6. ND 7. Ohio State 8. Oklahoma State 9. Ole Miss 10. Utah

Utah over Ohio State in rose bowl
Michigan over Georgia
Alabama over Cincinnati

Alabama over Michigan

you heard it here first

Reactions: EspenK

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
The Ohio State - Kentucky men’s basketball game this weekend has been canceled. OSU has had multiple players test positive for COVID.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
What a bizarre weekend, sports-wise.

First, the Jackets game was what it was. Then, the Rose Bowl game was straight up insane. And then, the ending of the Bengals/Chiefs game was almost too weird to believe.

I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'm worried that Utah is going to destroy the Bucks.

Well, that aged well. Early on it looked like I was right but then Holy Batman! Olave & JSN were unbelievable. Throw in Marvin Harrison Jr. and a new defensive coordinator and things are looking up for the Bucks.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

1. I'm a Michigan fan
2. I'm a CBJ fan
3. I'm a Lions fan (the team that I played in the playoff semis of my fantasy league decided it was a good idea to play Rashaad Penny for the 1st time). It was a 41 point good idea and I got to watch it all.

I'm with ya.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If you think its bad being a Browns/Bengals fan in addition to a CBJ fan, imagine being a Chargers fan and CBJ fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00