CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Online poker disappeared because the federal government made it illegal. Sites like Poker Stars still exist, they just can't operate in the United States. I'm not sure how fantasy sports sites are much different.

True. But it got really popular when WSOP was on TV and caused many people who were not very good to play. My friends used to clean up on these guys until they started disappearing and left the playing pool with much better people. The easy money had disappeared a few years before it was made illegal

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
watching two teams up north.........man some of these targeting penalties are terrible

young man works his ass off.....playing in one of his biggest games ever as a college athlete and gets kicked out for a BS call

NCAA continues to be biggest joke in all of sports

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Bahahahahahahaa! Go Sparty! (until the Bucks). Did you see the emotions in the stands? Those 2 old guys who before the last play looked like crap were happy as hell and the red headed kid who earlier was caught uttering the F word and flipping the bird was holding his head in a catatonic state to say nothing about the girl behind him who's mouth was shaped liked an O.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
EMINEM2.jpg

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Cardale Jones is Urban Meyer's Dalton Prout. YTF he is playing over Barrett amazes me.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Hopefully, OSU retires those black uni's for good after last night. Yuck! Stick with the Scarlet and Gray!

Doubtful, lots of players and fans liked them. They even mentioned how it helps with recruiting as they like to see new jerseys and what not. I wouldn't be surprised to see one "alternate" jersey/color scheme once every year or two. It's alllllllllll about $$$$ new jerseys means more money. Everybody and their mother has a OSU jersey, but nobody had a black one. Just more money to make on jersey sales.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Today was perhaps the most Browns-ish game there ever was. Should be 4-2, but stand at 2-4, because Cleveland. :shakehead

Why did Pettine go for two with 8 1/2 minutes left and up by 4? At that point in the game I would rather be up by 5 (almost) guaranteed that the chance of being up by 6. Just kick the XP, and then when Denver comes back and scores a TD, then you're only down by 2 rather than down by 3. Too early to be chasing a point there IMO. Oh well, at least it was an entertaining game, which is more than I can say about some previous years.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Why did Pettine go for two with 8 1/2 minutes left and up by 4? At that point in the game I would rather be up by 5 (almost) guaranteed that the chance of being up by 6. Just kick the XP, and then when Denver comes back and scores a TD, then you're only down by 2 rather than down by 3. Too early to be chasing a point there IMO. Oh well, at least it was an entertaining game, which is more than I can say about some previous years.

With the new xp being further back, I'd go for a 6 pt lead as well. 5 points does nothing for you really imo.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008

I'm with you. One of my pet peeves is chasing extra points, and I've said many times that Mack Brown had one of the greatest (and most forgotten) coaching decisions in history by not chasing extra points in the 2005 championship after an early missed PAT. The end result was that Vince Young scored the winning touchdown that gave a three-point cushion; chasing extra points and not getting them may well have resulted in a touchdown only tying the game.

With the new xp being further back, I'd go for a 6 pt lead as well. 5 points does nothing for you really imo.

Unless the opposing team scores a touchdown, in which case they're going for two. Now your own FG would tie it, but a missed two-pointer by the opponent would allow your FG to win the game.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
JT Barrett named starting QB for Buckeyes! At least one smart decision made today in Columbus.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
JT - Hint: Read/Option means read #15's jersey and hand him the friggin ball.
QB runs 8 times, 50 yards.
#15 runs 30x. 265 yards, 4 tds.
QB - 17-23 passing, 215 yards, 2 tds. no TO's.
Game over at halftime. JT's stats for 3 quarters.
Cardale in game for 4th quarter.

Lather, rinse and repeat, 6 Saturdays (includes B10 Title Game), excludes bye week.
Cardale can start bye week.

And then same wash cycle for 2 more after that (NYE and some 10 days later).

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Ohio State, last week, looked just like Nebraska, this week. Isn't that just swell?

old people...:shakehead

Just one old guy poking fun at another. I personally hate most of the new unis but I thought the OSU black ones at least looked good although I would have preferred the traditional.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
old people...:shakehead

Just one old guy poking fun at another. I personally hate most of the new unis but I thought the OSU black ones at least looked good although I would have preferred the traditional.

I only saw a few OSU highlights, but I will grant this much: they looked better than Nebraska.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad