CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I actually think the new unis look decent and I'm FAR from being an OSU fan. I'm a fan of a team that's got classic unis and a rich history so I understand if you don't like them for that reason, but they really don't look bad.

This.. I root for a rival team and even I think those are nice. Much better look than the black numbers on top of the home scarlet jerseys.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I actually think the new unis look decent and I'm FAR from being an OSU fan. I'm a fan of a team that's got classic unis and a rich history so I understand if you don't like them for that reason, but they really don't look bad.

This.. I root for a rival team and even I think those are nice. Much better look than the black numbers on top of the home scarlet jerseys.

Well, of course folks who aren't Buckeye fans would think they're nice. Objectively speaking, they do look pretty good. They're just not Buckeyes uniforms. That's the objection.

It'd be akin to seeing Notre Dame wearing purple, or Alabama wearing green, or Michigan wearing orange, or Oregon wearing something sensible, or something. That color and that team just don't go together like that.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Well, of course folks who aren't Buckeye fans would think they're nice. Objectively speaking, they do look pretty good. They're just not Buckeyes uniforms. That's the objection.

It'd be akin to seeing Notre Dame wearing purple, or Alabama wearing green, or Michigan wearing orange, or Oregon wearing something sensible, or something. That color and that team just don't go together like that.

Amen. Amen. Amen.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Terrible, just terrible. Oregon didn't even wear their school colors in the Championship game. Using them as a comparison is missing the point.

Also, what Viqsi said (never thought I'd say that)

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
The amount of money that is made by a few on there is staggering. What a great business plan though -- tapping into the hubris of middle-aged men who think they know their fantasy sports and how statistics work and then taking a rake of all the action.

I wonder if that will go how online poker did. Once all the fish disappear, it's harder to make a decent catch.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
The amount of money that is made by a few on there is staggering. What a great business plan though -- tapping into the hubris of middle-aged men who think they know their fantasy sports and how statistics work and then taking a rake of all the action.

I wonder if that will go how online poker did. Once all the fish disappear, it's harder to make a decent catch.

I'm genuinely terrified to see how many FanDuel commercials we get during Blue Jackets commercials.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008

Online poker disappeared because the federal government made it illegal. Sites like Poker Stars still exist, they just can't operate in the United States. I'm not sure how fantasy sports sites are much different.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Online poker disappeared because the federal government made it illegal. Sites like Poker Stars still exist, they just can't operate in the United States. I'm not sure how fantasy sports sites are much different.

if you live in NJ you can play online poker. They made it legal. I have a feeling that DK and FD will be regulated and illegal soon though...i'll enjoy it while I can...

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
The black numbers on the top don't mesh well with the rest of the jersey - let alone they're not easy to read with scarlet being so dark to begin with.

Yet they have their roots in OSU history.

rex_kern_1968_11_23.jpg

Iconic. They wore throwbacks in 1993 as well. I could still kick myself for not finding the dough to buy a game jersey at Long's after that season.

The black would be a lot more tolerable with some kind of dark grey pants, but it's not horrible. I doubt they're worn more than once or twice, so it's hard to get too worked up about it. The band's been wearing black for over a hundred years and no one minds.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Yet they have their roots in OSU history.

rex_kern_1968_11_23.jpg

Iconic. They wore throwbacks in 1993 as well. I could still kick myself for not finding the dough to buy a game jersey at Long's after that season.

The black would be a lot more tolerable with some kind of dark grey pants, but it's not horrible. I doubt they're worn more than once or twice, so it's hard to get too worked up about it. The band's been wearing black for over a hundred years and no one minds.

Band does look good as is..

I have no quirms with alternate unis in general - definitely gets recruits and players interested/excited.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
if you live in NJ you can play online poker. They made it legal. I have a feeling that DK and FD will be regulated and illegal soon though...i'll enjoy it while I can...

Just gotta get lucky once before then! :laugh:

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
MLS's Seattle Sounders fans with a banner in Finnish... "Tamu-K to the third division. Three promotions behind, three ahead!"

The history behind the two respective sides, Seattle and Tampere United (based in the former hometown of Jarmo Kekäläinen and Ville Siren) has seen both mutual interaction by the fans of both and little something else. Once a dominant Finnish team, TamU were few years ago banished by the Finnish Football Association for taking Singaporean 'marketing money'. The whole team then succumbed to it's fate but the fans started a new team called TamU-K (K as kannattajat, supporters) in the lowest division. It's tale has been then recorded by the Seattleites.

CQiAGt1UAAQFuZD.jpg

tamuk_tahve_ecs.jpg

"Blue Guard, the one who lasts will win".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad