Confirmed with Link: [CBJ/ANA] Milano traded for Devin Shore

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Its like a war between Torts fans vs Milano fans? You cant blame Torts for the lack of D and constant turnovers the.kid had. Wish him all the best but he just wasnt a fit here. Im sure you give him the right offense and linemates he could excell but should we change our whole system for 1 player?

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
So much potential with Sonny, but his d-zone play is bad, and he needs to hit the weight room because he gets knocked off the puck too easily (Bjorkstrand used to have this problem too). He could be a solid 2nd liner if he dedicates himself to getting better.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Its like a war between Torts fans vs Milano fans? You cant blame Torts for the lack of D and constant turnovers the.kid had. Wish him all the best but he just wasnt a fit here. Im sure you give him the right offense and linemates he could excell but should we change our whole system for 1 player?
No but it hasn’t just been one player. I do not like Milano, never have, but he never had a chance of reaching his potential here.

Reactions: We Want Ten

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

The solution really is simple -----

FIRE TORTS!!

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
No but it hasn’t just been one player. I do not like Milano, never have, but he never had a chance of reaching his potential here.
Do we have more 2way team scoring players or more offensively minded guys? We are a 2 way team scoring team not some transition juggernaut.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Based on his record, the Sens goalie looks like he’s just slightly better than the Zamboni driver.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I think sonny got a bit of a raw deal here. Not so much with opportunity, but with his ice time. That being said, the opportunity did exist and he did nothing with it. I won’t be surprising he has a turnaround for Anaheim, and I hope he has success.
Yup, but Milano was our 5th most efficient player for points per time played , the kid is 23, put in the effort to change his game , and got yanked around by our coach . Torts gives speeches to the press we need to forget and move on, just play our game, but he doesn’t coach that way . Great asset management in this case :help:.
CC8F5407-76DD-4F10-880A-0BB26A685772.jpeg

Reactions: We Want Ten

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Yup, but Milano was our 5th most efficient player for points per time played , the kid is 23, put in the effort to change his game , and got yanked around by our coach . Torts gives speeches to the press we need to forget and move on, just play our game, but he doesn’t coach that way . Great asset management in this case :help:.View attachment 326517
Good chart. Sonny did make mistakes, but I think Torts tolerance level for the miscues was extra low with him.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Who knows? Maybe he was a dickhead and a bad teammate and that made the trade easier. Doesn’t seem like the most easygoing of dudes after the assault story. We never know the whole story with the players.

Reactions: Derby and JKinCLE

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I would’ve preferred a 2nd (which I think Sonny could have gotten) or I think even a 3rd (which I’m almost certain he would’ve gotten) than Shore. Hopefully Shore proves me wrong.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Would have rather had a 4th round draft pick (or a pick at all). Sonny wasn't going to fetch anything more. Instead they took back an equally struggling player. I have no love for Sonny. Not a fan of players that don't seem to put in the extra work necessary to become better players. He seemed to not care about anything other than looking flashy. He'll probably go on and be a good player somewhere because that's a typical thing to do when you leave the CBJ. See ya Sonny. Good luck.

Reactions: Martin Sloan

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Yup, but Milano was our 5th most efficient player for points per time played , the kid is 23, put in the effort to change his game , and got yanked around by our coach . Torts gives speeches to the press we need to forget and move on, just play our game, but he doesn’t coach that way . Great asset management in this case :help:.View attachment 326517
Good lord, Anderson is worse than most D men

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Shore seems like a warm body. His 2.4M contract is an RFA this summer. Should be interesting to see if he can revert to Dallas form quickly with us.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Where is point per game Stefan Matteau on that chart?

Milano doesn’t play in defensive situations. He is one of the leaders in pts/60. Yet he is -5 on the season. What does that indicate?

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Where is point per game Stefan Matteau on that chart?

Milano doesn’t play in defensive situations. He is one of the leaders in pts/60. Yet he is -5 on the season. What does that indicate?
Hmmm, Maybe? .....He can’t keep pace with Boone’s -12 or Anderson’s -8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad