Confirmed with Link: [CBJ/ANA] Milano traded for Devin Shore

Status
Not open for further replies.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
if anyone get too excited Shore is pretty bad at center so it doesn't solve long term issue. but he's more steady than milano I guess

Reactions: Fireball23

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I think sonny got a bit of a raw deal here. Not so much with opportunity, but with his ice time. That being said, the opportunity did exist and he did nothing with it. I won’t be surprising he has a turnaround for Anaheim, and I hope he has success.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I think sonny got a bit of a raw deal here. Not so much with opportunity, but with his ice time. That being said, the opportunity did exist and he did nothing with it. I won’t be surprising he has a turnaround for Anaheim, and I hope he has success.

Agreed. I'm forgetting the Timeline but it seemed like there was a stretch early in the season where I thought it was really starting to click for him, his ice team was increasing and then... He got injured?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Agreed. I'm forgetting the Timeline but it seemed like there was a stretch early in the season where I thought it was really starting to click for him, his ice team was increasing and then... He got injured?

Yup, same game Anderson re-injured his shoulder I believe. Milano came back and was never the same.

With Anaheim he can play his rogue game style and maybe he’s able to light a fire and get some linemates who can ad lib with him.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Sonny Milano will have 3x as many points with Anaheim as Devin Shore will have with the Blue Jackets. Our doghouse tends to be "Hotel California - ish" - I tend to be drawn to the CBJ castoffs for some reason, still ticked over Wild Bill 3 years post.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Jarmo couldn't do shit this TDL and it shows. Guess we have to hope guys get healthy and to keep getting games to OT. We may have 20 OT/SO losses by the end of the season. Based on other moves by teams ahead of us though, this seems like a white flag on this season from the front office.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Jarmo couldn't do shit this TDL and it shows. Guess we have to hope guys get healthy and to keep getting games to OT. We may have 20 OT/SO losses by the end of the season. Based on other moves by teams ahead of us though, this seems like a white flag on this season from the front office.
I mean it was expected we’d be quiet this deadline. Hardly a surprise nobody got moved, no picks traded

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012

How's it a white flag if Jarmo couldn't do shit?

Reactions: thebus88

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Its too bad it didn't work out here for Sonny, maybe a change of scenery will do him good. As critical as I have been of him, I was always hoping he would get better for Columbus. Hope he does well in Anaheim.

Last edited:

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Not sure Anaheim is a better team for Sonny, but I think his skills would be better suited for a different team than the Jackets. At least he'll get more playing time this season for the Ducks.

Edited to add: Asked a Ducks fan friend of mine about Shore. His response: Shore is a hockey player who exists and plays for the Ducks... Not sure that's exactly a thrilling endorsement. But at least he isn't noticeable for mistakes he makes on the ice.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I’m think Sonny will have a chance to play and show more offense with the Ducks......At least in return, we didn’t get a zamboni driver. Or maybe I’ll wish we did after seeing him. But in all fairness, he looks to have twice the offensive prowess of Riley Nash. Could be in the top 5 in shootout rotation once he arrives. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Dumb move, but can't help but think it was made necessary by Torts. Watch Sonny turn into a perennial 20-goal scorer.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
He could take off in Anaheim. But then again, he may not. It could have been Torts holding him back, or maybe not. It also could be he didn't want to play in Columbus, or maybe not. If he does good or bad in Anaheim, none of us will know the real reason why. This kind of stuff happens with all teams, not just Columbus. It seems when guys get traded or leave via free agency, if they go on to be better, people will blame the organization. If they go on to be the same or worse, then people don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad