Cavs vs. Warriors: Who's getting sick of seeing the same teams in the Finals?

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
- Lebron returned to Cleveland
- Golden State's stacked team

What else can I say?

Personally, I'm a Lebron fan. He does so much for the Cavs while putting it all on the line each and every game. He also gives a maximum effort each and every game. However, I'm slightly sick of seeing Golden State in the finals. They're like the Patriots of the NBA:

Brady = LeBron or Curry; and they seem to act arrogant at times, just like New England.

I know, a crazy comparison, but it's like saying:

Sidney Crosby = Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, or any other current elite QB's in the NFL. Also, LeBron or Curry as well

Wayne Gretzky = Joe Montana or any other elite QB's during the 80's and 90's, or Michael Jordan

Last edited:

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Even though Lebron's been in more finals I'm mad Curry has been in a lot of finals!!! Rage!!!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's pretty lame that you know who's in the finals before the season starts and basically who's gonna win. I mean does anyone expect that Cleveland wins more than one game?

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, it's not good. I'm meh on the whole Vegas thing in hockey but give me hockey's unpredictability over what we get in basketball any day of the week.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
The league it broken. Either stop the one and dones (should increase quality of drafted players) or create a minor league. Maybe 3 or 4 players are worth anything a couple years after being drafted.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Not really. In the 80s it was similar with either the Lakers or Celtics in the finals every year, with a stretch where it was them facing each other 3 years straight.

In the 1990's you had the Bulls in 3x in a row twice.

It may be the same teams over and over again but LeBron had a great point in his presser, other teams have had chances to beat CLE or GSW and just haven't been able to. This is the result of the super team era.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I like the fact that GS built a championship team through the draft and have earned it more than any of LeBrons team success. Adding Durant was because of LeBron trying to recruit players to specifically beat GS. GS just got the best hired gun out there. I ddin't like the addition of Durant but due to the climate I understand it and is why I am rooting for GS. I hate seeing Lebron in the Finals so much not a fun team like GS.

Reactions: slocal

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Not really. In the 80s it was similar with either the Lakers or Celtics in the finals every year, with a stretch where it was them facing each other 3 years straight.

In the 1990's you had the Bulls in 3x in a row twice.

It may be the same teams over and over again but LeBron had a great point in his presser, other teams have had chances to beat CLE or GSW and just haven't been able to. This is the result of the super team era.

You can throw in the Pistons of the late 80's-early 90's going to the Finals 3 years in a row. Which could have been potentially 4 straight appearances if not for the Isiah turnover in game 5 and losing two of their better offensive players in Johnson and Dantley to injury in game 7.

The cream rises to the top in the NBA. I can understand being sick of LeBron. He'll go down as a top 5/10 player of all-time. But he has also played in an era where the East has practically been non-existent his entire tenure. Thus he alone can take a team of JR Smith's to the NBA Finals.

Kevin Durant signing with Golden State is the only reason why I see someone hating that team. Outside of him, their three main pieces were built through the draft. None of which were top five picks either. In addition to making smart free agent moves and trades prior to Durant arriving. They've done everything correctly and it's pure jealousy from other fans.

Reactions: slocal and Voight

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
You can throw in the Pistons of the late 80's-early 90's going to the Finals 3 years in a row. Which could have been potentially 4 straight appearances if not for the Isiah turnover in game 5 and losing two of their better offensive players in Johnson and Dantley to injury in game 7.

The cream rises to the top in the NBA. I can understand being sick of LeBron. He'll go down as a top 5/10 player of all-time. But he has also played in an era where the East has practically been non-existent his entire tenure. Thus he alone can take a team of JR Smith's to the NBA Finals.

Kevin Durant signing with Golden State is the only reason why I see someone hating that team. Outside of him, their three main pieces were built through the draft. None of which were top five picks either. In addition to making smart free agent moves and trades prior to Durant arriving. They've done everything correctly and it's pure jealousy from other fans.
Top 5/10? Give me a break. You think he might be a HOFer someday too?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Warriors have looked beatable these playoffs. Nobody would have predicted that when the season started.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Warriors have looked beatable these playoffs. Nobody would have predicted that when the season started.
I think what the warriors are doing is not showing there whole play book. They shot pretty poorly in that game and their switches seemed odd. If Durant guards Lebron the whole game tight Lebron gets a lot more frustrated and doesn't score 51 because he turns into a jump shooter.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think it is fair to say Lebron is top 5.

But there is no argument for him being above MJ the losing and meltdowns assure early on assure of that

A fun act that many don't know, especially when they are too quick to point out how good MJ's teams were -

LeBron had a team mate average over 20 PPG 4 times (Kyrie twice, Wade twice) in the finals. Pippen was Jordans only team mate to do that. MJ often had the carry the offensive (and defensive) load. People forget that the Bulls went 72-10 and were so great because of him.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
A fun act that many don't know, especially when they are too quick to point out how good MJ's teams were -

LeBron had a team mate average over 20 PPG 4 times (Kyrie twice, Wade twice) in the finals. Pippen was Jordans only team mate to do that. MJ often had the carry the offensive (and defensive) load. People forget that the Bulls went 72-10 and were so great because of him.
Pippen and Rodman were better than Jordan defensively.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Lebron has been a great player but that complete choke job in 2011 is all you need to see.

I wish people would stop trying to compare them... Jordan was just simply perfect... 6-0 in the finals is just to hard to live up to.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Furthermore Jordan would have never let the Cavs lose to the friggin' Magic in '09. Nor to the Mavericks in '11 while being flanked by Wade and Bosh.
ROFL. Lebron absolutely dominated that series, yet even the NBA remains a team sport. Pretty bold to say Jordan wouldn't have let them lose since he was 1-9 in playoff games without a HOFer on his team.

That's just it though, people are lazy and instead of actually analyzing a player's game, they come out with blanket statements like MJ was magic so he just wouldn't let his team lose.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
ROFL. Lebron absolutely dominated that series, yet even the NBA remains a team sport. Pretty bold to say Jordan wouldn't have let them lose since he was 1-9 in playoff games without a HOFer on his team.

That's just it though, people are lazy and instead of actually analyzing a player's game, they come out with blanket statements like MJ was magic so he just wouldn't let his team lose.

I lived through the Jordan era.

Once he got over the mental hump of Detroit, he wasn't going to be stopped.

Also pretty convenient to say LeBron dominated that Orlando series after the fact. After dragging a lesser supporting cast to the Finals against a better team.

All while not having home court.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I lived through the Jordan era.

Once he got over the mental hump of Detroit, he wasn't going to be stopped.

Also pretty convenient to say LeBron dominated that Orlando series after the fact. After dragging a lesser supporting cast to the Finals against a better team.

All while not having home court.
This is exactly what I'm talking about: pure hyperbole, no real substance in your post.

And you are clearly holding Lebron to a much higher standard. He put up 38/8/8 on the best defensive team in the league, I doubt Jordan ever accomplished that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad