Cavs vs. Warriors: Who's getting sick of seeing the same teams in the Finals?

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Well folks after tonight we will never the Cavaliers in the Finals again. In fact, they are probably a lottery team next season.

Oh but the Warriors will win next years championship. But hey at least someone new will get their ass kicked by them.

If Lebron goes west, it's the Raps/Celtics/Sixers up for grabs.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Its simply time for a refresher. hopefully Lebron moves to a new team and that team can challenge GS more

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
If LeBron heads West, the Warriors are anything but a lock next year.

Quite frankly, as good as they are as a potential dynasty, that would make it five straight final appearances. Not as easy as it looks...especially when you play in the tougher conference

Fatigue and complacency was setting in this year alone. Despite that team being in it's prime.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I think it's embarrassing that the best player in the League has to move around and find all these players to play with to beat GS. No one is taking a pay cut to play with LeBron. Why would a fan invest their time cheering for a team when that teams roster changes so much? I'm sure Cleveland was happy with a championship but the whole revamping of the roster every few seasons doesn't seem worth it. It seems like Lebron is going to always play for a championship caliber team until he retires. He's chasing championships.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
GSW is going to win until Klay or Draymonds contract comes up. Yes, in the event either of them leaves, they'd still have 3 stars but it would easier to beat them.

However, Klay has apparently said he'd take a payout to stay..... so there goes that.

I'd leave if I were him. By the time he's a free agent next year, he could potentially have 4 rings -- why not leave and take a max contract elsewhere? Winning 'chips is obviously amazing, but they aren't going to make or break a guy like Thompson legacy. 3 or 4 is pretty good.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
GSW is going to win until Klay or Draymonds contract comes up. Yes, in the event either of them leaves, they'd still have 3 stars but it would easier to beat them.

However, Klay has apparently said he'd take a payout to stay..... so there goes that.

or.... the repeater tax becomes too much for the warriors starting not next year, but in 2019-20. Or in 2020-21 when it goes over 210+ million

It balloons to about 190 million in that season. Plus injuries, Durant wanting to leave, and just the disease of more will happen. They won't win 6 straight titles or whatever. They'll probably win one more in the next 2 years.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
or.... the repeater tax becomes too much for the warriors starting not next year, but in 2019-20. Or in 2020-21 when it goes over 210+ million

It balloons to about 190 million in that season. Plus injuries, Durant wanting to leave, and just the disease of more will happen. They won't win 6 straight titles or whatever. They'll probably win one more in the next 2 years.

The franchise valuation has shot up over 200% since the Curry/Kerr era began, I think Jacob would be OK with paying a huge tax bill. He could sell that team right now for probably 2.5 billion at least.

I do hope KD comes back to OKC LeBron style in a. couple years.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
March 10, 1997 - a blast from the past

Dfbkt66U0AAea6h

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The debates happening in both the NBA and NHL are interesting:

In the NHL people are complaining about too much parity because of the unfathomable run the Knights went on and then in the NBA the debate is that there needs to be more parity and less super teams. Honestly I want both leagues to find more of a middle ground, but at this point I like the parity of the NHL more than the super teams that can be built in the NBA.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The debates happening in both the NBA and NHL are interesting:

In the NHL people are complaining about too much parity because of the unfathomable run the Knights went on and then in the NBA the debate is that there needs to be more parity and less super teams. Honestly I want both leagues to find more of a middle ground, but at this point I like the parity of the NHL more than the super teams that can be built in the NBA.
Every once and a while it's good to have a dominant team. It's not good when 1 guy has to be apart of them each season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad