Player Discussion Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) #37 - Part III

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
We'll have to see his progress. I don't know how he gets to the level he needs to be in without professional level experience. It wasn't just that he wasn't in NHL shape, it's that the game was moving too fast for him. He needs that AHL level experience. He should plan for an entire season in Rochester.
I agree. Half a year minimum, and only if he really blows everyone's socks off. He's not ready yet otherwise and could turn into a project.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It can be hard for someone that was always one of the best without ever having to work on things other than what he likes ie hand eye coordination, shooting etc to develop a grinder mindset and turn into s gym rat. Hopefully he had a come to Jesus moment and realized how much that effort transformed MacKinnon and Briere. The team provides the tools but it's the man that needs to supply the motivation
Along these lines I remember reading about Bustmuffin (Eric Rasmussen trains Mitts In the offseason) trying and failing to get Mitts to understand the level of offseason work needed for the NHL. This was prior to his rookie year. Then after Mitts struggled as a rookie he finally got it and started working hard in the gym last summer. But he had a lot more than one offseason of work ahead of him too get where he needs to be. Hopefully this long offseason gets him the equivalent of two offseason of work under his belt.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
If Casey earns a spot on this team, I'll happily welcome him.

If he's gifted one either in the name of saving money, or forced to because 'He's an 8th pick guys!', he will get crucified by Sabres fans everywhere, again.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
If Mitts could take a step and be an NHL player this season:

Hall Eichel Reinhart
Skinner Staal Cozens
Goalofsson Mitts Tage
Girgs Eakin Okposo Reider Lazar

I would have Cozens sit on one side of Staal and Mitts the other side of Staal in the dressing room. Tage can sit besides Cozens so he is close too.

would be a nice forward group. D and Goalies still need massaging.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
As expected, looks like a 2-way contract. Capfriendly showing minor salary of $70,000.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
As expected, looks like a 2-way contract. Capfriendly showing minor salary of $70,000.

He belongs in the AHL for at least one more, preferably two full seasons. He was in over his head when he was in the NHL. Let him build up his confidence in the AHL and hopefully improve his work ethic and drive.

Reactions: Jacob582

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
He belongs in the AHL for at least one more, preferably two full seasons. He was in over his head when he was in the NHL. Let him build up his confidence in the AHL and hopefully improve his work ethic and drive.
agreed. tough to balance fortnite and hockey. Let him dominate fortnite save the world before jumping to battle Royale mode.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I wonder if Mitts would be a candidate for the taxi squad.
Absolutely not. He's needs ice time.
IMHO he's Rochester bound until he proves otherwise at this point. I'm interested to see how he's progressed. It'd take him absolutely dominating the preseason for me to give him a roster spot though.
Counterproposal: harness him to the rickshaw squad

If only we had somebody from the Yukon to help motivate him with similar transport, the headlines would write themselves

"From Mush to Mush!"

Member 308457

I'd rather see Casey than Okposo, a has-been whose been a real dead weight on the roster for many years, considering his $6 million salary.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I'd rather see Casey than Okposo, a has-been whose been a real dead weight on the roster for many years, considering his $6 million salary.
Choosing between Mitts and KO from what we have last seen you always take KO.
That is if you want to win games or grief over a horrible contract.
Not to say that I want KO on this team but Mitts isn't even an NHL player yet.
There was so much dead weight on this team when they were last playing that KO was floating pretty well.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
agreed. tough to balance fortnite and hockey. Let him dominate fortnite save the world before jumping to battle Royale mode.

Epic games already said that Fortnite save the world was end-of-life and wouldn't be updated a while ago. Casey will need to pick up World of Warcraft to work on his RPG skills. (If Mittelstadt or his handlers are reading this: this was a joke. Don't let him play WoW, he clearly has a problem regulating himself when it comes to video games.)

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Epic games already said that Fortnite save the world was end-of-life and wouldn't be updated a while ago. Casey will need to pick up World of Warcraft to work on his RPG skills. (If Mittelstadt or his handlers are reading this: this was a joke. Don't let him play WoW, he clearly has a problem regulating himself when it comes to video games.)

Is this even still a thing to this day? I know this has been a long running joke/thing with Mitts, but I guess he'll never let this down?

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Is this even still a thing to this day? I know this has been a long running joke/thing with Mitts, but I guess he'll never let this down?
Until he shows up to camp absolutely shredded everyone will assume all he does is game in his spare time and not workout(probably not too far off). Problem is, I think Casey is like Phil Kessel where he never had to workout, he could just show up and dominate. Then we rushed him. If that's who the guy is and how he prepares for games then he should've played 2 full seasons in NCAA before a full season in the A. If he wants to be a natural kind of player then let his body develop naturally before sending him to the wolves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad