Case for Pastrnak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
And that's the problem. Having the Ignore function is great but people still respond to bad posters.

Why do they waste their time responding? One of life's mysteries. :dunno:

Some of the really bad ones I don't bother wasting my time with. But for some, it brings just enough intrigue for me. The ones with the asinine left field claims, yeah I know to avoid that pile of tin foil. But those just on the cusp? They just make me want to push them over the edge. :laugh:

That being said, I should probably stop, because I'm probably one of the ones that helps contribute to keeping them here, and driving away the good ones. Sorry for that. :(

nlgb1

Dec 31, 2010
Watched him at d camp on Saturday, this kids not ready for NHL play by a long shot.

I was definitely impressed (sometimes blown away) by his speed and stick handling, but he routinely turned the puck over and played out of control. Seemed like as soon as he got the puck in his own end, he got tunnel vision and would go coast to coast taking one or two guys on in the neutral zone. Its too bad he plays this way because his dynamic nature has dmen backing off big time pretty much giving him entry to the offensive zone. once he learns to slow down a bit and look for the open man he will be deadly. Havent seen moves like this kid has in the bruins system ever. seguin had speed but not stickhandling at top speed like pastrnak. I don't think his size has anything to do with his readiness, needs to change his approach.

I would love to see him challenge for a spot simply because of how entertaining he is, and it's easy to mistake that for effectiveness, but he still has 2-3 years to go.

in the back of my mind I hope he makes the roster, ready or not, because he really is a treat to watch. Gonna love watching him on a nightly basis in the upcoming years.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Watched him at d camp on Saturday, this kids not ready for NHL play by a long shot.

I was definitely impressed (sometimes blown away) by his speed and stick handling, but he routinely turned the puck over and played out of control. Seemed like as soon as he got the puck in his own end, he got tunnel vision and would go coast to coast taking one or two guys on in the neutral zone. Its too bad he plays this way because his dynamic nature has dmen backing off big time pretty much giving him entry to the offensive zone. once he learns to slow down a bit and look for the open man he will be deadly. Havent seen moves like this kid has in the bruins system ever. seguin had speed but not stickhandling at top speed like pastrnak. I don't think his size has anything to do with his readiness, needs to change his approach.

I would love to see him challenge for a spot simply because of how entertaining he is, and it's easy to mistake that for effectiveness, but he still has 2-3 years to go.

in the back of my mind I hope he makes the roster, ready or not, because he really is a treat to watch. Gonna love watching him on a nightly basis in the upcoming years.

Thanks for your observations... Wasn't able to make it down this year so I appreciate every word here. :)

I liked and miss a lot about Seguin but one thing I didn't/don't miss was his trademark "deke" into 2 defenders at top speed. :laugh: Been a while since we had an offensive talent prospect like Pastrnak, Seguin and Kessel were probably the last... Hamilton tore up the OHL but he didn't exactly drastically stand out like people are saying Pastrnak is. When was the last time we even had someone who looked like a good NHL player in the late first round? :laugh: A lot of his improvement came this year, as defensemen take a lot longer anyway.

Can't wait to see him live sometime soon. Hopefully I can make it down to camp if it's open again and he makes it there. Long way to go for him, but really excited to watch him progress. Didn't know much about him, was on the Kempe bandwagon, but as soon as I read about him I LOVED it.

HanktheHammer*

Has anyone checked out his ink? We know the evil scourge of tattoos will be the downfall of the franchise.

You told me to stop with the tattoo talk and here you keep chiming in on it. Let it go, unified. I have.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
does the 9 game limit apply to all rookies? I always thought it was just for the purposes of sending them back to their Junior team. If Pastrnak has been playing in a pro league couldn't they conceivably keep him as long as they want or would returning to his team in Sweden be considered the equivalent of returning to juniors?

I don't really understand your question (it is very muggy hot here today and i've bin a drinking) --the 9 games relates to the limit that can be played before a year is burned off the ELC. The 9 games do not have to be consecutive and can be drawn out over an extended period of time but once the 10th game is played you are 1 year closer to RFA then UFA status.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
How do you know this?

I don't know this. Just a hunch. Right now he's undersized (weight wise) to play against NHL dmen. My thought process is let him play in Sweden against men in a tier or two below that of the NHL.

Than bring him to Providence to again play against men while getting accustomed to life in NA. After that, he should be ready for the NHL.

He'd be 20 yrs old by that time and have plenty of professional games under his belt while not having as much pressure as he would if he jumped straight into the NHL.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I don't know this. Just a hunch. Right now he's undersized (weight wise) to play against NHL dmen. My thought process is let him play in Sweden against men in a tier or two below that of the NHL.

Than bring him to Providence to again play against men while getting accustomed to life in NA. After that, he should be ready for the NHL.

He'd be 20 yrs old by that time and have plenty of professional games under his belt while not having as much pressure as he would if he jumped straight into the NHL.

You stated it as fact. I have no idea what's going to happen, and neither does Pastrnak, or the Bruins. And that's just looking at this fall, let alone the next three years. Too many variables to know for certain.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Let's suppose he follows a nutrition program set out for him by the medical staff and shows up in the fall having added ten pounds of muscle. Then, during camp, the coaches work with him to correct any apparent deficiencies in his play such as defensive responsibilities and using his teammates better. If the coaches and management feel he's ready, why waste two years in Sweden and the AHL?

I don't feel qualified to set out a career path for this kid.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
rofl at all the hype for a guy just drafted in the end of the first round. It's like a bunch of Leaf fans in here dreaming about Morgan Rielly winning his Norris trophy by 2016

Pastrnak will be lucky to have a Caron like career

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
rofl at all the hype for a guy just drafted in the end of the first round. It's like a bunch of Leaf fans in here dreaming about Morgan Rielly winning his Norris trophy by 2016

Pastrnak will be lucky to have a Caron like career

Bergeron went second round, so I struggle to see your point. The slight hype is based upon what Chiarelli has said

Let the kid attend camp and go from there. I doubt he'll make the cut but it'll be good to get him involved at an early stage

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
The big question for me is, if we keep him, can we send him to Providence if he slows down during the season.

If we can, then no big deal. If we can't because of an agreement with the Swedish League, then we really need to be careful about taking him.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Im pretty sure that's the first non-negative Bruins post you made on this board. :laugh:

Dude digs people that played in Swedish leagues, and do you blame him?

I'm pretty stoked on this. Hopefully this means he gets a 9 game tryout and otherwise goes to the AHL. I've wanted the AHL to be his destination more than anything. Partially because I go to school in RI and would get to see him :nod:

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
What do they owe exactly ?

Dan Cagen ‏@DanCagen
Bruins sign David Pastrnak to entry-level deal. Today was deadline of sorts -- would've owed Swedish federation more if signed later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad