Case for Pastrnak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
The Bruins are one of the best team in the NHL. Everybody knows it. Top-3 with Chicago and LA. The two others are in the West.

This team has one hell of a top-4 in Bergeron-Krejci-Lucic-Marchand. All under 30. All veteran contributors. Add Smith and Loui and that rounds out a top-6 nicely.

The middle and experience is safe on the bottom 6 with Yeti-Campbell-Kelly-Paille.

Two spots are in play as of now if no change in these 10 players. Plus 13th forward.

The Cap space is like we can say, more that ultimately tight.

Pastrnak seems to be turning heads in camp, is raved by management, has the skill to be a game breaker, would cost only max ELC and he would gain much important experience to help that top-4 noted above, all under 30, to become the biggest Bruins dynastie of all time.

Enjoy the show Bruins fans!

And remember that Chara-Hamilton-Krug-Boychuk-Seidenberg-McQuaid-Miller-Rask and Julien are all behind. This team is already a top championship caliber team. If you ever add a top young contributing ELC top-6 to your lineup, you are that much better.

Bruins Cap situation is pulling for that. I think that RW spot with Lucic-Krejci is on the line next camp and up to grab for any rookies. If nobody steps up, it will fall to Loui. But the Bruins would be a much better team if a rookie seize his opportunity and Louis stays with Yeti.

Lucic-Krejci-Rookie
Marchand-Bergy-Smith
Kelly/x-Yeti-Loui
Paille-Campbell-Rookie/cheap steal UFA
13th

Hopefully, Pastrnak or any futur Bruins draftee will turn into the next Bergeron. Or Krejci. Lucic. Marchand. Hamilton. We have been spoiled. If you can add a top contributing young player to this young base, the rich would get richer. And from the sound from camp and every writing, he may turn into that.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
The Bruins are one of the best team in the NHL. Everybody knows it. Top-3 with Chicago and LA. The two others are in the West.

This team has one hell of a top-4 in Bergeron-Krejci-Lucic-Marchand. All under 30. All veteran contributors. Add Smith and Loui and that rounds out a top-6 nicely.

The middle and experience is safe on the bottom 6 with Yeti-Campbell-Kelly-Paille.

Two spots are in play as of now if no change in these 10 players. Plus 13th forward.

Pastrnak seems to be turning heads in camp, is raved by management, has the skill to be a game breaker, would cost only max ELC and he would gain much important experience to help that top-4 noted above, all under 30, to become the biggest Bruins dynastie of all time.

And remember that Chara-Hamilton-Krug-Boychuk-Seidenberg-McQuaid-Miller-Rask and Julien are all behind. This team is already a top championship caliber team. If you ever add a top young contributing ELC top-6 to your lineup, you are that much better.

Bruins Cap situation is pulling for that. I think that RW spot with Lucic-Krejci is on the line next camp and up to grab for any rookies. If nobody steps up, it will fall to Loui. But the Bruins would be a much better team if a rookie seize his opportunity and Louis stays with Yeti.

Lucic-Krejci-Rookie
Marchand-Bergy-Smith
Kelly/x-Yeti-Loui
13th

Hopefully, Pastrnak or any futur Bruins draftee will turn into the next Bergeron. Or Krejci. Lucic. Marchand. Hamilton. We have been spoiled. From the sound of it, he may be the next...

Hopefully Pastrnak will live up to all expectations and seems to be showing a lot in camp. Which is good, I think he has a bright future ahead of him. Not so sure about having him in our top 6, I believe the kid only weighs about 160 pounds. IMO he'd have to pack on some LBs before hitting the ice with the big team. But who knows.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Hopefully Pastrnak will live up to all expectations and seems to be showing a lot in camp. Which is good, I think he has a bright future ahead of him. Not so sure about having him in our top 6, I believe the kid only weighs about 160 pounds. IMO he'd have to pack on some LBs before hitting the ice with the big team. But who knows.

You know that with Claude, you have to be able to play 3 zones. But with the Cap situation, and with the top-10 forwards on this team, the top D and G in the NHL, you have the ability to bring your most believed skilled F to the top line with known studs like Lucic and Krejci. Win-Win mode.

That player cost you nothing this year (and with our Cap situation it's the best scenario) and development wise it's also more than good acquiring much needed experience and pains at a young age to help an already young core.

I'm talking Pastrnak cause he's the buzz of the week. But it could really be any of those prospects/Providence guys. IMO, that 1st line RW is up to grab.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
You know that with Claude, you have to be able to play 3 zones. But with the Cap situation, and with the top-10 forwards on this team, the top D and G in the NHL, you have the ability to bring your most believed skilled F to the top line with known studs like Lucic and Krejci. Win-Win mode.

That player cost you nothing this year (and with our Cap situation it's the best scenario) and development wise it's also more than good acquiring much needed experience and pains at a young age to help an already young core.

I'm talking Pastrnak cause he's the buzz of the week. But it could really be any of those prospects/Providence guys. IMO, that 1st line RW is up to grab.

I'd love if Pastrnak was the top line RW. He seems to be exactly what we need. But I'd say Eriksson will be starting the year as it. Maybe Pastrnak will be like a Tuevo Teravainen coming in. Eh, is it October yet?

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Lucic-Krejci-Rookie
Marchand-Bergy-Smith
Kelly/x-Yeti-Loui
13th

Hopefully, Pastrnak or any futur Bruins draftee will turn into the next Bergeron. Or Krejci. Lucic. Marchand. Hamilton. We have been spoiled. If you can add a top contributing young player to this young base, the rich would get richer. And from the sound from camp and every writing, he may turn into that.
It would have to be Partrnak or any other prospect under contract, because if we have to wait for a "future(sic) Bruins draftee" to contribute, our core will be a year or more older.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
You know it's development camp week when rookies are penciled in as first liners.

As I'm sure everyone knows it's unlikley Pastrnak would make the team and if he did it wouldn't really help with the salary cap problem, the roster spot will go to a more experienced and proven player from Providence for short money.

The bottom line remains that Chiarelli needs to shed salary and probably from the d.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I think it's going to come down what's best for him.

There's no question in my mind that he's skilled enough. He is the most skilled player we've seen since Seguin/Kessel, but those guys didn't exactly tear it up as rookies. There's an "untamed colt" element to Pastrnak's game that needs to be refined. If the case is that we could use an ELC salary in the cap mix, then they could just play Spooner in the top9. I'd also be concerned about Pastrnak's lack of size combined with his willingness to go to the dirty areas where he's going to get punished.

If I were running the show, he'd have to look like an impact player against the big boys in September for me to keep him.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
I think it's going to come down what's best for him.

There's no question in my mind that he's skilled enough. He is the most skilled player we've seen since Seguin/Kessel, but those guys didn't exactly tear it up as rookies. If the case is that we could use an ELC salary in the cap mix, then they could just play Spooner in the top9. I'd also be concerned about Pastrnak's lack of size combined with his willingness to go to the dirty areas where he's going to get punished.

If I were running the show, he'd have to look like an impact player against the big boys in September for me to keep him.

Bill totally agree. No need to separate shoulders and get crunched by men. He isn't physically mature enough yet to play top 9 nhl minutes.

I hope cap crunch won't force PCs hand and try to get him in the lineup. The fact that he is euro however makes him an easy stash at in the Ahl and see what happens.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Loving all the Pastrnak buzz, by all accounts he seems to be the real deal but putting him in the line up this year scares me. The guy clearly comes in as a light weight and in spite of his skill set, those who have come before him have had little success. I love his up side and all but he has to fill in a little first. I hate for him to come in this year and have the course of his career changed for ever.

NYBruins52

May 18, 2014
He is probably not ready to be an NHL player yet however being that he is a right shot might give him an advantage over another player with regards to 3rd line duty.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
From the sound of things if this kid had been drafted by a bottom 5 team then he'd have a real shot at playing in the NHL this year on talent alone, but I can't imagine Claude letting this kid into the lineup permanently unless he somehow blows everyone away in camp in ALL facets of the game. I don't think offensive skill will be enough to earn a spot on a Claude team.

Now some might argue that Seguin won a spot as an 18 year old when he probably didn't even deserve it, but I think the situation was different there. Seguin's only other option was to go back to the OHL and he likely wouldn't have gained anything from that so they kept him in Boston. Pastrnak I'm guessing can go back to Sweden and play against men if he doesn't make the team here so there's less pressure to keep him around.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Are people really considering he gets games with the B's this year? Although I'd love it to happen, hasn't he already said he wants to go back to Sweden and play another season?

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
There is no case for him to be here this season. He needs time to physically mature and his defensive game is in need to structuring --that will not go over well with Julien. We are not a weaker team like we were when Kessel broke in either.

Playing lots of minutes back in Europe against men and then coming over to NA to star for the Czechs during the WJCs is a perfect season for him.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
As much as I am enjoying reading about the kid from D-Camp, I`ll temper my optimism about him being on the opening day roster until I`m reading the same comments about him as he goes up against the Chara`s/Seidenberg`s and is playing alongside grown men

Either way, sure nice to hear the kid is turning heads, so many saying the B`s are in the "win now" mode and I`m not so sure this team isn`t or hasn`t set itself up for being contenders for years to come, no need to rush the kid

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Are people really considering he gets games with the B's this year? Although I'd love it to happen, hasn't he already said he wants to go back to Sweden and play another season?

Pretty sure if he earned a roster spot he wouldn`t say no;)

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
He should go to Sweden again for a year. If any rookie makes the top 9 it should be one who's more experienced like Spooner or Koko. If people are still worried they can't play wing then they can center line 3 with Kelly taking d zone face offs.

Soderberg - Spooner/Koko - Kelly

Just for the record, I much prefer a veteran. Just an idea

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

He will be overseas this year...no ? Will he make the Providence B's ? I was under the impression he wouldn't be over in the USA this season.

I am really looking forward to seeing this kid today. Sounds like a exciting young player. From the clips I have seen he has great hands. Also seems like he has a BIG personality :)

Who is going today ?

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Not that I think he should make the team, but for those arguing his size is a concern and may get hurt playing against men.. He has been playing for modo against men, correct? Less skilled, but similar in size.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Someone really, really needs to explain to me how Pastrnak making it in September is going to solve the cap crunch.

As a first round pick his ELC (with bonuses) will likely exceed those of Spooner, Koko, Florek, Ferlin, and on and on.

His contract will be more in line with Subban's than the above mentioned. ( $1.4 mill vs about 850k ).

If he makes the club, it will be based on what he does in Sept against men and not in July against (yes I'll say it) inferior competition. But it has nothing to do with the cap as everyone before him will make less than him anyway with the exception of Subban.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I'm getting Samsonovian vibes from some of these reports. :amazed:

Bruinfan5470

Feb 3, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
David Pastrnak, the 25th overall pick in the 2014 NHL entry draft, impressed Bruins insider Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com at the team's recent development camp.
"After watching B’s first-rounder David Pastrnak for two days, he looks like the real deal to me," Haggerty wrote. "His soft hands and crazy handle on the puck stand out from the rest of the group and he has the vision to put both of those skills to good use. At the end of the second session, Pastrnak cut through the middle in traffic to get to the net with the puck on his stick, and completely lost his defender with a toe drag move that was just downright filthy. Those are the kinds of puck skills and razzle dazzle that have made him the unmitigated star of the first two days of camp, and get you wondering whether he might just find himself in the mix for an NHL spot given the team’s need for a right-handed shot with high-end offensive ability. It’s an outside shot, to be sure, but he’s looked that good at development, and appears to be a hit for the B’s at the end of the first round."
Source: CSN New England
Jul 12 - 9:15 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad