Case for Pastrnak

Status
Not open for further replies.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Man, this is pretty exciting. Haggs said this was the most talent he's seen in development camp since Seguin...Best Bruins news of the summer so far.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Man, this is pretty exciting. Haggs said this was the most talent he's seen in development camp since Seguin...

You mean that he bothered to watch after he showed up over 40 minutes late both Yesterday and today?

For outstanding and far more balanced reporting on all of the prospects check out Amalie Benjamin, DJ Bean, Mick, Dan Cagen and Steve Conroy.

Hoss focuses in on the big names only.

One name that isn't getting nearly enough attention for his great improvement is Matt Benning.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If I were Pastrnak, once this dev camp ends I would go full Rocky IV mode and train like an animal until the Bruins camp in the fall.

I hope he does! If he's at 170-173 like Chia said, he can def gain a few before camp, get his skates, and get ready to challenge for a spot. I hope he does it!

77bestever*

The Bruins are one of the best team in the NHL. Everybody knows it. Top-3 with Chicago and LA. The two others are in the West.

This team has one hell of a top-4 in Bergeron-Krejci-Lucic-Marchand. All under 30. All veteran contributors. Add Smith and Loui and that rounds out a top-6 nicely.

The middle and experience is safe on the bottom 6 with Yeti-Campbell-Kelly-Paille.

Two spots are in play as of now if no change in these 10 players. Plus 13th forward.

The Cap space is like we can say, more that ultimately tight.

Pastrnak seems to be turning heads in camp, is raved by management, has the skill to be a game breaker, would cost only max ELC and he would gain much important experience to help that top-4 noted above, all under 30, to become the biggest Bruins dynastie of all time.

Enjoy the show Bruins fans!

And remember that Chara-Hamilton-Krug-Boychuk-Seidenberg-McQuaid-Miller-Rask and Julien are all behind. This team is already a top championship caliber team. If you ever add a top young contributing ELC top-6 to your lineup, you are that much better.

Bruins Cap situation is pulling for that. I think that RW spot with Lucic-Krejci is on the line next camp and up to grab for any rookies. If nobody steps up, it will fall to Loui. But the Bruins would be a much better team if a rookie seize his opportunity and Louis stays with Yeti.

Lucic-Krejci-Rookie
Marchand-Bergy-Smith
Kelly/x-Yeti-Loui
Paille-Campbell-Rookie/cheap steal UFA
13th

Hopefully, Pastrnak or any futur Bruins draftee will turn into the next Bergeron. Or Krejci. Lucic. Marchand. Hamilton. We have been spoiled. If you can add a top contributing young player to this young base, the rich would get richer. And from the sound from camp and every writing, he may turn into that.

Wow, There is a minute of my life I will never get back....

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I really doubt he cracks the lineup right out of the gate but I'm pretty excited for this kid. Thought he was a steal on draft day and he seems to be proving it right. I think we've got something special with this one.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I hope he does! If he's at 170-173 like Chia said, he can def gain a few before camp, get his skates, and get ready to challenge for a spot. I hope he does it!

My concern is that if he did this we would see the same issues both Bochenski and Wheeler ran into when they packed on the weight in such a short period of time.

I want to see him in camp with established pros to see if he can handle himself when they are going after him especially when he tries to be too cute before I'm 100% sold on him playing here. That would be awesome if he did tho!

I'm excited for him but I think one more year in Sweden is going to be the best thing for him.

Wonder if they had Krejci talk to him and if not, I think if he did, he might calm down a little. He's so excited that he looks like a kid who has ADHD but isn't on medication.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Man, this is pretty exciting. Haggs said this was the most talent he's seen in development camp since Seguin...Best Bruins news of the summer so far.

surprised haggs noticed anything with sonic and mcdonalds right next door.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

He was standing near Jamie Erdhal when he tweeted this

oreillyisgod

Unregistered User
Jun 5, 2010
Massachusetts

on a related note- I was there on Friday and before things started a young media lady came in with a cameraman, at first I thought it might be Jess Moran but then realized it wasnt. Anyone know who it was?

Sam the Lion

**** the Habs
Aug 7, 2005
Texas USA
Going only by what I read . . . and a video or several.
I like the general 'dazzlyness' factor being associated with a very young, slim pasty Pastrnak that willingly takes hits/abuse to make plays, and displays enthusiastic, houndish puck possession/pusuit/retrieval skills under physical pressure in corners and in the traffic areas, just because he loves the puck.

Love that. If he earns a spot, good for him.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
He did play against men last year did he not? Skill, sense, and IQ will translate at any size. Still highly unlikely, but I'm rooting for him to make it. Would be a nice story. Would also indicate the Bruins have a blue chip front line talent on their hands. Don't see too many 18 year olds playing in the NHL that don't turn into something special down the road.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
My concern is that if he did this we would see the same issues both Bochenski and Wheeler ran into when they packed on the weight in such a short period of time.

I want to see him in camp with established pros to see if he can handle himself when they are going after him especially when he tries to be too cute before I'm 100% sold on him playing here. That would be awesome if he did tho!

I'm excited for him but I think one more year in Sweden is going to be the best thing for him.

Wonder if they had Krejci talk to him and if not, I think if he did, he might calm down a little. He's so excited that he looks like a kid who has ADHD but isn't on medication.

Spooner is around the same weight atm, and he's ready for a NHL spot. I don't think DP has to go crazy. But maybe gaining 5-10 pounds before sept wouldn't be so bad. He'd still be able to be agile. He's so hyper, that I hope the brass would tell him not to go crazy. I could totally see him going into beast mode to make them happy. He seems really determined to make the team happy and I love that.

But IA, let's see how he does in training camp before we start speculating about this and that. What I do know is that he has been really impressive and looks like a steal. He's one to watch come sept, and I'd be lying if I said I'm not excited about the possibility of him making the team. :D

His play and personality is infectous. I hope they film him meeting DK for the first time. :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Spooner is around the same weight atm, and he's ready for a NHL spot. I don't think DP has to go crazy. But maybe gaining 5-10 pounds before sept wouldn't be so bad. He'd still be able to be agile. He's so hyper, that I hope the brass would tell him not to go crazy. I could totally see him going into beast mode to make them happy. He seems really determined to make the team happy and I love that.

But IA, let's see how he does in training camp before we start speculating about this and that. What I do know is that he has been really impressive and looks like a steal. He's one to watch come sept, and I'd be lying if I said I'm not excited about the possibility of him making the team. :D

His play and personality is infectous. I hope they film him meeting DK for the first time. :laugh:

I agree with all of this except for Spooner being ready for an NHL spot but that's not on topic and we will leave it at we agree to disagree.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
For outstanding and far more balanced reporting on all of the prospects check out Amalie Benjamin, DJ Bean, Mick, Dan Cagen and Steve Conroy.

One name that isn't getting nearly enough attention for his great improvement is Matt Benning.[/QUOTE]

BIG man goes for the BIG names.

:amazed::eek::laugh:

:P:hyper:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
To be clear, since some people will likely think I hate the kid for being critical of him, I like Pastrnak a lot (ask DKH).

I would be super pumped if he made the team but like every prospect he has a few things to work on that will only make him better.

This kid is special. Electric and infectios personality and passion for the game.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
If, at the end of the day, the only concern about putting him on the roster is his size and strength, I would think putting him on the right side on Lucic's line should rectify that concern. Not likely too many that would take liberties with him with Lucic on the ice. I say if he has the skill and speed to produce, put him out there. Looks like we will be seeing for 9 games at least the way Chia is talking right now.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You mean that he bothered to watch after he showed up over 40 minutes late both Yesterday and today?

One name that isn't getting nearly enough attention for his great improvement is Matt Benning.

Hey, easy on Haggs, I`m sure he was pursuing inside info to pass along here by digging deep behind the scenes for 40mins:sarcasm:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
To be clear, since some people will likely think I hate the kid for being critical of him, I like Pastrnak a lot (ask DKH).

I would be super pumped if he made the team but like every prospect he has a few things to work on that will only make him better.

This kid is special. Electric and infectios personality and passion for the game.

loving the comments about the kid but I`m thinking back to comments a GM made about his approach to making trades/signing players and prospects, he said, "when you have time, use it"....Lou Lamorillo who isn`t one who hasn`t made his share of mistakes but I agree with on this point

For selfish reasons, love to see Pasty play if only to see him in action, but I`m not so sure the B`s are anywhere near a state of desperation that they need to push a kid through before he`s ready.

I`m thinking he`ll open a few eyes at the big boy camp but it will become evident that he`ll need a bit more time to gain strength

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Hopefully he at least gets some preseason games. Would LOVE to see him play in a Bruins sweater (And also it'd would have his number on it, making it so much easier to order a Pastrnak jersey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad