Confirmed with Link: Carolina sign Ryan Dzingel - 3.375 x 2

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Reimer has been a quality 1B guy for 10 years in a row basically.

Hes never had a save percentage in a season below .900

His career average is .914

You know what you're getting with this guy.
Pretty much. I don't think Reim is worse goalie than McBackup. He's capable of playing 35-40 games. Good insurance if Mrazek sucks.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
NN-Aho-TT.. Aho with Teuvo just works and Nino does well with them.
Dzingel-Haula/Staal-Svech... Dzingel is a speedy, skilled player who can finish... Both Haula or Staal can center a second line... Here the coach simply have to checkbthe chemistry... Dzingel is a natural left wing, Svech is now a top six.natural right... Well we know his skill and talent.
Foegele-Staal/Haula-Williams
Necas-Wallmark-Martinook....
Some posters who watched Dzingel in Ottawa (and maybe Columbus) have stated on the main board that Dzingel is below average defensively. If that is the case, I would be hesitant to put him on the wing opposite Svechnikov. Svech got better as the year progressed, but he still is growing in the defensive end.

NN/Aho/Svech
Dzingel/Staal/Teravainen

I think this has four advantages:
  1. Less defensive responsibility for Svech;
  2. Dzingel is with two excellent defenders;
  3. TT passing to Dzingel—as Vorbis mentions above RDZ is strong at finishing off passes. Passing is TT's biggest strength;
  4. NN was at his most productive with a healthy Aho.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Some posters who watched Dzingel in Ottawa (and maybe Columbus) have stated on the main board that Dzingel is below average defensively. If that is the case, I would be hesitant to put him on the wing opposite Svechnikov. Svech got better as the year progressed, but he still is growing in the defensive end.

NN/Aho/Svech
Dzingel/Staal/Teravainen

3. TT passing to Dzingel—as Vorbis mentions above RDZ is strong at finishing off passes. Passing is TT's biggest strength;
vincemcmahonmildlyexcited.gif

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

NN/Aho/Svech
Dzingel/Staal/Teravainen

I get that Dzingel would be with two excellent defenders, but not sure it makes sense to put a defensive liability (as has been stated) with a shutdown center.

Of course lines won’t ever stay the same in a season and a lot depends on Williams as well.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Assuming Williams is back:

NN - Aho - Williams
Svech - Staal - TT
Dzingle - Haula - Necas
Foegele - Walmark - Marty

Assuming Williams is NOT back:

NN - Aho - Svech
Foegele - Staal - TT
Dzingle - Haula - Necas
McGinn - Walmark - Marty
Do you want to fail to score on every TT pass...because that's how you fail to score on every TT pass...

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
I have zero confidence watching Necas in the AHL this year that he's going to bring the effort required to earn a spot on this team over guys like Saku or McGinn.

I know they're gonna bring it.

I like the fact though that guys like Bean, Fleury and Necas are being required to work hard for roster spots.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Do you want to fail to score on every TT pass...because that's how you fail to score on every TT pass...
Agreed. Can we please start slotting Staal where he belongs? As in the 3C along side some havoc types like McGinn and Foegele or slot a rookie that needs some defensive support like Necas on his wing.
These lineups with 'ol stone hands centering ANYONE with proven offensive talent make me cringe.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Pretty much. I don't think Reim is worse goalie than McBackup. He's capable of playing 35-40 games. Good insurance if Mrazek sucks.

I hope he is able to come in and play a similar role. I've been going back and watching condensed games from the season and I dont feel like it can be overstated what a huge factor mcelhinney was

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Svech - Aho - TT
Nino - Staal - Foegele
Dzingle - Haula - Necas
Martinook - Wallmark - McGinn

Top scoring line
Heavy 2nd line
Warp speed 3rd
Solid 4th

(Assuming Williams doesn’t come back)

Reactions: jaloviina
May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
I like this better
Svech - Aho - TT
NN - Haula - Dzingel
Foegele - Staal - Necas
McGinn - Wallmark - Martinook

this way top 2 lines have shooters on the wings with guys who can effectively distribute the puck playing center.
You could swap TT and Dzingel if you want. Also if williams comes back and they move on from McGinn push foegele down to fourth line. Add williams to the third line. Done

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Staal is a legit 2C. Except for the lockout shortened season or in seasons that were shortened by significant injury, 'ol stone hands' has scored > 15 goals every year except for 07/08. He averages 20G - 47P / 82 games through his NHL career. And this is while ALWAYS facing the toughest competition, getting less ozone starts, and going up against the other team's toughest lines in a shutdown role.

I don't get why people want Haula ( who is only 2 years younger than Staal and has hit > 15 goals once in his entire career - and that was a fluke year1 in Vegas) or Wallmark ahead of him?

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Assuming Williams is back:

NN - Aho - Williams
Svech - Staal - TT
Dzingle - Haula - Necas
Foegele - Walmark - Marty

I would probably switch Nino and Svech here, but otherwise this is exactly what I was thinking. I really like TT with Staal, moreso than with Aho. Seems like the big man clears space for TT and lets him take charge of playmaking instead of deferring to Aho commonly.

I don't know if Rod would like that 3rd line defensively, but that's a ton of speed to match up against 3rd pairings and could wreak havoc. Watching Dzingle highlights, I love how he always seems ready for the puck in the offensive zone. So many nice passes by TT, Svech, Hamilton etc last season seemed to almost surprise the recipient and ended up as a whiff/miss/second delay before chest protector. Having someone who's always looking to receive that pass and make a quick move before roofing it makes the offense much more potent.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Is there any chance at all Luostarinen/Geekie/Gauthier/Mattheos win the roster spot over Necas>

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I don't get why people want Haula ( who is only 2 years younger than Staal and has hit > 15 goals once in his entire career - and that was a fluke year1 in Vegas) or Wallmark ahead of him?
Haula is definitely benefitting from acquisition bias. I will mention again that he has averaged 18 assists per season—which is what Wallmark had as a rookie.

I really like TT with Staal, moreso than with Aho. Seems like the big man clears space for TT and lets him take charge of playmaking instead of deferring to Aho commonly.
Agree that TT needs to be the playmaker on a second line. As much as Svech/Aho/TT is a terrific scoring line, TT's passing/playmaking ability is needed to get goals out of whomever the other winger is going to be.

Is there any chance at all Luostarinen/Geekie/Gauthier/Mattheos win the roster spot over Necas>
Always a chance, though likely one will be an injury call-up. Hopefully that one makes it difficult to send them back down.

My guess is the preseason is used to solidify the line combinations and get Haula and Dzingel acclimated to their roles and the team's playing style. I think Necas is the default option for the third RW—especially if Williams is elsewhere and there is no right-shot in the forward group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad