Confirmed with Link: Carolina sign Ryan Dzingel - 3.375 x 2

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
I know we haven't really won anything yet under DW or Tulsky, etc., but I think we may have one of the best front offices in the league. I like everything these guys are doing, especially the draft maneuvers this year and signing very good UFA's to reasonable deals. They seem to REALLY have a plan and are executing it to perfection.

Hopefully we are in good hands for years to come.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
If Mrazek and the 3 headed hydra of Reimer/Ned/Forsberg hold up in goal, that might be a real possibility.
I love what we’ve done with the forward group, and I think our defense is going to continue to be a strength; however, I’m worried about the goaltending. I would hav liked to bring back McE to continue the tandem, or taken a shot at Lehner as the starter. Hopefully, Ned or Reimer can provide the quality backup/1b role for Mrazek or Mrazek can step up to full starter status.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Saw this line suggested somewhere:

Dzingel-Aho-Svechnikov

Think that’d work for me...

Then maybe role:

TT-Staal-Williams

NN-Haula-Necas

Foegele-Wallmark-Martinook

(I’m assuming they cut bait with McGinn...)

The 3rd line from last year’s ECF team becomes the 4th. So many possibilities...

Reactions: Unsustainable

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
So, the improvements made to this team didn't happen in a vacuum. Along with the draft picks of the Rangers and Devils, what other improvements have the rest of the teams in the Metro made, and how do our modest improvements stack up against those? I mean we were a wildcard team last year, and it was dicey right up to the end. We could have easily missed. Don't want to rain on the parade or anything, but the Metro is a tough place.

It is tough although as mentioned above I think it’s more consistently tough, less about the top end of the division being elite.

OTOH we will no longer have a brief Darling experiment early in the season. 6 points in 8 games can be improved on without

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
My how quickly things, at least on paper, have changed in a year. Just over a year ago, Skinner, Lindholm, and Ryan we’re gone, Rask was out due to his hand injury, and Aho was unproven at center. Canes were viewed as having the worst center depth and bottom five total forward depth/talent in the NHL by most.

I wouldn’t put our forward group near the top of the NHL, but it certainly isn’t anywhere near the bottom either.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
My how quickly things, at least on paper, have changed in a year. Just over a year ago, Skinner, Lindholm, and Ryan we’re gone, Rask was out due to his hand injury, and Aho was unproven at center. Canes were viewed as having the worst center depth and bottom five total forward depth/talent in the NHL by most.

I wouldn’t put our forward group near the top of the NHL, but it certainly isn’t anywhere near the bottom either.

36e.gif

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Thing is, with the defense that we have, we don't need a top of the league offense to compete. But right now I'd say we're at least above average, and that's probably good enough to compete, assuming our goaltending situation doesn't plummet.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
I just went through NHL.com's game logs and watched all of Dzingel's 27 goals this past season (26 regular season, one in playoffs) and here's what I learned

19 of the 27 goals were scored with elevated shots
6/27 goals were the first goal of the game for either team, 8 goals were the first goal for his team
5 game winning goals, 2 in overtime

his ability to elevate the puck with pace, even on passes with bouncing or rolling pucks, is very very good
very comfortable on the doorstep on the PP (not quite net front, and not quite Lindholm's spot behind the goal line)
consistently beat goaltenders glove side
good one timer and good snap shot
he doesn't have the wrist shot octane of Niederreiter, but going over the pads in close is money in the bank
very comfortable setting up either backhand or high blocker side on breakaways (even with aggressive backchecking and slashing by defenders)

ClarkBolzano

Oct 12, 2018
Saw this line suggested somewhere:

Dzingel-Aho-Svechnikov

Think that’d work for me...

Then maybe role:

TT-Staal-Williams

NN-Haula-Necas

Foegele-Wallmark-Martinook

(I’m assuming they cut bait with McGinn...)

The 3rd line from last year’s ECF team becomes the 4th. So many possibilities...
I would go at training camp wirh:
NN-Aho-TT.. Aho with Teuvo just works and Nino does well with them.
Dzingel-Haula/Staal-Svech... Dzingel is a speedy, skilled player who can finish... Both Haula or Staal can center a second line... Here the coach simply have to checkbthe chemistry... Dzingel is a natural left wing, Svech is now a top six.natural right... Well we know his skill and talent.
Foegele-Staal/Haula-Williams
Necas-Wallmark-Martinook....
If Williams remains
If Necas works
What about Brock?

Reactions: Unsustainable

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
I love what we’ve done with the forward group, and I think our defense is going to continue to be a strength; however, I’m worried about the goaltending. I would hav liked to bring back McE to continue the tandem, or taken a shot at Lehner as the starter. Hopefully, Ned or Reimer can provide the quality backup/1b role for Mrazek or Mrazek can step up to full starter status.

Reimer has been a quality 1B guy for 10 years in a row basically.

Hes never had a save percentage in a season below .900

His career average is .914

You know what you're getting with this guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad