Confirmed with Link: Carolina sign Ryan Dzingel - 3.375 x 2

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Dzingel with 15% career shot percentage, Haula with 12,5%.

For a single year, to get a 15%+ shot you have to be an elite scorer or having a hot season.

Haula with 12,5% shot is also very high, especially considering that most of his shots are from high speed!

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Just saw this video loaded today:

It’s noteworthy how many goals Dzingel scores on wristers or snappers from distance, as well as the number of goals on the PP.

Also he’s not too bad around the net as well.

I also noticed him finding open ice in the slot quite a lot too, and just how easily he seems to get separation on the rush. Dude is fast and sneaky, and that shot is something.

Me likey.

Reactions: DaveG

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
So you’re saying they might score some goals?
Maybe But now they are playing with the Hurricanes if It was Bill Peters Hurricanes We'd know better... (Where Shooters went to Die) With the new Rod Brind'Amour 'Canes we don't know so maybe..

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
What I notice with Dzingel and Haula are the following...

- Ability to find open ice/create space and separate from their man
- Like to start plays, get teammates involved and then get open and finish them. Seem to have high IQ and awareness
- North - South Hockey. They get the puck and move it out of the D zone or attack the O zone
- Puck control. It's not a lot of dekes, but they move the puck with purpose and it's not a lot of crashing the crease and mad scrambles
- Quick release and accuracy. The puck isn't on their stick long. They don't shoot wristers like Semin or slap shots like Weber but they can shoot from anywhere and they hit their spots

Excited to see them mesh with other high IQ players like Aho, TT, Nino. Have to think the PP improves with these guys around.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
What I notice with Dzingel and Haula are the following...

- Ability to find open ice/create space and separate from their man
- Like to start plays, get teammates involved and then get open and finish them. Seem to have high IQ and awareness
- North - South Hockey. They get the puck and move it out of the D zone or attack the O zone
- Puck control. It's not a lot of dekes, but they move the puck with purpose and it's not a lot of crashing the crease and mad scrambles
- Quick release and accuracy. The puck isn't on their stick long. They don't shoot wristers like Semin or slap shots like Weber but they can shoot from anywhere and they hit their spots

Excited to see them mesh with other high IQ players like Aho, TT, Nino. Have to think the PP improves with these guys around.
At times I think cardboard cutout and Pylon would improve our PP. At least they can both handle a pass :P

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
(also I'd always heard that quote was Jackie Mason, not Jackie Gleason, but it may be a different quote)
I mean the whole legend is pretty much apocryphal, so mix and match to your heart's content imo. or subscribe to Gilbert Gottfried's podcast for all the stories about Milton Berle's schlong, Cesar Romero's peculiar greetings, and Burgess Meredith's philandering you could possibly want, and more.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I mean the whole legend is pretty much apocryphal, so mix and match to your heart's content imo. or subscribe to Gilbert Gottfried's podcast for all the stories about Milton Berle's schlong, Cesar Romero's peculiar greetings, and Burgess Meredith's philandering you could possibly want, and more.
There's no shortage of stories about Uncle Milty's Member -- enough to surmise that it ain't entirely apocryphal.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Excited to see what that looks like with Slavin/Pesce/Hamilton/Faulk/Bean starting the breakouts from the backend. Things could go very right on this front.
This is where I am right now.

I am expecting the additions of these two to have a cascading impact on the team in a positive way. Its not just how they play, its that their style fits so well into ours by adding the missing pieces to the point where I think it'll end up seeing a lot of little things finally fitting together to have a big net gain. Our counter-attack this year is going to be deadly. If an opponent dares to pinch in a defender against us, we're going to have an odd-man break on the counter, and you're not going to have the speed to get back and cover. Teams are going to have to cheat defenders high to prevent that, which should be a big help to us defensively, where we already have an advantage, which should make the life of Mrazek that much easier.

And, if these guys can actually make our PP respectable, teams won't be able to take as many liberties with us physically this year, because we could actually make them pay. This killed us in the Boston series, where I still believe we were the better team 5v5 until the series was very much out of hand. If we could have made them pay on the PP for the cheap stuff they were doing, its a very different series. We probably at least take Game 1, and we certainly don't allow ourselves to get as frustrated as we did with retaliatory bullshit.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Nice job. SHould be guaranteed 20 goals, 40 pts. With opportunity could get 30 goals if comfortable with his line mates.

He’s not a defensive liability but would help to have him with at least one defensively responsible linemate.

Very fast,quick,skilled.

Good luck guys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad