GDT: Carolina @ New York Islanders - Game 1

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
I blame Trotz just like I blamed Reirden.
Outcoached by Brindamor. Plain and simple. Canes playing against a less talented version of the Caps with the same strategies. And they were well rested. Canes in 5.
LMao.

•Hard work,
•move feet,
•make Lehner uncomfortable,

•playing for one another with poised to let nothing get out character with dope leadership
•coach believe in you
•Defense,simplify the game with your game plan get you far as team..

•solid goaltending
•mentally prepare
•resilience

I do remember Forslund saying during a Pit vs Carolina game that Brind’Amour was working on them to keep fight after a goal or something. To have resilient response to tied / win it and don’t waiver nothing..

Canes are just doing it... They have solid goaltending and great defense that move the puck out zone.. Something I like the pens to do instead of waiting to make passes...

Defense skating out with puck with great decisions and fowards / defense support each other..

No outrageous pinching from you guys..
They are mentally in it and very poised with letting no one bother them..

They just play and go about their business..

Small speedy hockey
Canes are learn that it gonna be tight games, and 1 goal games and some games your are not going score..

Islanders don’t really have scorers so Canes should make sure the don’t give those chances to them to score..

Canes don’t have that much high end scorers like Pittsburgh, But they do have great scores like Aho and Terrieren with some players that can chip here and there.
I would keep suggesting bodies to the net, tips, cycle offensive pressure,Defenseman shooting for tips and shooting anywhere .
Bearing down on chances and scoring as much as possible on a given powerplay..

Even if they don’t score keep that momentum on their side.

A game can change in a split second..

Take advantage of Tortz fourth checking line that really don’t score..

His bottom defenseman.. Top defensemen is ok However they are not out this world..

Sorry..for long post

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
LMao.

•Hard work,
•move feet,
•make Lehner uncomfortable,

•playing for one another with poised to let nothing get out character with dope leadership
•coach believe in you
•Defense,simplify the game with your game plan get you far as team..

•solid goaltending
•mentally prepare
•resilience

I do remember Forslund saying during a Pit vs Carolina game that Brind’Amour was working on them to keep fight after a goal or something. To have resilient response to tied / win it and don’t waiver nothing..

Canes are just doing it... They have solid goaltending and great defense that move the puck out zone.. Something I like the pens to do instead of waiting to make passes...

Defense skating out with puck with great decisions and fowards / defense support each other..

No outrageous pinching from you guys..
They are mentally in it and very poised with letting no one bother them..

They just play and go about their business..

Small speedy hockey
Canes are learn that it gonna be tight games, and 1 goal games and some games your are not going score..

Islanders don’t really have scorers so Canes should make sure the don’t give those chances to them to score..

Canes don’t have that much high end scorers like Pittsburgh, But they do have great scores like Aho and Terrieren with some players that can chip here and there.
I would keep suggesting bodies to the net, tips, cycle offensive pressure,Defenseman shooting for tips and shooting anywhere .
Bearing down on chances and scoring as much as possible on a given powerplay..

Even if they don’t score keep that momentum on their side.

A game can change in a split second..

Take advantage of Tortz fourth checking line that really don’t score..

His bottom defenseman.. Top defensemen is ok However they are not out this world..

Sorry..for long post

A post from a (hu)man who thinks that the 1-0 leading "took the home ice away" Canes could win the series? Listen to this man <3

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Did something happen between Teuvo and Komarov early in the game? I swear every time there was a stoppage with those two on the ice Komarov was going after Turbo.
Maybe Komarov knows his buttons and picks at him for pesting purposes.

He probs had an extensive notebook prepared for round 2 about Caps, but, you know.

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018
Guys ,

Goaltending kept the fight for Canes ..

That what you need in games.. That’s good.

Canes are tired team right now.. Two OT with that was double OT to comeback with incredible win..

Hope they get their legs..

I would give them a big hug because they won against a 10 day fresh team...
I see the love from you guys and don’t panic..

They do need make sure they stay away from going back and forth hockey with odd man rushes on the ice..
I give Overall B- tonight Mzraek with A -plus

Who’s rooting for Avs?

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
THIS TEAM did exactly what I said they would do -- take the Isles from a 6:5 favorite to a literal coin toss.

They ALSO got the coin toss their way, as is a good team's wont.

NOW do you believe me when I told you that the premiere math model on the internet said the Canes were the slight plurality favorites to win the cup?

Don't believe me yet, do you believe me now?
Hey man, can you give me a link to that math model predicting the Canes will win the cup? I didn't see it if you posted it before.

Reactions: Tryamw

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Guys ,

Canes are tired team right now.. Two OT with that was double OT to comeback with incredible win..

They do need make sure they stay away from going back and forth hockey with odd man rushes on the ice..

Who’s rooting for Avs?

The less tired team won tonight. They had their legs when they needed it.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Filppula heats it up and Barzal and Ahoy and Turbo get going and we have a fun period! -local man
"Sometimes it's hard to be a Finn
to give your love to just one Finn
stand by your Finn
..."
I'm not really good at this Dolly Parton stuff, am I?
(We never had a he/she distinction in pronouns. Maybe that's throwing us off kilter. It's weird reading English everywhere.)

I don't want to know how the game ended, too scared. Liking both teams but Canes even more.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Guys ,

Who’s rooting for Avs?

I've got the Jackets, Canes, Blues, and Avs on to the next round.

Weird to say I honestly think we match up better with the Bruins than we do the Jackets, but I think the Jackets win their series.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
upload_2019-4-26_20-24-49.jpeg

New Yorkers gonna New York. Reminds me of that miserable Jerseyan after the Devils lost to the Canes.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Weird to say I honestly think we match up better with the Bruins than we do the Jackets, but I think the Jackets win their series.

I’d agree with that. A Bruins series will just be another Capitals one. Try and contain their star players, withstand their physical play, and stick around long enough in games to pull off wins. I think the firepower the Jackets have and the system they run would be a much more difficult matchup for us.

But all that’s looking way too far ahead at the moment

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018

Lol. I don’t really like the Bruins or Jackets. Certain players from both teams
Pick Bruins in 5-6
STl vs Stars series? I have no pick yet because they both m have great goaltending Binngton is out of this world and Blues have some players that can chip in on goals..

I will say it can go either way. Blues probably get it in 6 . Idk.. I hope Stars can take the hump with more players chipping in besides Segs,Rads and Benn

I feel like Jackets will have complete meltdown and Bruins Leadership will prevail with Bruins getting it done..

It would be nice for Jackets to win to get take advantage from Canes..

Last edited:

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Wait what? Canes won? I didn't get that from my first reading!

Woooooohoooooooo!!!

(Yup I prefer Canes to Isles, now that it has come to that)

(I'm seeing only highlights at DTMTS and they don't tell you the score and I didn't watch it yet. So you can count on lava hot early wrong takes from me. Finland stronk!)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad