GDT: Carolina @ Montréal: To Protect and Serve the Alpha Quadrant

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
He got absolutely burned by Galchenyuk on the Prust goal.

No he didn't, Sanguinetti actually took the body on AG and prevented him from doing much with the puck. Jordan for some reason came over to Sanguinetti's side, losing two Habs players in the process...and one of them popped the loose puck into the net. Jordan ended up on the right post, while playing left defense and never having a "switch" with Sanguinetti.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Well, Cam now has 2 of the worst goals allowed this year....that last night was just an utter embarrassment. Thankfully, it was the third goal, so I didnt go completely insane. We werent scoring 2 anyway.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Well, Cam now has 2 of the worst goals allowed this year....that last night was just an utter embarrassment. Thankfully, it was the third goal, so I didnt go completely insane. We werent scoring 2 anyway.

Which was the first? I may be blocking it out of my memory.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Beardy*

Cam was brilliant the first two periods. Then WTF

There was a lot of wrong going on in that game last night. We deserved to lose 8-0, not 3-0. Cam stood on his head and gave us a chance in the third, and thats really all you can ask of him.

That said, the ice was terrible last night. If ever there was going to be a game where we had a bad hop from center ice go in, it was last night. For as much as Montreal likes to think they're a hockey mecca, that was the worst conditions this team has played under so far this year.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
there was a lot of wrong going on in that game last night. We deserved to lose 8-0, not 3-0. cam stood on his head and gave us a chance in the third, and thats really all you can ask of him.

That said, the ice was terrible last night. If ever there was going to be a game where we had a bad hop from center ice go in, it was last night. For as much as montreal likes to think they're a hockey mecca, that was the worst conditions this team has played under so far this year.

wat.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I didn't notice Sanguinetti being terrible tonight, yet the poor guy still managed to be a -2 in 15 minutes of ice time.

Sangs definitely had some WTF moments. That two-on-one with Plekanec and...Subban, I believe. Where he completely abandons Plekanec in front of the net to chase down Subban...leaving Ward to have to make a fantastic save when the puck "somehow" reaches Plekanec in front.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Sangs definitely had some WTF moments. That two-on-one with Plekanec and...Subban, I believe. Where he completely abandons Plekanec in front of the net to chase down Subban...leaving Ward to have to make a fantastic save when the puck "somehow" reaches Plekanec in front.

I still don't get the coach's obsession with him. His defense has been terrible and the offensive seems to die on his stick. Why was he playing almost twice as many minutes as Jordan last night? Jordan looks invisible out there, a good thing for a bottom pairing D-man, can't say the same about Sangs. I notice him making a bonehead play almost every shift.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I still don't get the coach's obsession with him. His defense has been terrible and the offensive seems to die on his stick. Why was he playing almost twice as many minutes as Jordan last night? Jordan looks invisible out there, a good thing for a bottom pairing D-man, can't say the same about Sangs. I notice him making a bonehead play almost every shift.

Jordan played about 8 minutes and had 2 complete WTF moments. That's not a good ratio. One where he fanned on a wrist shot and then fell down creating a potential breakaway and the other on the 1st goal where he overplayed Galchenyuk after he got a step on Sanguinetti.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

If it's the one I'm thinking of (maybe it's not), where LaRose (I think) got back also, it was as much (if not more) LaRose's fault as it was Sanguinetti's. Even Tripp or John mentioned LaRose should have stayed with him in front vs. going with Sanguinetti to the corner. I'll have to go back and watch it again once it's on GCL as maybe I'm thinking of a different one.

I don't like particularly like Sanguinetti, but he wasn't any worse than anyone else last night, particularly Ward. Those 2 goals were brutal, I don't care how many good saves he made before that, you can't let those in. The team was struggling to do anything as it was and those 2 weak goals killed any chance of even trying to salvage a point.

Beardy*

Lets put it this way... any game we have to put a pairing of Sang-AHLer on the ice, there's a very good chance that line will be on the ice for at least one goal.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Lets put it this way... any game we have to put a pairing of Sang-AHLer on the ice, there's a very good chance that line will be on the ice for at least one goal.

Probably true, but if Ward is giving up 2 like he did last night, it doesn't matter who the defensive pairing is.

Anyhow, every team has clunker games and this team just had one. Not a big deal unless they become more frequent.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Anytime Jordan, Sangs, Nash, Wallace, and Bowman get off the ice as a group without a -, it's a win. I really am disappointed with Bowmam this year so far.

Tough spot for those guys. Usually callups at least get integrated in with vets to "protect" them a bit. These guys are getting baptism by fire, which may help them in the long run, but there will be growing pains along the way.

Really, on that first goal, Sanguinetti played it positionally a little too far outside, but recovered and was able to get a body on Galchenyuk and neutralize him. I'm guessing in that split second, Jordan thought that Sanguinetti wasn't going to recover and came over to help. IF Sanguinetti had not recovered, that would have been the right call by Jordan as that would have been the prime scoring threat. Unfortunately, after that, it was a mad scramble which left Prust all alone.

I agree on Bowman. I'm waiting for the day when his "elite wrist shot" hits a spot other than the goalie's chest. I thought Nash looked decent in spurts last night. Hopefully he get's a longer look.

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Anytime Jordan, Sangs, Nash, Wallace, and Bowman get off the ice as a group without a -, it's a win. I really am disappointed with Bowmam this year so far.

Agreed. I saw a few sparks from Bowman last night, but there are moments he needs to capitalize on and he has not done so yet. I wish Dalpe would have stuck with the Canes. I mean yes he needs to work on his game, but I just feel like he deserves a spot. I'm a little muddled with my feelings on these AHL/NHL on the cusp type of guys.

Edit: Hopefully each AHLer on our team right now will have a better showing on Thursday

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad