GDT: Carolina @ Montréal: To Protect and Serve the Alpha Quadrant

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
Yeah for some reason I can't be mad about this loss, first game in a while the first line didn't show up and this is the offense we have to show for it. Games like this is where you need your powerplay to win.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
As a Habs fan I'm happy, naturally, but I recognize that 90% of this game was tight and totally even. Ward's usual dominance had a hiccup in the 3rd. Could've gone either way.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Playing like they have been tonight, it didn't matter if it was 1-0 or 8-0. Same result in the end. The Canes made no effort to get any sort of offense pressure, they took ridiculously poor shots, and they played to "not lose" from the puck drop.

I'm curious when you drop the act and start becoming funny again.

Even though Ward played great through two periods the second and third goals were terrible and deflating. The team checked out even more after those goals. If those goals didn't happen we might have seen a different team make a good push to score a goal. Cam deserves a part of the blame for the loss, but the team as a whole played terrible and had no business winning so you're right it's probably a moot point.

Beardy*

Games like this are bound to happen to a depleted team. If they come out with more jump on Thursday, all will be forgotten.

Pitkanen is iffy, Gleason is doubtful, and its starting to sound like Skinner had another concussion.

Don't expect the team to suddenly get healthy anytime soon.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
As a Habs fan I'm happy, naturally, but I recognize that 90% of this game was tight and totally even. Ward's usual dominance had a hiccup in the 3rd. Could've gone either way.

Except for the fact that the Hurricanes generated zero offensive pressure all night.

I appreciate the praise, but there's no need to sugar coat what the Canes did tonight.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Pitkanen is iffy, Gleason is doubtful, and its starting to sound like Skinner had another concussion.

Don't expect the team to suddenly get healthy anytime soon.

Everything I read this morning indicated a sore neck, and the concussion was just this board holding its collective breath.

Did something new come out?

Beardy*

Everything I read this morning indicated a sore neck, and the concussion was just this board holding its collective breath.

Did something new come out?

Reading between the lines... I mean, the whole dropped water bottle and then suddenly out 4 days later, and already questionable for Thursday...

Seems to me this is more serious than just a neck strain

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Additionally, both goals against Ward could have been avoided with one skate stride out of the crease. I have no idea why he stays so deep on those chances. The shot by Plekanec should have given him zero sight line of the goal from that angle. While the third goal was a horrible bounce, you've got to play those high hoppers with a little more form. He got lazy on that one.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
Was it Carolina playing boring or was it Montreal's style that made them boring? Either way, that one was painful to watch. Most boring game of the season by far.

I enjoyed watching Montreal. It's nice to see a team that values an occasional open ice hit. Something we rarely do. I also enjoy watching teams that commit to failing for a year so they can draft a player like Galchenyuk, again something we rarely do.

Beardy*

I couldn't bear to look at this team any more tonight, so I turned the tv off. Can anyone summarize what was said?

Basically said when you don't show up, third periods like that are bound to happen, and the bounces start going to the other team.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Reading between the lines... I mean, the whole dropped water bottle and then suddenly out 4 days later, and already questionable for Thursday...

Seems to me this is more serious than just a neck strain

Those are indicators of an injury. They aren't solely indicative of a concussion.

Though its all semantics, if Skinner is still out for longer than a couple weeks.

Next 4 games are Jets, Lightning, Islanders and Capitals. First 2 at home. All winnable games. Skinner isn't "needed" for those games so to speak. Skinner tonight wouldn't have singlehandedly won the game, so I hold out hope that this team can pull through, and win while Jeff gets to 100%.

We have to get our game going. Get a forecheck going with only 2 forwards. It'll be easier against the Jets at home, but that was horrible tonight.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
The summation: Couldn't find their legs. Didn't play their game. No offensive pressure.

What game was he watching?:shakehead

"Cam Ward sucks and it's all his fault. Dan Ellis is better and should be starting."

That's more like it. I bet Ellis would not only have gotten a shutout (or maybe even 2), but he also would have scored a hat trick.

Boats Ahoes

Apr 28, 2011
To be honest, there wasn't a single bright spot in this game. Nobody stood out to me in a positive way, except maybe Faulk before giving Plekanec 20 feet of space without even being in the shooting lane. JStaal and Harrison were probably the closest, but nothing special.

Beardy*

I enjoyed watching Montreal. It's nice to see a team that values an occasional open ice hit. Something we rarely do. I also enjoy watching teams that commit to failing for a year so they can draft a player like Galchenyuk, again something we rarely do.

Committing to failing is a pathetic mindset to have.

Makes me laugh every time I hear someone say how top notch the Pittsburgh management is for what they built. They didn't build anything. They sucked out loud for long enough they drafted Fleury, Crosby, and Malkin within 4 years, and have ridden those guys as long as they could have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad