GDT: Carolina Hurricanes @ Buffalo Sabres 7PM 11.14.2019

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Don’t disagree about Hutton but it doesn’t change the fact that a 4th liner with very little offensive skill should never see the ice in a 3 v 3 situation.
OT isn’t about your defense.

Probably would have helped if Reinhart was available.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
ERod was pointing to Dahlin to get the guy. Hence why he got caught flat footed and easily beat.

Hutton needs to make a save there.

1 point is better than none, but they NEED to pick up 2 wins at least in these next 3 (OTT, CHI, MIN).
1 point is garbage when you are playing at home and have already lost 5 in a row they can't f***ing lose that many in a row we have by far the longest losing streak atm.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Don’t disagree about Hutton but it doesn’t change the fact that a 4th liner with very little offensive skill should never see the ice in a 3 v 3 situation.
OT isn’t about your defense.

Please tell me who you would put out there the way they played tonight after selfish sam got the boot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I was out for a bit.Where was Reinhart in OT was he hurt? I saw Erod and couldn't believe it.His IQ isn't good enough to play 3 on 3.If Erod played over Reinhart and oloffson then that loss is on the coach that's lunacy

Reinhart ran his mouth after the Canes 4th goal which was him being in the box for an accidental and easily seen high stick and picked up a misconduct.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Our PK has single handedly cost us at least 4 points over the last 3 games. That's 5 PP goals against in 3 games. Also the refs the past 3 games can die in a fire for all I care.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Are people really putting that on ERod? Dahlin ****ed up that coverage royally. Went to the left side of the ice where a player was already covered, left ERod to defend two players, and then was lost at sea in his defensive zone. Absolutely pitiful.
Looked like a miscommunication between the two. Dahlin came up to match up against the next two attackers and Erod thought he had Dahlin’s outside help. Dahlin is broken. Remember that one draft guy that had Svechnikov at #1? He looks smart right now.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Are people really putting that on ERod? Dahlin ****ed up that coverage royally. Went to the left side of the ice where a player was already covered, left ERod to defend two players, and then was lost at sea in his defensive zone. Absolutely pitiful.
It’s 3v3. Erod is facing the puck carrier and is closest to him. In that situation Erod has to take the puck carrier. It’s his guy until there is an chance or need to switch. No matter what Dahlin did or didn’t do. 3v3 is effectively man on man. No idea why Erod makes an assumption he has coverage behind him like that. If he’s passing off he needs to know there is someone there to pick up the player he is passing off. Erod was literally pointing to no one when he directs traffic. That he didn’t know that is entirely on him.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
It's a good thing we didn't have the chance to sign a Vezina finalist for peanuts while simultaneously pulling off the biggest PR coup in team history this offseason.

I didn't get the impression Lehner wanted to return. Did I miss something?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good:

- Skinner against his old team.
- Risto's OT sequence. Won a puck, exited clean, and was wide open for a feed before smoking Svech.
- Joker's (momentary) GTG.
- Larry on the GTG - took a hit and then a massive slash to set the screen.
- Lazar's goal. See that emotion? More please.

The Bad:

- That OT snafu with Rodrigues and Dahlin and Hutton all f***ing up.
- Speaking of Hutton... can you stop a puck shortside again? Please?
- Jack sucked tonight. The body language is terrible, but so are the decision making is just driving me nuts.
- Mitts OT one-man play.
- Hello powerplay. f***ing simplify and put the puck to the net and crash it. Honestly, put LOG on the PP with someone like Skinner and Dahlin to just crash the f***ing crease. Stop being fancy.
- Daisy curls.
- Vesey. Please make him go away.
- Sheary. Please make him go away 2.0.

The Ugly:

- 20 days since a win.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I didn't get the impression Lehner wanted to return. Did I miss something?
He was a RFA but i'm not arguing that he was great or bad or anything meaning the Sabres refused to tender him so he didn't have a choice to sign with another team until we decided not to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad