GDT: Carolina Hurricanes @ Buffalo Sabres 7PM 11.14.2019

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Hurricanes-Sabres odds: Carolina favored in Buffalo

The Carolina Hurricanes (10-7-1) and Buffalo Sabres (9-6-2) square off in Western New York on Thursday at 7 p.m. ET. Both teams are 4-5-1 across the past 10 outings.

Projected Starting Goalies:
Petr Mrazek vs. Carter Hutton

Sabres Lines affected by Injuries
As search for offense continues, injuries may force Sabres to shuffle deck

The top line of Jack Eichel between Victor Olofsson and Sam Reinhart stayed together Wednesday, as did the grinder trio of Zemgus Girgensons-Johan Larsson and Kyle Okposo.

With Johansson out, Evan Rodrigues stepped in at center between Jeff Skinner and Conor Sheary. Lazar joined Jimmy Vesey on the wings with Casey Mittelstadt.
Krueger said the Sabres will re-evaluate Johansson Thursday morning to see if he can play.

Marco Scandella also returned to practice. Krueger thinks he has a real good chance to play on Thursday.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Wish Tage got the call instead of Lazar but I guess this will have to do. Hopefully the boys come out with some fire to bury this losing streak.

Reactions: sabremike

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Wish Tage got the call instead of Lazar but I guess this will have to do. Hopefully the boys come out with some fire to bury this losing streak.
Agreed. I understand that Lazar was called up because he fit the Sobotka role better than Tage, but wouldn't Tage be a better fit in whatever role Sheary is in? I'm not looking to mess with his development, just give him a game or two to see if he's head and shoulders better than Sheary/Vesey/whoever, and if he's not, send him down. I suspect he'll get his call up eventually, but I'm just sick of seeing the usual suspects not making any meaningful impact.

Last edited:

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
My friend got 100 level tickets from his work so we'll get an up-close view of this trainwreck. I'm expecting Carolina to forecheck us to death by the 10 minute mark of the first period. Hope Hutton is ready for a lot of work.

Reactions: kundahlini

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Like most posters I am not optimistic. Carolina seems to give us fits and the Sabres have trouble scoring. Somehow this team has gone from promising to depressing. Very hard to watch them on tv now--if not at the game I watch until they are losing then tape to watch later--maybe!

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Colin Miller out in favour of Scandella.

Pardon?

Makes perfect sense. Miller has been the worst of our RHDs lately. Montour/Risto/Joker have all been decidedly better.

So we're gonna roll with Dahlin/McCabe/Scandella on the left. Scandella/Joker have easily been our best D pair all year, so that makes sense.

That said, given that we've got 10 games between today and 11/30 (and 14 games in December).............my bet is that there's going to be shuffling going on. Gonna see plenty of Miller and probably some Glimour (and Pilut? and Borgen?) in the next 6 weeks. Especially given Kruger's seeming desire to keep all the defense fresh.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
STOP THE BLEEDING

A young, fast team with a deep defense and deep cast of forwards?

Yeah, not sure tonight's the "get healthy" night. We've got some coming (Ottawa, Minny, a Jekyll-and-Hyde Blackhawks team), but tonight's going to be an uphill battle.

I'm looking for effort tonight, full well expecting that there will be times where Carolina will flat-out outplay us. Make them earn what they get -- don't give them anything easy. That's the first step.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Yep, I concur. Not feeling at all confident about tonight. They always seem to struggle with Carolina.

I’m hoping to at least see a good effort all night. If they’re not hungry to break a 5 game losing streak, we’ve got a lot bigger problems...

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Yep, I concur. Not feeling at all confident about tonight. They always seem to struggle with Carolina.

I’m hoping to at least see a good effort all night. If they’re not hungry to break a 5 game losing streak, we’ve got a lot bigger problems...

I also wonder how much all the travel and lack of actual game time is going to hurt them. Played 11/2. Travelled cross-ocean. Two games on 11/8 and 11/9. Travelled cross-ocean.

Not going to shock me one bit if we come out flatter than a crepe in the 1st and come on in the 2nd and 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad