Confirmed with Link: Carlson is back 8 years x 8 mil

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Absolutely nowhere has anyone said Kempny rejected an offer...lol this is how bad rumors get started. One person assumes something, somebody reads that bad assumption and then thinks it's true and repeats it. How do you know he's not on vacation with his wife and kids and not dealing with a contract right now?

Reactions: calicapsfan

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
For some reason, cannot reply to posts. Re Mink's comment about local beat reporters getting scooped...

One possibility is that someone(s) in the NHL head offices in TO and NYC leak this stuff to inside Bob and a handful of others. And the player agents probably communicate more often with the big name "reporters" than they do with local reporters from most of the NHL cities (again, TO and NYC being the most likely exceptions). Plus, I'm guessing only a few Caps staff are aware of the details of any pending agreement, so it would be relatively simple for anyone who didn't want a leak to happen to determine who talked.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
For some reason, cannot reply to posts. Re Mink's comment about local beat reporters getting scooped...

One possibility is that someone(s) in the NHL head offices in TO and NYC leak this stuff to inside Bob and a handful of others. And the player agents probably communicate more often with the big name "reporters" than they do with local reporters from most of the NHL cities (again, TO and NYC being the most likely exceptions). Plus, I'm guessing only a few Caps staff are aware of the details of any pending agreement, so it would be relatively simple for anyone who didn't want a leak to happen to determine who talked.

Yep. They cater to the big hockey media celebrities who also have an inordinate amount of influence when it comes to whining and crying about suspensions.

Kind of unseemly, IMHO.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Yep. They cater to the big hockey media celebrities who also have an inordinate amount of influence when it comes to whining and crying about suspensions.

Kind of unseemly, IMHO.

what? they rarely if ever leak things to the big guys. no big guy said the orpik trade before caps announced it, nor did they say the oshie trade was coming, nor did they announce the oshie extension early. the caps twitter account breaks nearly everything before mckenzie and dreger etc

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
what? they rarely if ever leak things to the big guys. no big guy said the orpik trade before caps announced it, nor did they say the oshie trade was coming, nor did they announce the oshie extension early. the caps twitter account breaks nearly everything before mckenzie and dreger etc

Whatever the case, there is still a very unhealthy relationship between the celebrity hockey media and the NHL.

Anyway, glad Carlson is a Cap.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Not sure I follow. The rumor before was $60M over 8. So it went up $500K a year because of OEL? BFD.
I believe it, OEL was rumored for 8x8 and I think Carlson might have agreed to 8x7.8 and every bit counts.
Fwiw, no beat writer broke the oshie deal, the oshie trade, the orpik trade etc before the capitals twitter announced it. Shows gmbm is really tight lipped
The last hockey story I remember a beat writer breaking was TEB breaking Huet signing with Chicago and it wasn’t even a Caps story, so weird.
While I don’t think Carlson is an$8m player, he would’ve gotten more on the open market. He’s definitely better than OEL.
I think most teams would take OEL even if you take away that he’s younger but he also didn’t hit the market.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Now thats good news. Wanted him for 7,5 all along but after winning the cup and being the best point getter ftom the D... yeah, 500k doesnt seem like undeserved overpayment.

This team can feel good this summer and prepare for the season with b2b in (calm) mind.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad