Confirmed with Link: Carlson is back 8 years x 8 mil

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Man, people on here comparing Carlson to OEL.

I agree Carlson is a great defenseman and I’m stoked he stayed. However, OEL is really good. I’ve seen him a lot and love watching his game. He’s really, really good. He’s just on a **** team.
Sorry but OEL hasn't impressed me at all. Might be the most overrated dman in the league. What is so great about him?

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Every Caps haters gave him 9, 9.5 even 10 per year. in FA

But now they're saying that 8x8 isn't a good contract.

They are funny.
Lot of them are from the fan bases for the Islanders, Devils and Flyers who all wanted him on their team and who are within the Metro Division and see him often enough to know what he's all about.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
An expansion team in their division just won the western conference. They could be in the Final next season!

I think this is sarcasm, not sure, but if someone had asked you before last season who had a better chance to go to the Final the Knights or the Coyotes you would have taken the Coyotes?

Just look at that forward group and tell me who is gonna score goals for them?

There is a reason they barely cracked 200 goals this is season.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I think this is sarcasm, not sure, but if someone had asked you before last season who had a better chance to go to the Final the Knights or the Coyotes you would have taken Coyotes?

Just look at that forward group and tell me who is gonna score goals for them?

There is a reason they barely cracked 200 goals this is season.
I honestly like the Coyotes, a lot. Their defensive group is excellent, Raanta looked really good, they've got some absolute studs in the forwards ranks in Keller and Strome. Galchenyuk should improve out of Montreal, and Merkley

I do think you hit on their weakness, the goalscoring. But the addition of Calchenyuk helps, as does having Strome there full time, potentially adding Merkley, and any improvement from Keller. Adding someone like JVR for them could really put them over the hump. Their biggest hindrance to being a playoff team may very well be Tocchet.

Last edited:

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
There are a few defenseman that may excel no matter where they play. However, I believe the majority and that includes Carlson have to be playing on a team where the system enhances their skill and their linemates and teammates compliment their play. Not sure if Carlson would be the same Carlson that we know had he signed elsewhere. It's the fit, it's gotta be the right fit. Carlson is the right fit for this team.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
o6B1Pcaa

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
There are a few defenseman that may excel no matter where they play. However, I believe the majority and that includes Carlson have to be playing on a team where the system enhances their skill and their linemates and teammates compliment their play. Not sure if Carlson would be the same Carlson that we know had he signed elsewhere. It's the fit, it's gotta be the right fit. Carlson is the right fit for this team.
He's Been pretty good in international play for team USA

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Great! Fair price for both sides of the bargain. Beyond 8 mil per year would have been too much.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Good contract. It’s maybe an overpayment but I’d rather overpay top end guys than depth players.

Caps are going to be mighty competitive again next year, especially if they can sign Kempny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad