Carl Grundstrom 18-19 season expectations

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Marchment and Grundstrom are going to on the Leafs at some point in the next year for sure, probably this season depending on injuries and maybe even a trade.

I'd say Grundstrom is a guarantee. Marchment not so much.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I think they call him up at the deadline and he will play in that 4th line LW slot

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
The Leafs could use a gritty player like Grundstrom. He's a more skilled Leo Komarov. I could see him being called up a few weeks before the playoffs.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Long term he’s Marleau’s replacement.

Him or someone else if there’s a good UFA option, trade... or another prospect. A lot can happen in a year.

As for call-up time this year... I don’t see it, barring a slough of injuries.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
with Johnsson having what we'll hopefully be calling "his breakout game" in a few weeks, Ennis and Leivo both playing very well in 4th line minutes, Brown and Hyman both doing what was expected of them, we're going to have some tough choices ahead. I won't like watching someone deserving lose a job but man this is better than filling linups with PA Parenteau's and Shawn Matthias's

Could see a scenario where Grundstrom is left to overcook in the AHL unless someone gets hurt or starts to not pull their weight, there's already going to be a couple of guys pushed off the ice if Matthews and Nylander come back. There's worse things than having a stocked cupboard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad