Player Discussion Carey Price - Who's Your Daddy? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Weber returning allowed Petry to step back into the role he was made for, bumped Mete up and allowed him to play his game more freely, bumped Benn off the first pairing, and finally got Alzner off the roster. That’s a pretty big impact for one player to have on a roster and that’s not even mentioning what he brings on the ice. The Kulak pick up is also very underrated as it allowed Benn to go back to the right side. All these things combined are why Price is playing better. He has a defence he has confidence in again.

The vezina level came after the baby.

Weber helps but hes not the one msking the saves. Price is in a good place now with the second baby. happy wife happy life

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The vezina level came after the baby.

Weber helps but hes not the one msking the saves. Price is in a good place now with the second baby. happy wife happy life

Weber’s not making the saves but he’s definitely making them much easier. Like I said in the previous post, his return brought balance back to the defence in a lot of different ways by shifting guys around. His numbers were climbing a month before the baby but who knows, maybe it did give him extra drive. Although the same people were using the baby excuse as to why he struggled a few years ago.

In response to your last post, you’ve shifted the goal posts to the playoffs when evaluating Price. When he had a tough season last year and tough two weeks this year, you were going off on how he was in a steep physical decline and he was finished. Now that he’s proofed he’s not, you’re trying to change the narrative to the playoffs where he’s doomed to fail regardless to help feed your agenda in the future. This team will be lucky if they can win a single round, anything more would be overachieving, and like the last decade it will have little to do with goaltending.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
This is a proof why no one here that bash’s the Defense understands how a team system works.

Also i did say Weber helps the stats but Price really step it up after his second baby. Lets not pretend that dint happen. Look at his play and stats before and after the baby. Its day and night.

By keeping Price if hes not performing in the playoffs you’re basicly saying our goal is not to win a cup... because if we keep him with that salary our defense will not get better you understand that right?

Yeah his salary is really a problem.....not that we have 9+ millions in free cap space and and another 8M tied to Alzner/Schlemko/Mason. That's 17 millions of dead cap space. But i guess Price's salary is a problem.

Last PO Price played in, he put up a .933......in the last 3 years the Habs made the PO, Price is posting a .922....but i guess that's not performing for you. You probably think a goalie should do it all and win the series by himself. In my book, he performed very well in the PO since 2013.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Weber’s not making the saves but he’s definitely making them much easier. Like I said in the previous post, his return brought balance back to the defence in a lot of different ways by shifting guys around. His numbers were climbing a month before the baby but who knows, maybe it did give him extra drive. Although the same people were using the baby excuse as to why he struggled a few years ago.

In response to your last post, you’ve shifted the goal posts to the playoffs when evaluating Price. When he had a tough season last year and tough two weeks this year, you were going off on how he was in a steep physical decline and he was finished. Now that he’s proofed he’s not, you’re trying to change the narrative to the playoffs where he’s doomed to fail regardless to help feed your agenda in the future. This team will be lucky if they can win a single round, anything more would be overachieving, and like the last decade it will have little to do with goaltending.

No im not shifting the posts.

No one expected him to be back to his 2014 form.

Im pretty sure most of us wanted him gone any way.

With everyone healthy If Price plays like this in the PO I think this team can reach the finals.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Yeah his salary is really a problem.....not that we have 9+ millions in free cap space and and another 8M tied to Alzner/Schlemko/Mason. That's 17 millions of dead cap space. But i guess Price's salary is a problem.

Last PO Price played in, he put up a .933......in the last 3 years the Habs made the PO, Price is posting a .922....but i guess that's not performing for you. You probably think a goalie should do it all and win the series by himself. In my book, he performed very well in the PO since 2013.

Any way, you’re too short sighted here.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Any way, you’re too short sighted here.

Am i?

I don't know, if i go back into this thread, you've been completely wrong and i've been completely right about Price....but i guess this time, you got it right. Maybe it's the case, maybe having a babies help goaltenders :laugh:

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
No way, not carey's fault.

That Drouin guy is worst than Pacioretty. He's got some skills but his decision making is bruttaly poor and specially on that 4on3 in OT....wtf was that....Garbage garbage garbage.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Price loses a point off his save percentage after tonight .915.

Nashville's next which I think will be okay. But then come the Lightning and that one's gonna be scary.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Price loses a point off his save percentage after tonight .915.

Nashville's next which I think will be okay. But then come the Lightning and that one's gonna be scary.
Last game vs the Lightning, we lost 6-5 because of Uncle Neimi....let's hope Price can beat the best team in the league next saturday. The bolts are far and above the rest of the teams in the league.

Price should have had the Nylander goal last night, but it wasn't that caused us to lose, once again it was the PP.

Reactions: cajmonkey

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Has been the best thus far in 2019
A7UCdpQ.png

Reactions: Milhouse40

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Too bad he didn't play the whole game tonight. We really needed that win.

Quick run of the numbers. He's rounded back up to .916 on the season. .919 or better in four of his last five. That game against the Leafs brings his numbers over that period to .916. Still playing very well and putting up good numbers. I'd love to see him get over .920 this year.

Last edited:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
If he gets to .920 then we're a sure lock for the playoffs this year. I don't see him getting it to .920 personally...my guess based on numbers is the .918 range

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If he gets to .920 then we're a sure lock for the playoffs this year. I don't see him getting it to .920 personally...my guess based on numbers is the .918 range
.916 now. He'll have to be very good to bump it up four more points.

Last night he made several great saves. Gave up a softie but that happens. What concerned me more about last night's game was the rebound control. Some of that can be attributed to the awesome scoring chances that the BJs had but I expect he'll be better next game.

.939 last night. Let's say there's 20 games left... if we look back on his last 20 (including not starting games) he's .933. He's .930 over his last ten (including the Florida game - if you want to go back one more for another start it's .933.)

If he can keep that up for another 20 he'd be 587 f0r 629. Add that to what he has now and he'd finish with .9215 - round up to .922.

It's definitely a tall order (maintaining .930 always is) but it is doable. One bad game can set you back though. Rask was .924 four games ago and now he's .918... Six points in four games. :laugh: It's a lot easier to lose points than it is to gain.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Up another point. He's at .917 now.

With the Leafs on Saturday it wouldn't surprise me if he takes a step back stat wise, but he's on a pretty good roll.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Up another point. He's at .917 now.

With the Leafs on Saturday it wouldn't surprise me if he takes a step back stat wise, but he's on a pretty good roll.
What makes you say that? He's playing great lately and we controlled the Laffs' offence pretty well both times we played them. We're due to beat them, in their barn.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What makes you say that? He's playing great lately and we controlled the Laffs' offence pretty well both times we played them. We're due to beat them, in their barn.
Leafs just have a potent offense. Not saying we can't beat them but if we do I'd expect a higher scoring game.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So is Carey gonna get another nom ?

Pricer .917% 45 27 wins 2.53 GAA

His competition:

Vasilevski .931% 38 GS 27 wins 2.25 GAA
Andersen .923% 43 27 wins 2.58 GAA
Rinne .917% 43 22 wins 2.44 GAA

I think he gets in on the third spot as of now. Hard to vote for a goalie that plays on a team that has the puck all game but I mean... He does have a .930% so it's also hard to not vote for him.

Does he finish top five in hart noms too ?

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
So is Carey gonna get another nom ?

Pricer .917% 45 27 wins 2.53 GAA

His competition:

Vasilevski .931% 38 GS 27 wins 2.25 GAA
Andersen .923% 43 27 wins 2.58 GAA
Rinne .917% 43 22 wins 2.44 GAA

I think he gets in on the third spot as of now. Hard to vote for a goalie that plays on a team that has the puck all game but I mean... He does have a .930% so it's also hard to not vote for him.

Does he finish top five in hart noms too ?

He'd definitely be in the conversation with Vasilevski had he played like this all year. He could still finish top 5 in voting for the Vezina which would actually be a pretty good rebound year after last year's tire fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad