Player Discussion Carey Price - Who's Your Daddy? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I agree with that but it's hard for many....they considered that Price is "too fast on his knees" on every top corner shots and think it's a bad technic while it is the technic a goalie should use to cover as much space as possible.

But here's Game #1 highlights where you see Price as good and spectular as he is now.
Price had a couple of weeks down with an injury and at some point, no goalie could have save that defense.

That was a great game. The saves at 2:20 and 4:29 are awesome.

Would be so fun to meet the Leafs in the playoffs and beat them. They are such a stacked team right now.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
That was a great game. The saves at 2:20 and 4:29 are awesome.

Would be so fun to meet the Leafs in the playoffs and beat them. They are such a stacked team right now.

And that was the first game this season, they lost, but Price stole a point from the start this year.
As for the Leafs, beating them in the PO would be orgasmic but not likely.....but just dragging them to a game #7 and see Toronto's fanbase losing their shit would satisfy me ;)

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
And that was the first game this season, they lost, but Price stole a point from the start this year.
As for the Leafs, beating them in the PO would be orgasmic but not likely.....but just dragging them to a game #7 and see Toronto's fanbase losing their **** would satisfy me ;)

plenty of hockey left to be played,

playoffs are a total different beast then the regular season, as a habs fan you should know that,

bad regular season teams can surprise in the playoffs, i see toronto being one of those teams this season,

and good regular season teams can disappoint in the playoffs.....any habs fan should know that

Reactions: Milhouse40

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Everything is a cascade that starts in the nervous ssystem.

Know from what I know, Price's nutritionist says Price had defficiencies in vitamins D and B12.

They've supplemented him, but that doesn't mean they have found the underlying problem and it's probably a neuroendocrinological one, as is mostly the case in the majority of cases of mental/chronic fatigue. The good news is that they'll keep on monitoring him, doesn't mean he's completely out of the woods, because the underlying problem is one of metabolisation. He might have had epigenetic effects when certain energy crisis arose that were out of his usual norms, that culminated slowly to the state he was in last year, and the onset came with the stress of early parenthood as it is often the case.

So muscle glycogen isn't real?

I think you're being too nerdy here mate. I get it. Nothing works if your brain dead.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
plenty of hockey left to be played,

playoffs are a total different beast then the regular season, as a habs fan you should know that,

bad regular season teams can surprise in the playoffs, i see toronto being one of those teams this season,

and good regular season teams can disappoint in the playoffs.....any habs fan should know that
But... you're rooting for us right? You'd be happy if Price had a great season right? After all, you are a Hab fan right?

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
But... you're rooting for us right? You'd be happy if Price had a great season right? After all, you are a Hab fan right?

The real question is would you be just as happy if another goalie had a great season? You’re rooting for us right? After all, you’re a habs fan right?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The real question is would you be just as happy if another goalie had a great season? You’re rooting for us right? After all, you’re a habs fan right?
My favourite player was Guy Lafleur. After him came Stephane Richer. Then came PK and Price.

Sure, I'll cheer anyone who helps us win. But I definitely want to see our star players excel while the team wins. That's what being a fan is all about. I like seeing Price at the top of the league just like I used to enjoy Roy, Chelios, PK win awards.

So hell yes I want to see Price do well. I'm a freaking Hab fan. If you're actively rooting against the team and against the players then what the hell are you doing here? It's one thing to cheer for a rebuild, it's a whole other thing to want to see our own players fail. If that's the case then you might as well go and be a Bruins fan.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If a goalie off the street came in and outplayed Price I'd happily forget Price ever existed.
I'd be more than willing to trade him. Hell, I think we should trade him now and rebuild.

But I'd certainly cheer him elsewhere just like I cheer Subban. I didn't stop cheering for Lafleur when he went to New York... Those guys were awesome talents who gave us some great moments. The team is more than just the name on the front... otherwise we could all just sit back and watch people play computer simulations.

Reactions: Miller Time

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Everything is a cascade that starts in the nervous ssystem.

Know from what I know, Price's nutritionist says Price had defficiencies in vitamins D and B12.

They've supplemented him, but that doesn't mean they have found the underlying problem and it's probably a neuroendocrinological one, as is mostly the case in the majority of cases of mental/chronic fatigue. The good news is that they'll keep on monitoring him, doesn't mean he's completely out of the woods, because the underlying problem is one of metabolisation. He might have had epigenetic effects when certain energy crisis arose that were out of his usual norms, that culminated slowly to the state he was in last year, and the onset came with the stress of early parenthood as it is often the case.

I'll see your complicated and well thought out theory and raise you with 'Pricer found the corona stash again'. Parenthood definitely helped.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I'd be more than willing to trade him. Hell, I think we should trade him now and rebuild.

But I'd certainly cheer him elsewhere just like I cheer Subban. I didn't stop cheering for Lafleur when he went to New York... Those guys were awesome talents who gave us some great moments. The team is more than just the name on the front... otherwise we could all just sit back and watch people play computer simulations.

Yeah I guess "forget he ever existed" is a bit much. But my point is if someone else gives the Habs a better shot to win a cup then go for it. That said, anyone with a functioning brain knows Price is the only option in goal right now for the Habs.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
My favourite player was Guy Lafleur. After him came Stephane Richer. Then came PK and Price.

Sure, I'll cheer anyone who helps us win. But I definitely want to see our star players excel while the team wins. That's what being a fan is all about. I like seeing Price at the top of the league just like I used to enjoy Roy, Chelios, PK win awards.

So hell yes I want to see Price do well. I'm a freaking Hab fan. If you're actively rooting against the team and against the players then what the hell are you doing here? It's one thing to cheer for a rebuild, it's a whole other thing to want to see our own players fail. If that's the case then you might as well go and be a Bruins fan.

I dint ask you if you wanted to see price do well.... i asked if you another goalie outplayed Price would you root for him? And be just as happy he’s our goalie?

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013

You’re contradicting your self here buddy.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
If a goalie off the street came in and outplayed Price I'd happily forget Price ever existed.

Me too thats my point.

I was happy to cheer for Price when he was outplaying Huet back in the days.

I was happy to cheer for Higgins too when he was scoring the goals with Koivu but i was just as happy to see him go once we realised he wasn’t as good.

We dont need passengers on this team, we need players who bleed habs and are mature and passionate enough to keep them selfs in perfect shape for the games.

Who would care about The rocket if he wasn’t scoring the goals? No one. That guy showed passion, dedication and CHarachter on the ice and even if you’re not french canadian you have no choice but to respect the player.

We know what it takes to win championships, we have it in our DNA but for some reasons this owner chooses to turn his back on our true identity.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We’re starting to get to that point in the season where the sample size is big enough where the stats will either climb or drop at a crawl.
He's played so well lately that his percentage is going up a point or two per game. It's unreal. He has a real shot to get to .920+ if he keeps it up. Pretty incredible considering he was sub .900 around the start of December.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
He's played so well lately that his percentage is going up a point or two per game. It's unreal. He has a real shot to get to .920+ if he keeps it up. Pretty incredible considering he was sub .900 around the start of December.

He has a shot at .920 but the first two months of the season really hurt his chances. If he manages to get up to .920+, it’s because he’s continued to maintain around a .930 the rest of the way, and he won’t be just in the Vezina conversation if that happens.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He has a shot at .920 but the first two months of the season really hurt his chances. If he manages to get up to .920+, it’s because he’s continued to maintain around a .930 the rest of the way, and he won’t be just in the Vezina conversation if that happens.
He's over .950 since January. There's just no way he can stay that hot. .930 the rest of the way would be incredible but .950 is just insane.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014

The real question should be "Did you cheer for Lafleur when he played for Les Nordiques?" :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad