Player Discussion Carey Price - Who's Your Daddy? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Price has been lights out............the way it's suppose to be. At least this year, we seem to be able to score a few goals for him.

Weber being back has all the D playing the right type of minutes, which is working out well for the team, and certainly Price.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
He has a shot at .920 but the first two months of the season really hurt his chances. If he manages to get up to .920+, it’s because he’s continued to maintain around a .930 the rest of the way, and he won’t be just in the Vezina conversation if that happens.

Price was .922% at October 27
Since Nov 10, Price is .926%

Only a five game stretch between Oct 29 and Nov 9 dropped his SV% from .925% to .915%.

Basically 5 games for a goalie can follow you the whole season.

Reactions: Vachon23

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Price was .922% at October 27
Since Nov 10, Price is .926%

Only a five game stretch between Oct 29 and Nov 9 dropped his SV% from .925% to .915%.

Basically 5 games for a goalie can follow you the whole season.

That's a misleading stat given that he's having a crazy January, and has been good since mid December.

In November he wasn't good. Not only for 5 games.

Great to see him back though. If he continues like this and we make the playoffs, only he can challenge MA Fleury for the Vezina.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
He's certainly proven me wrong. I thought he looked tired/worn down/injured and completely weak mentally, almost checked out. Now he's gone on a tear I didn't think he had left in him anymore. Carey playing like this is close to his MVP season. He looks great again, too soon to eat some crow, maybe, I dunno, I still don't like our highest paid player being a goalie, whether it is Carey or anyone else, but if he can sustain this level, then it's certainly a bit easier to swallow.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Using a 30 game minimum, Carey is 6th in SAV% and GAA and 5th in wins. Remarkable considering how the first quarter of the season went.

Reactions: Deebs

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Using a 30 game minimum, Carey is 6th in SAV% and GAA and 5th in wins. Remarkable considering how the first quarter of the season went.

Late goal sucked. He'd have been at .917 now. Still a very solid game. .941 tonight. 8th time in the last 11 that he's been over .940.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Sucked to have a late goal hurt his stats a bit, but still an amazing game from him. Let's make it 8 wins for him on Saturday night!

I don’t think the Leafs are as invincible as their fanatical, er, fans seem to believe, but they do got major guns on their team. Matthews in particular seems to get the better of Price, so hoping Carey brings it to.

Reactions: ArsHabs

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Remember how Carey Price was done, he was regressing and over and Habs should eat 50% of salary and maybe even give a good pieces on top of that just to be able to trade Price. So many did not understand then that a goalie can't be great while having a depressing D-squad....i hope they do now.and if Weber went down again, expect Price's numbers to go down too but Price will still be one of the best. Good times!!!

Funny how the medias who were on his back for a full year are simply saying now that Price (magically) woke up.....i understand, its hard to admit that they know jack shit about goaltending and admit they were completely wrong.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Remember how Carey Price was done, he was regressing and over and Habs should eat 50% of salary and maybe even give a good pieces on top of that just to be able to trade Price. So many did not understand then that a goalie can't be great while having a depressing D-squad....i hope they do now.and if Weber went down again, expect Price's numbers to go down too but Price will still be one of the best. Good times!!!

Funny how the medias who were on his back for a full year are simply saying now that Price (magically) woke up.....i understand, its hard to admit that they know jack **** about goaltending and admit they were completely wrong.
Agreed.

Our D isn't great but it's at least respectable with Weber in it. That's all Price needs to put up good numbers. He won't win the Vezina this year but he just might finish as a finalist. Numbers are down across the league. He's currently 5th with starters over 30 games.

He's got a scary schedule though. Winnipeg is down but he's got the Leafs, Preds and Lightning coming up. That will probably put a dent in his numbers.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009

Funny how the medias who were on his back for a full year are simply saying now that Price (magically) woke up.....i understand, its hard to admit that they know jack **** about goaltending and admit they were completely wrong.

When it comes to Price you can only hope for people to shut the f*** up. No more still shots asking what is going on, no more Halak nonsense, no pics of Price with cigarettes from 2009 or people making shit up about his off season training. Just people shutting the f*** up.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Agreed.

Our D isn't great but it's at least respectable with Weber in it. That's all Price needs to put up good numbers. He won't win the Vezina this year but he just might finish as a finalist. Numbers are down across the league. He's currently 5th with starters over 30 games.

He's got a scary schedule though. Winnipeg is down but he's got the Leafs, Preds and Lightning coming up. That will probably put a dent in his numbers.

Price never had the kind of defense Vasilevsky or Rinne is having in front of them. But put a good defense in front of him and he'll turn a team into 1st place team.....now he's not having a great defense at all, not even a good one but he got enough to make this team into a PO teams.

Put an excellent defense in front of him and i'm pretty sure he'll turn this team into a serious contender.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
When it comes to Price you can only hope for people to shut the **** up. No more still shots asking what is going on, no more Halak nonsense, no pics of Price with cigarettes from 2009 or people making **** up about his off season training. Just people shutting the **** up.

He's earning too much money for poeple to shut up, i'm sure he'll have a couple of bad games and some will be back with their non sense. Personnally, i don't care about what the Fans are saying.....more concern about all those so-called experts/analyst and pretty much everyone at RDS/TVA who were so wrong and almost turn an entire city against him.

They are still there trying to look smarts and telling everyone that they know what they are talking about....while they are just a bunch of clowns.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
He's earning too much money for poeple to shut up, i'm sure he'll have a couple of bad games and some will be back with their non sense. Personnally, i don't care about what the Fans are saying.....more concern about all those so-called experts/analyst and pretty much everyone at RDS/TVA who were so wrong and almost turn an entire city against him.

They are still there trying to look smarts and telling everyone that they know what they are talking about....while they are just a bunch of clowns.

Well said friend... :nod:

Reactions: Milhouse40

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013

Price did magically woke up, He got the second kid and since then he surprisignly started playing great again.

Weber has nothing to do with it.

You dont go from 870 to 940 because of one player.

The team is playing better because they have more confidence in their goalie. Dats it dats all.

Weber Helps, for sure.

But a happy woman can change your life 180.

Price is playing well atm and i hope he wins the mvp, vezina again but for the sake of the team if he doesnt perform well in the playoffs this year (like first round out) we really need to consider trading him.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Price 2014-16: .931 (Vezina 4th, Hart 14th, Hart 1st, Jennings 1st, Pearson 1st, Vezina 1st)
Price in 16-17 w. Weber: .923 (Vezina finalist)
Price in 17-18 w/o Weber: .900

This season:
Price before Weber: .897
Price after Weber: .931

Yeah, total coincidence. It's almost as though playing behind an AHL level D might affect your numbers somehow...

Last edited:

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Price 2014-16: .931 (Vezina 4th, Hart 14th, Hart 1st, Jennings 1st, Pearson 1st, Vezina 1st)
Price in 16-17 w. Weber: .923 (Vezina finalist)
Price in 17-18 w/o Weber: .900

This season:
Price before Weber: .897
Price after Weber: .931

Yeah, total coincidence. It's almost as though playing behind an AHL level D might affect your numbers somehow...

Im not sure if you’re serious.

Price got alot better after the second baby. His problems were mental (he admitted). No reason to be defensive here, no one is bashing him.

Weber made it easier but i rather much give credit to Price because hes the one who pulled himself out of the dirt and thats something that is worth pointing out.

At 940 hes at the top and all we can hope for is that he brings it in the playoffs.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Price did magically woke up, He got the second kid and since then he surprisignly started playing great again.

Weber has nothing to do with it.

You dont go from 870 to 940 because of one player.

The team is playing better because they have more confidence in their goalie. Dats it dats all.

Weber Helps, for sure.

But a happy woman can change your life 180.

Price is playing well atm and i hope he wins the mvp, vezina again but for the sake of the team if he doesnt perform well in the playoffs this year (like first round out) we really need to consider trading him.

It might makes sense, but Price's numbers go up a month before his second kid was born. And yes, his numbers got up because of one player but let's face it, Weber is not just another player, he's the #1 D on this team. His numbers changes the day Weber's return and not the day his child was born.

It's not magic here, unless i'm very lucky, i called this thing many times before it happened and said here many times to wait for Weber's return to judge Price.

As for the PO.....no one sees us passing the 1st round, yet you are already putting it on the back of Price....kind of prove how bias you are. Price is here to stay and for a good reason, he's pretty much one of the best, if not the best goalie in the NHL.

And a question for you : How's the great Halak doing lately?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Im not sure if you’re serious.

Price got alot better after the second baby. His problems were mental (he admitted). No reason to be defensive here, no one is bashing him.

Weber made it easier but i rather much give credit to Price because hes the one who pulled himself out of the dirt and thats something that is worth pointing out.

At 940 hes at the top and all we can hope for is that he brings it in the playoffs.

Weber returning allowed Petry to step back into the role he was made for, bumped Mete up and allowed him to play his game more freely, bumped Benn off the first pairing, and finally got Alzner off the roster. That’s a pretty big impact for one player to have on a roster and that’s not even mentioning what he brings on the ice. The Kulak pick up is also very underrated as it allowed Benn to go back to the right side. All these things combined are why Price is playing better. He has a defence he has confidence in again.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
It might makes sense, but Price's numbers go up a month before his second kid was born. And yes, his numbers got up because of one player but let's face it, Weber is not just another player, he's the #1 D on this team. His numbers changes the day Weber's return and not the day his child was born.

It's not magic here, unless i'm very lucky, i called this thing many times before it happened and said here many times to wait for Weber's return to judge Price.

As for the PO.....no one sees us passing the 1st round, yet you are already putting it on the back of Price....kind of prove how bias you are. Price is here to stay and for a good reason, he's pretty much one of the best, if not the best goalie in the NHL.

And a question for you : How's the great Halak doing lately?

This is a proof why no one here that bash’s the Defense understands how a team system works.

Also i did say Weber helps the stats but Price really step it up after his second baby. Lets not pretend that dint happen. Look at his play and stats before and after the baby. Its day and night.

By keeping Price if hes not performing in the playoffs you’re basicly saying our goal is not to win a cup... because if we keep him with that salary our defense will not get better you understand that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad