Player Discussion Carey Price - The Non All-Star Edition

Will Price Ask for trade before end of season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
EVu-blGWoAAukwy

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Super 16: Top goalies playing in Stanley Cup Qualifiers

6)Carey Price, Montreal Canadiens

Total points: 116

Season stats: 58 games, 27-25-6, 2.79 GAA, .909 save percentage, 4 shutouts

Career playoff stats: 60 games, 25-31, 2.53 GAA, .914 save percentage, 5 shutouts

Price was tied for fifth in wins this season. He faced the second-most shots (1,755) and had the second-most saves (1,595), played the most minutes of any goalie (3,439:49) and allowed the most goals (160). Price won the Hart Trophy, Ted Lindsay Award, Vezina Trophy and William M. Jennings Trophy in 2014-15.

DarkSender

Apr 29, 2019
Laval
In my opinion, these stats just show that the team really needs to play better in front of him. He's definitely not the best goalie in the league, however he's not being backed up correctly, playing way too much, in front of a fragile defense.

... but guess who's at fault ?? His freakin $10.5M contract served on a silver platter! Props to the GM.

Nice stats btw thanks for sharing @ahmedou

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
In my opinion, these stats just show that the team really needs to play better in front of him. He's definitely not the best goalie in the league, however he's not being backed up correctly, playing way too much, in front of a fragile defense.

... but guess who's at fault ?? His freakin $10.5M contract served on a silver platter! Props to the GM.

Nice stats btw thanks for sharing @ahmedou

Habs fans have been in denial for 15 years. This is an average goalie. Halak to this day is still doing better than him despite being older and smaller.

Reactions: The Real Timo

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Habs fans have been in denial for 15 years. This is an average goalie. Halak to this day is still doing better than him despite being older and smaller.
So, by that logic, I find it shocking that Halak would be willing to stay in Boston in what is guaranteed to be a backup role to Rask. Why wouldn't he have held out for a better contract and a chance to be the starter on a new team?

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Who knows if Habs would have turned out better if they traded Price instead of Halak. Butteryfly effect - maybe we end up with McDavid.

But there's no question Carey Price is the better goalie.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I wish that we didn't even draft Price, Kopitar would have been a much better option.

Kopitar is one man. Even if Halak or another goalie after were good, it still wouldn’t have made much of a difference. We still would’ve lacked the goal scoring depth we have for years. And Kopitar’s name wouldn’t have been near as illustrious as it has been with LA. Likely would’ve fallen into the same position Price is in right now, only difference being position. Great/good players get surrounded with crap all the time now. It’s been a 30-31 team league for 20 years. It’s very difficult to win. Even tougher when you add the political crap our franchise has refused to move away from on top of everything else.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
If.............If............? Body frame????
WTF, this is rich....just stop please. Just stop.

As one poster has already said, IF Halak took Price's workload, he would be dead by now.

The question is WHO is better.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Would you mind explaining some of the context behind these graphs? My understanding of advanced stats isn't great. Even in the second graph, what does that per game refer to? I get the proportions of shots the he faces part, but what does the Y axis refer to? Chances/attempts? That doesn't seem right though, since there's no way any goalie sees 50+ slot passes per game, for example. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, just trying to understand.

Reactions: bobholly39
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad