Player Discussion Carey Price - The Non All-Star Edition

Will Price Ask for trade before end of season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Carey Price:

The fake emotion edition
The stare down edition
Its not his fault edition
Blame the GM edition
We owe him edition
6 more years edition

Jul 6, 2016
Besides the Big Figure, I still don't understand why Price re-signed with Habs. The guy had the opportunity to become free agent and chose his destination. I never had a feeling that Price was in such love with Montreal and the Habs' fans.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Besides the Big Figure, I still don't understand why Price re-signed with Habs. The guy had the opportunity to become free agent and chose his destination. I never had a feeling that Price was in such love with Montreal and the Habs' fans.
He got the extra year with us.. other than that.. I’m not sure why. If I was him I would have got the hell out of here, the toxic French media alone is reason enough, attacking his wife and personal life.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Jul 6, 2016
He got the extra year with us..

Extra year of non-playoffs hockey and mediocrity ? ... That's not what I call a competitor.

I have a feeling that Price felt his body was failing him and he jumped on that contract asap to assure his future $$$ wise.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Why wouldn't he want to be here? Montreal's a great place to play when you're winning. We had good seasons before he extended. And when he extended Radulov and Markov were both on the team.

No way for him to know that we'd sign Alzner and nothing else over the next three years on the back end...
Extra year of non-playoffs hockey and mediocrity ? ... That's not what I call a competitor.
I have a feeling that Price felt his body was failing him and he jumped on that contract asap to assure his future $$$ wise.
No way for him to have known this.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Price’s deal is same as that of Vasilevskiy’s and Bobrovsky’s deal when adjusted for Fla no state tax.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Who cares? All that matters to us is the cap space he eats, who cares how much actual money he clears.
The cap space is irrelevant at this stage. We have cap space to burn. His cap hit hasn't hurt us at all...

What's hurt us is not building any kind of blueline or taking any kind of direction. We could've paid Price TWENTY million in cap space last year and it wouldn't have made any difference. Think about it.

Reactions: angusyoung

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Price has a NMC and a contract that takes him through 2025-2026...

I get it’s a discussion forum and all, but it’s going to be annoying for the next 7 years unless he finds his cheat codes again.

Reactions: FedorTyutin

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
The cap space is irrelevant at this stage. We have cap space to burn. His cap hit hasn't hurt us at all...

What's hurt us is not building any kind of blueline or taking any kind of direction. We could've paid Price TWENTY million in cap space last year and it wouldn't have made any difference. Think about it.
:facepalm:

We shouldn’t be in this situation in the first place, we shouldn’t have cap space to burn.. geeze Louise, I would expect you to understand that..

We’re supposed to be the NY Yankees of Hockey...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

We shouldn’t be in this situation in the first place, we shouldn’t have cap space to burn.. geeze Louise, I would expect you to understand that..
I understand it perfectly.

It's a joke to read about people moaning about his cap hit when we've got cap space to burn. We put this guy behind AHL D and then wonder why we don't go anywhere. It's stupid. And we've done this for THREE years now.

We didn't even go to another team and take on a bad contract for a pick or prospect... at least then we would've gotten something out of it.

His cap hit doesn't mean squat.

Reactions: habdynasty

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
:banghead:

Dude, the whole ****ing team is built wrong, and we should always be right up to the cap limit.. WE’RE THE ****ING MONTREAL CANADIENS FOR **** SAKES!
It’s built wrong primarily as a function of poor ability to assess offensive talent at the amateur level and not far behind due to the sh*thole of the city & province it represents in the eyes of NHLers, keeping it from attracting any talent of value via UFA or trade - move the team to Houston and like VGK they will transform to a contender within 2-off seasons max.

It’s more than a coincidence that once players attained any level of autonomy (post-94 lockout) Habs have been banished to the nether sphere.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

We’re supposed to be the NY Yankees of Hockey...
Everyone wants to play in NYC, very few NHLers want anything to do with Mtl.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I understand it perfectly.

It's a joke to read about people moaning about his cap hit when we've got cap space to burn. We put this guy behind AHL D and then wonder why we don't go anywhere. It's stupid. And we've done this for THREE years now.

We didn't even go to another team and take on a bad contract for a pick or prospect... at least then we would've gotten something out of it.

His cap hit doesn't mean squat.
He shouldn’t even be on this team! We should have a 5-6 million dollar goalie and a good defense in front of him. You see my point? We should be up to the cap limit with a great team that’s a contender. Not this garbage. What are we the f***ing Coyotes? The whole situation is a f***ing mess.

Reactions: WickedPegJets

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He shouldn’t even be on this team! We should have a 5-6 million dollar goalie and a good defense in front of him. You see my point? We should be up to the cap limit with a great team that’s a contender. Not this garbage. What are we the ****ing Coyotes? The whole situation is a ****ing mess.
His cap hit didn't prevent us from having a good D in front of him.

Having Price at that price point is fine. Not doing anything to build an actual team is the problem.

You can be the best player in the world and still not make the playoffs. Lemieux didn't make it on crappy teams. McDavid isn't making it either. We've had more than enough cap space to get a couple of first pairing guys but we've squandered it.

We wasted FIVE million on Alzner and have had TEN mil in cap space. That's fifteen million dollars to go out and get a decent blueline. You keep saying we the problem is building around Price... when the f*** did we build anything around him? We haven't built squat.

We've got a bunch of young forwards and then Gallagher, Petry, Weber and Price. That's a totally stupid way to build a team. If we added ONE decent guy on the left side we'd have been infinitely better. Add another D or good scorer and we'd have easily made the playoffs over the past few years.

But we have done JACK SQUAT.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Paycheck Price can maybe work on that one shot that everybody knows he can't stop? Hey Pricer, there is a big hole between your glove and head, above the shoulder, every f***ing time you drop to your knees. Jesus

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
He shouldn’t even be on this team! We should have a 5-6 million dollar goalie and a good defense in front of him. You see my point? We should be up to the cap limit with a great team that’s a contender. Not this garbage. What are we the ****ing Coyotes? The whole situation is a ****ing mess.
:banghead: And you're complaining about Price's contract using 10.5m in cap space when we're not spending up to that cap despite that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->