Injury Report: Carey Price suffered from chronic fatigue

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I do waffle between feeling bad for Price, signing that big contract with a team that's going to be simply awful for a significant period; and only wanting to play the world's tiniest violin for him, because rather than take a chance at FA or demand a trade to a real contender, he took the money and ran.

During the games I feel sorry for him. Contract aside, he is competitive and proud. His body language looks like he can’t believe how bad the team in front of him is.

Yes he has been poor at times and he is paid too well to complain. However, hockey games, which I think he used to truly love, look like a soul-destroying, joyless experience for him now.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
During the games I feel sorry for him. Contract aside, he is competitive and proud. His body language looks like he can’t believe how bad the team in front of him is.

Yes he has been poor at times and he is paid too well to complain. However, hockey games, which I think he used to truly love, look like a soul-destroying, joyless experience for him now.
He signed the deal. He insisted on the NMC.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Price will never live up to his new contract. Bergevin certainly has no idea how to build a hockey team.
But Bergevin wasn't the gm when Price was drafted instead of Kopitar and when Quick was drafted second round. That was Gainey's era, Bergevin had to deal with a team witout a real center. Gainey never beleive in strong down the middle, it was all good 2 way forwards, good D and good G.
It takes many many years to change a team built like that and hockey experts says trading Price is getting impossible because of salary cap and also you can get a decent goalie for a song.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Gainey had Koivu, Ribeiro, Plekanec, Lang, and Gomez for top six centres. He tried to get Arnott, Briere (as a centre), Sundin, and Lecavalier.

Bergevin has had Plekanec, Desharnais, Drouin, Danault, and a Galchenyuk he doesn't want to play at centre. He tried to get a washed up Lecavalier.

As bad as Gainey did down the middle at least he looked like he was trying.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
But Bergevin wasn't the gm when Price was drafted instead of Kopitar and when Quick was drafted second round. That was Gainey's era, Bergevin had to deal with a team witout a real center. Gainey never beleive in strong down the middle, it was all good 2 way forwards, good D and good G.
It takes many many years to change a team built like that and hockey experts says trading Price is getting impossible because of salary cap and also you can get a decent goalie for a song.

Trading Price was not impossible last season. Know who suggested we do that? Me. Know who didn't do that? Bergevin.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Gainey had Koivu, Ribeiro, Plekanec, Lang, and Gomez for top six centres. He tried to get Arnott, Briere (as a centre), Sundin, and Lecavalier.

Bergevin has had Plekanec, Desharnais, Drouin, Danault, and a Galchenyuk he doesn't want to play at centre. He tried to get a washed up Lecavalier.

There was a slight possibility to get a center in the time of Gainey. But today it is more difficult, I would say impossible. Only LAK did when they got Carter. That doesn't excuse Bergevin who I beleive is a total mor*n. Gainey had no vision of the new hockey to become and Bergevin is totally lost.
But if we take a look at centers of Gainey era and Bergevin era, I prefer Gainey's era by a mile. Bergevin took Gainey's heritage when Gomez was his first center. At least he did buy out Gomez's contract to end up this ridiculous situation and Desharnais did a decent job for about 2 years. Good centers are not available by trades or ufa signing. You don't draft them, you don't have them.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Trading Price was not impossible last season. Know who suggested we do that? Me. Know who didn't do that? Bergevin.
I agree with you, I would have trade Price last year if I was the gm but you and me are not gm of Canadiens. Now it's too late with his huge salary. Gainey was a bad gm and Bergevin is another bad one. One and two makes two. Two times bad, it explains why Canadiens are the most boring hockey team to watch, with Buffalo and Ottawa.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I agree with you, I would have trade Price last year if I was the gm but you and me are not gm of Canadiens. Now it's too late with his huge salary. Gainey was a bad gm and Bergevin is another bad one. One and two makes two. Two times bad, it explains why Canadiens are the most boring hockey team to watch, with Buffalo and Ottawa.

Gainey gave Bergevin the only important pieces he's ever had. The problem with this club is we haven't built in 6 years. There's been no accumulation of assets. No pooling of talent. We've been spinning our wheels, while the rest of the league has moved forward for the most part. Back in 2012 I said ''all we really need is one A+ draft, and this club is there.'' I still think that. It just didn't happen. In an argument with ToLegitToQuit I pointed out that the majority of the points that have been scored by a habs draftee since 2012 have been scored by a single player: Galchenyuk. And he's largely reviled around here. That's just not enough.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
That doesn't mean he can't be traded. It means he's in control if they want to.

If Price wants to move, he’ll have to play ball and Bergevin will also need to realize that he can’t ask for the moon in a return because of how heavy the contract is. But this whole Price is unmovable thing that you see on this forum all the time is nothing more then a false fallacy.

Electricity

Aug 22, 2016
Louisville via St. P
Was it from having to continuously watching the team assembled in front of him? I hear it puts people into a trance-like state of lethargy.

Sorry if that one's been used before, I'm late.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
There is an old tv series title that says it all : Mission Impossible.
IMF team gets the job done but they are more intelligent than Canadiens head team.

I know that series. I used to watch it every week. Hehe. Martin Landau was a favorite actor of mine.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013

Ok but Gainey is the best GM we had since Serge Savard

Hes the one who drafted Pacioretty, Mcdonugh, and Captain Subban.
He also inspired the peeps in the locker to work harder. Kovalev thrived under his presence, 84 points. Pleckanec looked like a legit first liner.
Kostitsyn was good too.

I mean thats already 6 good things he did as a GM and theres more.

The only good thing that Bergevin did was to bring Vanek and Radulove thats all.

Bergevin is a terrible GM who overpaid for undeserving players and low balled those with a heart.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If Price wants to move, he’ll have to play ball and Bergevin will also need to realize that he can’t ask for the moon in a return because of how heavy the contract is. But this whole Price is unmovable thing that you see on this forum all the time is nothing more then a false fallacy.

We'd need to take back salary, for sure, but a lot of teams would crave him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Gainey tried so much he traded MacDonaugh for Gomez who had one so so year and then we had to buy him out. Gainey tried so much he traded picks and left us with 8 top 100 picks in 4 years of drafting with ranks almost dead last in the NHL.

I was a fan of Gainey but he failed towards the end and did not leave us in good hands other than 3 decent pieces in Price, Subban, Patch.

I actually support patience. That's where Bergevin screwed up over the last 2 seasons.

JSR 56

Dec 18, 2017
Montreal
Gainey tried so much he traded MacDonaugh for Gomez who had one so so year and then we had to buy him out. Gainey tried so much he traded picks and left us with 8 top 100 picks in 4 years of drafting with ranks almost dead last in the NHL.

I was a fan of Gainey but he failed towards the end and did not leave us in good hands other than 3 decent pieces in Price, Subban, Patch.

I actually support patience. That's where Bergevin screwed up over the last 2 seasons.
those 3 "decent" pieces are better than anything bergevin has done so far

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
those 3 "decent" pieces are better than anything bergevin has done so far

Disagree. We can't predict the future and we have a much better prospect pool today vs back in 2012 when Bergevin took the job. Not saying he has done a great job but he has not mortgaged the future which is important. His biggest problem is his off season moves in the last 2 off seasons. He is trending very badly and he knows his next moves are being carefully watched.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I know that series. I used to watch it every week. Hehe. Martin Landau was a favorite actor of mine.
Landau was the best actorc of that series. He was labelled to play on that serie with the story of his jewish parents escaping from nazis in Europ. Landau was also a roomate with James Dean when he was a young actor. He was married with Barbara Bain and they left the show when she got pregnant.

You can search what Peter Lupus did after the show, like what centerfold page he posed in the '70's, lol.
But the most funny after-career is Peter Graves as a weird sex deviant airplane pilot in Airplane, lol.

Last edited:

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013

Those 3 decent pieces are enough to allow you to rebuild almost instanly.

JSR 56

Dec 18, 2017
Montreal
Disagree. We can't predict the future and we have a much better prospect pool today vs back in 2012 when Bergevin took the job. Not saying he has done a great job but he has not mortgaged the future which is important.
let's just say i agree and it is better. its still not good enough. all i see are more 3rd liners coming in. we need top end players come in and not just fillers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad