Player Discussion Carey Price - Spring Savings Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Price is back on the ice this morning. Chariot was taking shots on him. Having these 2 back soon will help, in addition to Armia.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
563jgw.gif

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Can we fire Bergevin and make our new GM get Seattle to take Price? That would be lovely.
No, we can't.

I mean, we can do the former, but nobody in their right mind is taking Price off our hands.

Accepting this fact now will save us a lot of grief and pointless bickering down the road.

Reactions: Holystik

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
No, we can't.

I mean, we can do the former, but nobody in their right mind is taking Price off our hands.

Accepting this fact now will save us a lot of grief and pointless bickering down the road.
Going to be long 5 years with Carey Price's 10.5 million cap killer. He is barely starting NHL caliber goalie now. Only to get worse as he ages. Weber we can send down, I am sure he will retire instead of riding the buses. Where he is only scheduled to make a million final years of his contract. Byron and Drouin are movable. But Price has full NMC.

Reactions: cphabs

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
pretty sad he allows 3 goals on 13 shots, not a premier goalie's work. But to be fair the team was flat.
Yes and no.

I will not blame all the loses on Price. But it is pretty clear he is not up to par anymore. He should be able to salvage this team when they don't play good but he has not done it. Worse I have seen him giving up back breaking goals when the team are actually playing good. He is not a star player and he is more an average to below average goaltender paid as a franchise/dominant player.

Bergevin scewed up with this contract based on previous achievement and to save his ass. Now we are stuck with this dumb decision.

Reactions: Habano and Oryxo

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
So hurt again...

Any chance he can develop an "allergy" to his equipment?

Can't stop the puck anymore, has an albatross of a contract, can't stay healthy, about to turn 34 this year and things will probably only get worse. Waite talked about his broken down body.

But hey, only 5 more years left at 10.5 AAV.

tenor.gif

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
He's gonna be bought out sooner or later.
Easier said than done, his contract is buy-out proof. It's all signing bonus, saving maybe 1M a year of cap space. Which is really nothing as you have to pay another goalie to replace him.

sj315

Dec 5, 2017
Easier said than done, his contract is buy-out proof. It's all signing bonus, saving maybe 1M a year of cap space. Which is really nothing as you have to pay another goalie to replace him.
I agree, however if he's like this for another 2-3 years, 1M saving and 1 extra roster place still make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad