Player Discussion Carey Price - Spring Savings Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Haters please come back to this thread. Tell me again how Price was never good and has been garbage for his entire career because of a two-week bad stretch.

Reactions: ArtPeur and PhysicX

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Haters please come back to this thread. Tell me again how Price was never good and has been garbage for his entire career because of a two-week bad stretch.
Fans in emotionally turbocharged markets tend to forget there are ebbs & flows to a season because of their emotional investment, which is a marathon not a sprint....it’s only natural

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island

I've criticized Price in the past but I don't consider myself a hater for it... you disagree that he should be criticized when he has long periods of playing like ass? Are you arguing that his play has been beyond reproach this season and that his poor performance are everyone else's fault that is playing in front of him? As the best paid player on the team and best paid goalie in the league, its normal that he gets some flack when the team isn't performing.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I love Price and am one of his biggest supporters, but for $10.5M he needs to be the best goalie in the NHL every night. I’m glad to see he’s trending in the right direction. Also, who said this on this sub forum?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I've criticized Price in the past but I don't consider myself a hater for it... you disagree that he should be criticized when he has long periods of playing like ass? Are you arguing that his play has been beyond reproach this season and that his poor performance are everyone else's fault that is playing in front of him? As the best paid player on the team and best paid goalie in the league, its normal that he gets some flack when the team isn't performing.

By the sounds of it, you’re not one of the posters the person you’re quoting is directing the post too. There’s a fair amount of trolls on this site that show up in full force the moment Price hits a bad stretch then completely disappear off the face of the planet for a long amount of time until he starts struggling again. It’s rinse and repeat.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
By the sounds of it, you’re not one of the posters the person you’re quoting is directing the post too. There’s a fair amount of trolls on this site that show up in full force the moment Price hits a bad stretch then completely disappear off the face of the planet for a long amount of time until he starts struggling again. It’s rinse and repeat.
Fair enough but his post sounds just as one-sided/biased as the the posters he is criticizing... no point being either a hater or a pom-pom cheerleader who is blind to poor play.

Reactions: TheRealPrice

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The trolls hold Price to a different standard....all because of the $$$ but they don't whine about other guys on the team who make too much money for what they bring.
Then when he performs they say he is suppose to....lol They are the type of fans who love to see the guy fail, it's bizzarre. He has been the glue for years, while covering up some of the worst hab teams ever assembled.
He does have bad stretches, not unlike the rest of the team...it's not his fault he was offered that contract by an inept GM.
Glad to see him back on his game, but no worries if he has a bad one, they will be back giving us their 2 cents.
For the Habs to succeed they need Price to get on a roll, by playing a bit more than he has.....let's hope he has it in him.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Fair enough but his post sounds just as one-sided/biased as the the posters he is criticizing... no point being either a hater or a pom-pom cheerleader who is blind to poor play.

I don’t really see a bias to that post. He/she is calling out the fans with an agenda who want to discredit Price’s career every time he goes threw a slump. It’s not uncommon for goalies or players to go threw these stretches throughout a season. The problem is he has a magnifying glass on him everytime he does. He’s not doing himself any favours either I’ll admit when his bad stretches come at the beginning of seasons where the stats have a chance to look really bad due to a small sample size. If he has a rough few weeks in the middle of the season, it’s not as noticeable because he has a bigger work load to fall back on. Hopefully Sean Burke can fix that starting next season with helping him better prep in the offseason.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
Not sure where else to ask....any word if Price is in tomorrow?

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Not sure where else to ask....any word if Price is in tomorrow?

I don’t think we’ll know till tomorrow. With two games in less than 24 hours in the next couple of days I expect Allen to get one of the starts.

Reactions: jcbeze

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-3-9_20-32-18.png

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Looks better,but so has the D. But at least Price isn't losing his net so much, then again maybe the D is limiting quality chances. Kind of feel like I'm debating myself:dunce:

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Fans in emotionally turbocharged markets tend to forget there are ebbs & flows to a season because of their emotional investment, which is a marathon not a sprint....it’s only natural

Great post, and I agree. It's a long season and there is nothing in Carey's history to suggest he wouldn't rebound. Admittedly, I am an unapologetic Price fan, but that doesn't mean his play wasn't worth the criticism over that rough stretch. It was, he needed to be better, and he has been been lately and I hope it continues.

I've always believed that with him in nets we have a chance every year, and now with a team in front of him with this kind of potential you can't help but feel some excitement. And I'd much rather him go through that tough stretch now than during the playoffs.

Reactions: BLONG7

Mikah

Feb 19, 2018
No one ever said that Price has been garbage his whole career. This is just baiting. I think everyone agrees that he was really dominant from 2013-2017, which led to his contract. I think it is the $10.5M that triggers so many people. At that price, you expect a game changer and a franchise player, and in the last 4 years, Price has been below the average compared to other starter goalies.

That being said, this is nothing surprising. His stats shows that he peaked from 26-29 yrs old, and that he has been on the decline since then. I don't think this is shocking to anyone. If you follow the curve of most players, that sounds about right. What is shocking is those who thinks that a player will rebound at 34 yrs old, after 4 years of steady decline. Of course he will show some sparks of his past here and there, but overall, that decline will continue. Just like what we see with Corey Perry. You would have to be delusional to think he will have another season like he had between 2013-2017.

I don't want to sound like a Price hater. I think we just have to be realistic about the expectations.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
No one ever said that Price has been garbage his whole career. This is just baiting. I think everyone agrees that he was really dominant from 2013-2017, which led to his contract. I think it is the $10.5M that triggers so many people. At that price, you expect a game changer and a franchise player, and in the last 4 years, Price has been below the average compared to other starter goalies.

That being said, this is nothing surprising. His stats shows that he peaked from 26-29 yrs old, and that he has been on the decline since then. I don't think this is shocking to anyone. If you follow the curve of most players, that sounds about right. What is shocking is those who thinks that a player will rebound at 34 yrs old, after 4 years of steady decline. Of course he will show some sparks of his past here and there, but overall, that decline will continue. Just like what we see with Corey Perry. You would have to be delusional to think he will have another season like he had between 2013-2017.

I don't want to sound like a Price hater. I think we just have to be realistic about the expectations.
Some good points, but expecting a goalie to make the 24th place team relevant seems bizzarre. Expectations of the TEAM have been horrible...yet Price is held to a different standard?
The team has been awful, and when we got decent results, the teams shortcomings were covered over by a very good goalie.
Laying it all at the feet of our goalie is wrong...year in year out. He has to play well, but the team needs to be better, this is the first year in probably 10 years, Price has a decent team out in front of him, on that can actually score him some goals.
His salary always comes up, and that's not on him, but the clown that offered him the deal.
We rarely talk about Drouin and his 5.5M waste of money, and pi$$ poor offense he provides?

Reactions: habsfan891
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad