Player Discussion Carey Price - Spring Savings Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
So what happened to the Prince last night?

tenor.gif

Reactions: Habano and Habs

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
If for some magical reason the Habs would protect Allen instead do you think Seattle would pick Price.OF course this is if Price lifts his NMC

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Probably from the shot he took off the head in the first period. I don't think that bump from Chiasson was how he got hurt.

I read somewhere Allen was told to start stretching the final 5-6 minutes before the period ended which means it was on the collision in the crease.

Reactions: Pickles

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That bump could’ve caused whiplash and concussion symptoms

That's what's being reported - he has a concussion.

How people are ragging on Price for getting concussed by a reckless play by the opposition in a league that just doesn't protect goalies, is beyond me. If the league wanted to eliminate headshots it wouldn't let reckless headshots that benefit a team go unpunished. But it does.

Reactions: Pickles and thewall

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Don't hate the playa, hate the game homie.

I sure hate the NHL for allowing players to deliver reckless blind side headshots with impunity...

I guess the NHL loves the publicity as they never fail to make the highlights on sports shows...

They're our sports version of crashes in racing that sometimes kill poeple. Could be worse I guess. Oh well, at least they still make the highlights.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I sure hate the NHL for allowing players to deliver reckless blind side headshots with impunity...

I guess the NHL loves the publicity as they never fail to make the highlights on sports shows...

They're our sports version of crashes in racing that sometimes kill poeple. Could be worse I guess. Oh well, at least they still make the highlights.
To be honest pretty much everybody last night when the goal was refused was thinking that Price head got bumped that hard , Chiasson did not ram him neither . The fact he even finished the period and had a nice save on Draisailt later on.

Nobody knew what was the problem until 1hour ago. I think that since Price did not like ''solidify'' his body for impact when Chiasson hit him , is probably the reason why it happened.

But still goalies are never protected and our d-squad last night should have jumped on Chiasson after 4-5 times hitting Allen.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Probably from the shot he took off the head in the first period. I don't think that bump from Chiasson was how he got hurt.
His neck snapped back and to the side on that hit. Even if it's not a concussion, it's going to hurt the neck. Better to just sit him if they have any doubts.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
To be honest pretty much everybody last night when the goal was refused was thinking that Price head got bumped that hard , Chiasson did not ram him neither . The fact he even finished the period and had a nice save on Draisailt later on.

Nobody knew what was the problem until 1hour ago. I think that since Price did not like ''solidify'' his body for impact when Chiasson hit him , is probably the reason why it happened.

But still goalies are never protected and our d-squad last night should have jumped on Chiasson after 4-5 times hitting Allen.

True, but when Price was rammed by Kreider he either finished the period or finished the game - I don't recall exactly.

So, that he finished the period told me nothing about whether or not he was injured. I was disappointed he had been injured and wasn't out for the 2nd period, but had been wondering during the intermission if he would be.

Also for the injury he just came back from, he stayed in the game he got hurt in. Someone needs to check on him the moment he gets injured in the future. Staying in can aggravate the injury and lead to a longer absence.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Can price's contract be bought out?
Buying it out does nothing for us. Any goalie is going to drown behind that D.

For all the "Allen is awesome" posts we've seen, his save percentage since taking over the starter's role is .899.

And btw, I think he's played well. It's not a criticism of Allen. It's what we've seen for years from our goalies. Last season Price put up .909. Seems like a very pedestrian number. But when you factor in how much he was used down the stretch and what he's playing behind it's pretty damn good.

Buying out Price means we'd pay half of what he's owed. Then we'd have to get a goalie for the other half... it makes zero sense.

Fix the back end, you fix the problem.

The posts in here on his injury, including yours, were embarrassing.

Reactions: Shabs

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
That's what's being reported - he has a concussion.

How people are ragging on Price for getting concussed by a reckless play by the opposition in a league that just doesn't protect goalies, is beyond me. If the league wanted to eliminate headshots it wouldn't let reckless headshots that benefit a team go unpunished. But it does.
I don't think it was deliberate. Only way to stop this from happening would be to punish for stuff like this though. Then people are going to be more careful of having an accident with goalies out there.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think it was deliberate. Only way to stop this from happening would be to punish for stuff like this though. Then people are going to be more careful of having an accident with goalies out there.

Yes, I agree. That's why I call this reckless. It could have been avoided if the player bothered to be careful that it may happen instead of not watching that he was skating right into the crease.

Players of his ilk are taught to disturb the goalie. I have little doubt that he would be happy to run into Price in any way that didn't draw a penalty. What he felt guilty about afterwards was costing his team a goal.

And that the refs didn't even call it a penalty even though they were looking right at it says all we need to know about the way they're trained.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Nobody decided to do anything about it and they let the Oilers have a free night. If they don't care, I don't care. My new policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad