Player Discussion Carey Price - Rehab Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Hey Toenails, is that you?

I had a hard time imagining Therrien as a cat and guitar loving guy, but after a bit of digging, I think you might be unto something:

Adobe-20221112-180013.jpg

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
100% first ballot

Price had the misfortune to be in the worst patch in the team's long history but we had a really f***ing good goalie in our hands all this time
That will happen but it's not a reason to bash all the other players in this period of time. Some players were not HOF stuff but they did played the best as they can, with their limited talent. Bash them, that's not cool for them. This is just my two cents, take it or don't take it. Cheers.

Reactions: rve24

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
100% first ballot

Price had the misfortune to be in the worst patch in the team's long history but we had a really f***ing good goalie in our hands all this time
I think he’s first ballot. But we’ll see.

Definitely a lock for the HOF though. He was legit the best player in the league for a short period. If he’d been healthy in 15/16 it would have been four straight insane years. He was well on his way to another MVP that season. And he was money in the playoffs too. There’s no question he’s a HOFer.

Last edited:

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I think he’s first ballot. But we’ll see.

Definitely a lock for the HOF though. He was legit the best player in the league for a short period. If he’d been healthy in 25/26 it would have been four straight insane years. He was well on his way to another MVP that season. And he was money in the playoffs too. There’s no question he’s a HOFer.

I also think he’s a 1st ballot. He was the best goalie in the league for a while. Has a Hart trophy, Lindsay, Vezina.

He’s also got a WJC, Olympic, and World Cup of Hockey gold medal. He was named tournament MVP in 2007 and best goalie in 2014.

He’s 16-0 in those tournaments with 5 shutouts and he only let in 17 goals. That includes 2 shutouts in the final 2 Olympic Games, with Canada beating the USA 1-0, then Sweden 3-0 for the gold.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
I also think he’s a 1st ballot. He was the best goalie in the league for a while. Has a Hart trophy, Lindsay, Vezina.

He’s also got a WJC, Olympic, and World Cup of Hockey gold medal. He was named tournament MVP in 2007 and best goalie in 2014.

He’s 16-0 in those tournaments with 5 shutouts and he only let in 17 goals. That includes 2 shutouts in the final 2 Olympic Games, with Canada beating the USA 1-0, then Sweden 3-0 for the gold.

B-b-b-ut anyone could backstop that team to Olympic gold!!!

(Pronger - MacInnis
Stevens - Blake
Bourque - Foote

Roy…

4th Place)

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Intimidation. Clear and simple. Do I live in a freedom of speech country? Did I wrote hatrous speech? Did I crossed a line? I want excuses.

I think he will be but that doesn't mean anything in this thread. Let's not give too much importance to the HOF.
Price should change his spelling of his last name to Prix and you would love him!! LOL

Cheers!

HOF? Price?

No.
From my point of view, easy easy yes.
All good just my 2 cents.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
HOF? Price?

No.
Absurd answer.

How many best player in the world for a period of more than 15 months are not in the Hall?

None.

How many vezina winners are not in the hall? Like two?

How many hart winners are not in the hall? One.

How many Lester winners are not in the Hall? None.

How many players with more than one major award are not in the hall? Two? With three? One.

Carey is a first ballot HOFer, put some respect on the best Habs player since Lafleur.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
B-b-b-ut anyone could backstop that team to Olympic gold!!!

(Pronger - MacInnis
Stevens - Blake
Bourque - Foote

Roy…

4th Place)
He was our best player in that tournament. For whatever reason we just couldn’t score that year. I remember it was really close with like Kazakhstan or something in the first round because we couldn’t get a puck past them. :laugh:

Reactions: the valiant effort

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
We can enjoy the new team, we now have a real GM to steer the ship.................but seriously taking shots at The Man who carried the franchise around on his back for years, is just going to get you attention you don't want, so don't do it......you say keep a distance and then bring up his alcohol addiction?
Can't wait for Price to head to the Hall of Fame!!!
That will be well deserved and unfortunately people will slag the guy, which will at that point just be hilarious, but right now, it's terrible, and people should as you say, just keep their distance.
People are allowed to have an opinion different than yours, crazy, isn't it?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
What are you trying to say? Price is better than Roy now, lmao. Don't think so Tim.
No............I think he just dispelled the notion, that anyone can win a gold medal with Team Canada...........because we know, not everyone can.......
You know the guys, who say stupid crap like wow.........even I could win a gold medal with that team in front of me....

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
No............I think he just dispelled the notion, that anyone can win a gold medal with Team Canada...........because we know, not everyone can.......
You know the guys, who say stupid crap like wow.........even I could win a gold medal with that team in front of me....
Or maybe, Roy’s team wasn’t as good.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I love it.

Teams mean nothing when comparing Roy and Price. Unless of course we're talking about Team Canada.... then Roy is at a disadvantage and it's "not the same thing."

:laugh:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I love it.

Teams mean nothing when comparing Roy and Price. Unless of course we're talking about Team Canada.... then Roy is at a disadvantage and it's "not the same thing."

From memory, I think the squad around Price was just flawless in term of style played, coaching and the opposition we faced. I remember thinking they are impossible to beat. For example Russian teams from the past were very well crafted and organized whereas during the Price era, Russians were very highly talented squads but had next to no systems and questionable coaching. They were playing like headless chicken and basically beating themselves. Of course Price was a big reason why Team Canada was invincible as well. It was just a perfect storm of coaching, system, players, goal tending, etc...and no other teams was at their level.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
From memory, I think the squad around Price was just flawless in term of style played, coaching and the opposition we faced. I remember thinking they are impossible to beat. For example Russian teams from the past were very well crafted and organized whereas during the Price era, Russians were very highly talented squads but had next to no systems and questionable coaching. They were playing like headless chicken and basically beating themselves. Of course Price was a big reason why Team Canada was invincible as well. It was just a perfect storm of coaching, system, players, goal tending, etc...and no other teams was at their level.
Canada always puts together a great team and that year was no exception.

It was crazy though, they couldn't seem to score. Even in the preliminary rounds we seemed to have a tough time of it. One game against Kahazakistan or something it was getting down the wire late in the game... :laugh: We beat the US 1-0. It was really really tight. And we had to go through Rask, Lundqvist, Quick to do it. Not an easy task by any stretch.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
It truly is hilarious.
I love it.

I love it, the biggest Price homer trying to compare Roy and Price on two different teams and acting life because they are both Team Canada that they are the same. If the poster wasn’t trying to insinuate Price is better than Roy by using the comparison then what exactly was he trying to do?

Roy >>>>>> Price and team Canada is never going to change that. I know this might be hard for his fan club to accept, but too bad. It will always be true.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
What are you trying to say? Price is better than Roy now, lmao. Don't think so Tim.
I feel like Price at his best is better than Roy. I say this as someone who worshipped Roy as a child and is a little ho hum on Price in a sense. But I'm not really disagreeing here.

Roy was pretty damn consistent though from what I remember. He did generally have the benefit of better teams too. Price was too inconsistent. But again it's hard to really judge the two with the disparity of the calibre of their respective teams. Those Roy Hab teams, though unremarkable were usually rock solid from top to bottom. Can't say the same for Price.

It was like watching Vasilevsky with TB at least a couple years back. It's too hard to say whether Vasi was really the best goalie. The team in front of him was tremendous. Especially the D core. It's a bit different cuz Roy never had a team as a Hab that was anywhere near as stacked as that TB team but he had the benefit of some very solid D cores.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I love it, the biggest Price homer trying to compare Roy and Price on two different teams and acting life because they are both Team Canada that they are the same. If the poster wasn’t trying to insinuate Price is better than Roy by using the comparison then what exactly was he trying to do?

Roy >>>>>> Price and team Canada is never going to change that. I know this might be hard for his fan club to accept, but too bad. It will always be true.
Says you...........................opinions are just that, remember.
Cheers.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Tell us again how we saved Price from losing us the Vegas series… :laugh:

Be consistent. Either the teams they play behind matter or they don’t. The fact that you dismiss it entirely except when talking about Team Canada tells us all we need to know. It’s a hilarious contradiction on your part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad