Player Discussion Carey Price - Rehab Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I am avid hunter, believe his thoughts. But can't believe Carey lived in Montreal all those years and didn't know about the shootings there

The Canadiens corrected the first statement saying he didn't know about it, now implying he knew.

Even Carey in his Twitter statement only said he didn't know about CCFR's promo code "POLY".

Last edited:
Reactions: SquidNasty

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
So using the promo code POLY would have been ok if this was July? The date is meaningless.
I’m talking about December 6th. People are hung up on Carey forgetting the date which is perfectly human. Hell I forget birthdays. The promo code is heartless and disgusting and shouldn’t be used on any date

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
He supports hunting and that it. Now the media is using the shooting as a political tool which is far more disgusting. Anyway I’m out

What's even more absurd is that the gun he has in his Instagram pic will still be legal.

He chose to be the spokesperson for a shady organization. Now he has to deal with the aftermath of his questionable decision.

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
I’m talking about December 6th. People are hung up on Carey forgetting the date which is perfectly human. Hell I forget birthdays. The promo code is heartless and disgusting and shouldn’t be used on any date
Nobody seems to be hung up on that, it is about him supporting a gang of twats that think using the promo code POLY is funny. The fact he decided the go full Theo Fleury days before the anniversary just magnifies how little he looked into any of this before pulling a Jamie Sale double salchow.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Nobody seems to be hung up on that, it is about him supporting a gang of twats that think using the promo code POLY is funny. The fact he decided the go full Theo Fleury days before the anniversary just magnifies how little he looked into any of this before pulling a Jamie Sale double salchow.
When did he say he supported the promo code? You’re literally defaming him lol. People make mistakes dude

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
original_test.png

Reactions: SergeConstantin74

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
This.

If these players didn't understand the first time, maybe an example like this will help.

I don't see any problem with what Joel said.

Carey is getting the royal pitchfork treating. Joel is just reaffirming that his intent was genuine.

All i see instead is an angry twitter lady blowing things even more out of proportion than they already are.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
What's even more absurd is that the gun he has in his Instagram pic will still be legal.

He chose to be the spokesperson for a shady organization. Now he has to deal with the aftermath of his questionable decision.
Apparently it’s going to be banned (his gun). I hate guns unless it’s used to feed your family

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
When you have a platform as big as Price has and you want to use it for good, you better bone up on how without ruining your image or you end up looking like an idiot. "We just wanna shoot our guns and kill shit. We have rights too". I thought he was smarter than that. I can't believe having lived there for so long and not knowing about it. Don't players have room in their heads for anything besides hockey and puck bunnies?

He does not need to shoot or kill anything when he makes that much income. Indigenous or not. Killing for fun means you're sick.

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
It’s documented look it up lol it’s being plastered everywhere

The Office of Public Safety Secretary Marco Mendicino wants to “set the record straight” on Bill C-21 by first clarifying that the gun photographed with Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price will remain legal. He incidentally demands an apology from the CCFR, a pro-gun group, for exploiting the Polytechnique tragedy.

Garry Valk

Feb 27, 2002
thedrivefortwentyfive.blogspot.com
I don't see any problem with what Joel said.

Carey is getting the royal pitchfork treating. Joel is just reaffirming that his intent was genuine.

All i see instead is an angry twitter lady blowing things even more out of proportion than they already are.
Perhaps she’s angry because people are making the mass murder of 14 women in her city out to be some minor historical issue?

Apparently it’s going to be banned (his gun). I hate guns unless it’s used to feed your family
His gun in the photo isn’t being banned.

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
One thing I haven’t seen mentioned: there’s no way the “POLY” promo code was in reference to the massacre right? That would be unfathomable.

Also are they saying he didn’t know about the promo code or didn’t know about the massacre?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
One thing I haven’t seen mentioned: there’s no way the “POLY” promo code was in reference to the massacre right? That would be unfathomable.

Also are they saying he didn’t know about the promo code or didn’t know about the massacre?

It was meant as being against PolySeSouvient/PolyRemembers which is a group of students and former students of the school that advocates for better gun control.

So yes, the POLY promo code was about the massacre in a way.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Well RIP to his jersey ever going to the rafters now. He's public enemy number one! Didn't take long for the media to shit on him.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
I feel this is more about disappointment than anything else. However, I’ve seen sports media defending him so far.

I've seen a lot of ''he was my hero... I'm so disappointed...'' like jeez, it's all it took? Maybe they should lower their expectations a little bit!

Reactions: the
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad