Player Discussion Carey Price: Longest Tenured Hab

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Julien said yesterday that Price is still at home and he's getting better.Doubt he would have said that if he knew Price's season was over. (Granted, with the Habs you never know....but still)

it's not like they haven't done that in the past 2 years...

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Other two goalies are still practicing and up so this is probably a practice to test it out, but it's way better than radio silence and him not skating at all.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

This is so odd...why even risk it if it's at the point where he has to see how he feels tomorrow morning?

Take another few days...what's the rush or why are they so inclined to risk further damage to whatever is bothering him?

I'm not big on habs conspiracies...but this one is just weird.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
So this is still a lingering issue?

They’re likely going to ride him hard the second half of the season. He may have had a lingering issue but I think they decided giving him a week off with his family to rest mentally was more beneficial for the team moving forward. I didn’t really buy the story when it was first reported but I don’t disagree with their decision if that is what happened.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
They’re likely going to ride him hard the second half of the season. He may have had a lingering issue but I think they decided giving him a week off with his family and to rest mentally was more beneficial for the team in the moving forward. I didn’t really buy the story when it was first reported but I don’t disagree with their decision if that is what happened.
This has been bothering him for 7 weeks...a time period in which the team knew about it but chose to play him in 2 sets of back to back games...

He's admittedly not back to 100%...yet they're still in a rush to start him tomorrow.

What am I missing here?

Reactions: ArtPeur

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
This has been bothering him for 7 weeks...a time period in which the team knew about it but chose to play him in 2 sets of back to back games...

He's admittedly not back to 100%...yet they're still in a rush to start him tomorrow.

What am I missing here?

Look at the dates he left practice and when his wife delivered. Then look at how he’s ready to go as soon as they’re back in Montreal. You aren’t missing anything. You’re just not being told something. I called this a week ago.

Reactions: ArtPeur

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
With Price back how many games do you think CJ plays him?

42 games left I think Price gets at least 32 starts, and I can see 35. Habs will be fighting for their playoff lives down the stretch and I see CJ leaning on Price big time.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Look at the dates he left practice and when his wife delivered. Then look at how he’s ready to go as soon as they’re back in Montreal. You aren’t missing anything. You’re just not being told something. I called this a week ago.
But they said it's been bothering him for 7 weeks...this pre-dates the birth of his child.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
They said they were going to communicate more. Never said anything about telling the truth.
If they're lying and they're just covering for him being home with his newborn, I understand it. 95% of the fanbase would have a reasonable reaction to the truth: "Take your time Carey. Be with you wife and newborn, and come back when the team gets back home." The other 5% are vocal and irrational whackos. "WHY ISN'T HE PLAYING AGAINST FLORIDA??!?!? WE'RE IN A PLAYOFF RACE!!! HE'S MAKING 10.5 MILLION A YEAR!!" blahhh blahh blah.

Jul 6, 2016
If they're lying and they're just covering for him being home with his newborn, I understand it. 95% of the fanbase would have a reasonable reaction to the truth: "Take your time Carey. Be with you wife and newborn, and come back when the team gets back home." The other 5% are vocal and irrational whackos. "WHY ISN'T HE PLAYING AGAINST FLORIDA??!?!? WE'RE IN A PLAYOFF RACE!!! HE'S MAKING 10.5 MILLION A YEAR!!" blahhh blahh blah.

Every player (almost) are having day(s) off when their wives are having babies. If he was not injured, he would had be with the team in TB and Dallas for sure. He is suffering for sure. Just happened, the timing looks bad for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad