Player Discussion Carey Price: Longest Tenured Hab

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Actually, I see absolutely no upside for anyone to use the injury as a cover-up.

I mean... For ****'s sakes, his wife is giving birth. It's not like he's missing some time because he's ... I dunno, gone fishing on the Emerald Coast.

Well, I don't know. I mean he could be using the injury to cover for the newborn and the newborn to cover for the fishing trip. :sarcasm::naughty:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
LBI wins by KO

Hockey Card Investor: When are u going to start playing for the habs again “lower body injury” my ass. You get paid $11 million a year to miss games and have babies. I'm telling u last night we should've won against Tampa but guess who wasn't there u. Congrats on having a baby but when the season is here stick to hockey please.

Angela Price: Friend you are only making your self look like an ass with this comment, you have no idea what are you talking about.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
LBI wins by KO

Hockey Card Investor: When are u going to start playing for the habs again “lower body injury” my ass. You get paid $11 million a year to miss games and have babies. I'm telling u last night we should've won against Tampa but guess who wasn't there u. Congrats on having a baby but when the season is here stick to hockey please.

Angela Price: Friend you are only making your self look like an ass with this comment, you have no idea what are you talking about.

We’re probably going to need him to play 60+ games this season. If he is in fact back on Thursday, a week break at the mid way point of the season is likely beneficial to us.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You said we'd be a top team with better goal tending. Sure we'd be slightly better , but top team? Not with that defense and those special teams.​
You don't think we'd be a top team? We're 12th in the league - just 5 points behind 3rd and 7 points behind 2nd.

You don't think we could have grabbed even 3 or 5 extra points with slightly better goaltending?

Reactions: Genesis76

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You don't think we'd be a top team? We're 12th in the league - just 5 points behind 3rd and 7 points behind 2nd.

You don't think we could have grabbed even 3 or 5 extra points with slightly better goaltending?

No but i think we could have 3 or 5 more points if we had an NHL defensive and not playing guys like Ouellet, Alzner, Schlemko to start the season.(Not much better right now)

I also think we would have more W with a PP that is not 29th in the NHL and a PK that is not 27th in the NHL.

Fix this to begin with, then we'll talk about goaltending.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015

Also 1 pt into a wild card spot. I still don't think goaltending's the story of the season. Their bigger problems are the D and special teams, especially power play. Although Niemi had a very good game last night having an inadequate back up is a serious problem.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
No but i think we could have 3 or 5 more points if we had an NHL defensive and not playing guys like Ouellet, Alzner, Schlemko to start the season.(Not much better right now)

I also think we would have more W with a PP that is not 29th in the NHL and a PK that is not 27th in the NHL.

Fix this to begin with, then we'll talk about goaltending.

First things first, both goalies are outside the top 31.

Secondly, logistically its much easier to fix one problem than multiple problems at the same time.

Thirdly, fixing the G position would automaticly fix the issues you mentioned.

Every road leads to rome but for some reason we rather stay in the moutains.

Reactions: Natey

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
First things first, both goalies are outside the top 31.

Secondly, logistically its much easier to fix one problem than multiple problems at the same time.

Thirdly, fixing the G position would automaticly fix the issues you mentioned.

Every road leads to rome but for some reason we rather stay in the moutains.

So having better goaltending will fix the Powerplay?
It will help the defensive squad to not create shitloads of turnovers in their zones?

I think it's the other way around. Add a good D-men that can move the puck and not be a turnover machine in his zone will help the PP, the PK and the goaltending....just like Weber improve goaltending since he's back.

Since i know, stats is very important to you:
In December (So basically since Weber is back) if a i look at all starters (Goalies that start at least 8 games which gives us 29 goalies) Price ended the month at:

.916 which is good for the 7th place
2.42 GAA which is good for 5th place

And that's with either Mete, Schlemko or Kulak on 1st and 2nd pairing.......but with Weber in the line-up.
So added a good d-men helped Price and adding another one will also help (Even if it's not a Weber type of player)

Reactions: BLONG7 and Forum93

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
It will help the defensive squad to not create ****loads of turnovers in their zones?

I think it's the other way around. Add a good D-men that can move the puck and not be a turnover machine in his zone will help the PP, the PK and the goaltending....just like Weber improve goaltending since he's back.

In December (So basically since Weber is back) if a i look at all starters (Goalies that start at least 8 games which gives us 29 goalies) Price ended the month at:

And that's with either Mete, Schlemko or Kulak on 1st and 2nd pairing.......but with Weber in the line-up.
So added a good d-men helped Price and adding another one will also help (Even if it's not a Weber type of player)

Could also very well be a coincidence. 2015 they said we missed the playoffs because Carey was injured. We had like a 13-1-1 record and we missed the playoffs.....

So if i go by MB’s logic a better goalie would automaticly make us a cotending team since we’re doing just fine with crap goaltending.

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
Ok all this is very scary. You guys do realize this is a game. Its just for fun right ? Wowza

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It will help the defensive squad to not create ****loads of turnovers in their zones?

Good post...the is just no talking to some on here, if what you say doesn't fit their agenda. The saying on HF is haters gonna hate!! lol
We have a few on here, that take themselves way too seriously. It's true.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Could also very well be a coincidence. 2015 they said we missed the playoffs because Carey was injured. We had like a 13-1-1 record and we missed the playoffs.....

So if i go by MB’s logic a better goalie would automaticly make us a cotending team since we’re doing just fine with crap goaltending.

Being 5th an 7th in December isn't crap goaltending but top 10 goaltending.....at least for that month. Could be coincidence but i doubt it since i kept saying to you (and others) to wait for Weber's return before making a long term decision on Price. ....so far, so good.

And as for 2015...Subban - Markov - Petry - Emelin. That was our top 4 D and it was set.
Not perfect but at least i could name them. It wasn't debatable that these are Habs Top 4 D.
Price was also putting "best in the world" stats.

For the last year, i could only name Petry. Can't even name you who was consider #2 since it change from game to game. Right now, i still only can name you Weber and Petry. Bring that to at least 3 D that we can say they are lock as top 4 D and see how goaltending respond.

You like to bring up the Bruins. Chara - McAvoy - Krug - Carlo. When healthy, Not debatable.
Pittsburgh: Letang - Dumoulin - Maata - Schultz. Not debatable
Nashville : Subban - Josi - Ellis - Ekholm. No debatable.
Florida : Ekblad - Yandle - Matheson. Not Debatable.
Los Angeles: Doughty - Muzzin - Martinez. Not debabtable
Calgary: Giordano - Hamonic - Hanifin - Brodie. Not debatable
Most teams have at least 3, good teams have 4.....Habs have had 2 for the last month, it was 1 before.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
hockey_card_investor

TxRcqGw.png

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
i know it's a random ass source but, Olivier Primeau, the beach club owner says he has very credible sources that says Price is injured to the knee, had injection for pain relief in his 300th victory and theres high probability he doesn't come back this season, he says he can't wait for it to happen so the haters that says he's speculating are wrong.

i honestely wouldn't doubt this guy could has some source around.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

apply that to other teams or just the habs?

So easy to "what if" any team up the standings........ or down.

Last edited:

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
i know it's a random ass source but, Olivier Primeau, the beach club owner says he has very credible sources that says Price is injured to the knee, had injection for pain relief in his 300th victory and theres high probability he doesn't come back this season, he says he can't wait for it to happen so the haters that says he's speculating are wrong.

If I have to guess, I'd say he hurt his left knee when Tkachuk tripped him and the Ottawa goal was allowed to stand. At the time I thought, oh no here we go again, hope I'm wrong.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
If I have to guess, I'd say he hurt his left knee when Tkachuk tripped him and the Ottawa goal was allowed to stand. At the time I thought, oh no here we go again, hope I'm wrong.
nah for sure, thats what i think too, on the post when he fell

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Well what a dickish thing to want to have happen.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Julien said yesterday that Price is still at home and he's getting better.Doubt he would have said that if he knew Price's season was over. (Granted, with the Habs you never know....but still)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->