Confirmed Trade: [CAR/MIN] Nino Niederreiter for Victor Rask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Going on like the 5th year this has been said.

More like second. People have said "the Canes will be good in a few years" but they've realistically been pegged at middle/bottom of the league for a while. Nice try inciting arguments though.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
More like second. People have said "the Canes will be good in a few years" but they've realistically been pegged at middle/bottom of the league for a while. Nice try inciting arguments though.

I guess I stand corrected. Thanks for the insight.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I am asking because although Clutter is far from Nino talent wise, he is a role-player and does a good job for us as a checking defensive forward

From the sounds of it Rask is a top six player but lacks the talent to actually put up points. Reminds me of Ryan Strome

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I've seen this scenario before with Seguin Eriksson trade. People in minny will look at rask as always the one who gave up a stud like nino. Rask will be sent packing in a year or two. Very unfortunate. Fenten lost big here.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Which is worse

Clutterbuck for Nino, or Rask for Nino?
Clutterbuck is a squad player and still with the organisation, wheras Rask was scratched yesterday. Both are bad but you be the judge over which is the worst. I don't think either Fenton or Snow had much of a market to deal with, which begs the question why they felt forced to deal him in the first place.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I mean Lindy has 66 pts. Love ferly and all, but if he's walking at the end of the year, that hurts.

Maybe. You are forgetting a couple things though.

1) Adam Fox. I realize he still has to sign, but the IMO, the difference between Lindy being signed for 5 years and Ferland being a UFA is a top prospect like Fox. And before you say "But Fox wasn't going to sign with us anyway", he still holds value in a deal. IF he does sign in in Carolina, holds even more value to them.

2) I liked Lindy a lot, but I'd also contend that there is no chance that Lindy is the same player he is in Calgary if he stayed in Carolina. Obviously no way to prove it, but we've got 5 years of data that says otherwise.

No doubt the early returns favor the Flames, but assuming that Lindholm would have the same production in Carolina is flawed, as is not waiting to see what happens with Fox.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Maybe there is more to this trade than meets the eye. Maybe there was an internal locker room issue?

I dunno, seems pretty dumb if it isn't something dire.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Calgary trade is in the realm of a realistic trade that came out favoring one side. Rask/Nino and Skinner/Pu trades are robberies.

If the Skinner trade was a 1st (even if it was ST. Louis's or SJ's) or a better prospect than Pu (a 2nd+3rd + good prospect), I'd have been 100% fine with it. Hard to get a fair deal though when there is only 1-2 teams to deal with. There's no way the Canes were re-signing Skinner so they had to get something for him.

Reactions: SvechneJerk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad