Confirmed Trade: [CAR/MIN] Nino Niederreiter for Victor Rask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Anyone else find these two teams very similar. Often on the bubble...making the playoffs here and there but cant get over that hump.

Not even remotely similar. Canes haven't made the playoffs in 10 years. The Wild have made the playoffs the last 6 seasons in a row. Minnesota is a veteran team that signed some key players via free agency where-as the Canes are a very young team that until this year, barely dipped into free agency.

EDIT: others beat me to it.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Why does Minnesota insist on being this way. I’m never going to see a really good wild team in my life. I can’t think of one single wild team that was ever seriously considered a contender (except for maybe the 2016-2017 team that lost in 5 games in the 1st round).

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Neiderrieter has been amazing with the Canes, he and Aho play well together. Neiderrieter is an excellent 2 way player with good instincts and can finish. Total fleece job by the Canes.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I guarantee you Rask will be a different player under his utilization in Minnesota with Boudreau.. In fact he has the skillset and head to be a good player under the right system, coach, and with the right opportunity, I think for sure he's getting 2/3 and there's a good chance he'll flourish in Minnesota.

What do I get if your guarantee is wrong?

If I'm right you quit Hfboards, if I'm wrong I quit hfboards. Want to sack up?

Define exactly what a "different player" means. He's a 39 pt per 82 games player over his career. That pace would be 16 or 17 pts for the remainder of the season in MINN. How many points is "different". 20? 25? 30? Or do you mean to judge by something other than points. Be specific.

Funny that guy never got back to me. Wish he would've "sacked up" on this one.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
At this point, who is still arguing that the Canes didn’t win this trade?
we didn't even score a moral victory. until he does something like a series winning goal...then we'll call it equitable. lol "until".

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
As I mentioned on the day this trade was made, this is "Eberle for Strome" all over again, maybe even worse than that as Nino is a much more complete player than Eberle.

Reactions: Satan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad