Confirmed Trade: [CAR/MIN] Nino Niederreiter for Victor Rask

Status
Not open for further replies.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
Looks great for the Canes at the moment.

I am reminded of when the Wild traded Benoit Pouliot for Guillaume Latendresse: the latter exploded in Minnesota, 25 goals in 55 games, and it looked like the Wild had finally found their power forward. Injuries and concussion limited him to 54 games over the next 3 seasons, then he was done. Pouliot went on to be a serviceable bottom 6 forward for the next 8 seasons.

To be revisited....

I will say, the only thing more painful for a Wild fan than watching Nino pot another wrister is listening to the Canes announcer call him El Neeno: even Chris Farley could pronounce Niño.

Reactions: BlackBusa24

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
It was easy as pie . Hold on to nino on trade deadline till 3 pm. I bet my left ...
He would have gotten more then v.rask. anybody without a hockey background would have done this. Don't know why the urgency and panic of trading him so soon and not fielding offers?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It was easy as pie . Hold on to nino on trade deadline till 3 pm. I bet my left ...
He would have gotten more then v.rask. anybody without a hockey background would have done this. Don't know why the urgency and panic of trading him so soon and not fielding offers?
$5.5m for 3 more years is a lot of contract to move at the deadline. If no one was offering more than Rask a month ago it's unlikely they would have offered more a week from now.

Before the draft was the time to wait for.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Looks great for the Canes at the moment.

I am reminded of when the Wild traded Benoit Pouliot for Guillaume Latendresse: the latter exploded in Minnesota, 25 goals in 55 games, and it looked like the Wild had finally found their power forward. Injuries and concussion limited him to 54 games over the next 3 seasons, then he was done. Pouliot went on to be a serviceable bottom 6 forward for the next 8 seasons.

To be revisited....

I will say, the only thing more painful for a Wild fan than watching Nino pot another wrister is listening to the Canes announcer call him El Neeno: even Chris Farley could pronounce Niño.
Actually his name is pronounced Neeno.
Otherwise you would spell him Niño, not Nino.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
$5.5m for 3 more years is a lot of contract to move at the deadline. If no one was offering more than Rask a month ago it's unlikely they would have offered more a week from now.

Before the draft was the time to wait for.
If that's the case hold firm don't trade and if you want to for rask you say at least a 2nd round pick included jeez. It wasn't hard. This deal was done in some sort of knee jerk reaction.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
lol everyone saw this as horrendous for Wild except the Wild themselves. Banter franchise.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Wild sold low and paid the price - Booo!

El Niño >> El Nino. Canes announcer sounds like a dumbass.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
With the crap we took for the Nino/Clutterbuck trade (especially from Minnesota fans). I hope this stays up forever. The semi good news is, we still have Clutterbuck. I remember SOME of the Wild fans were planning the parade knowing Vanek was coming at the start of next season.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Nino is his real name and El Niño is his nickname. The announcer is pronouncing his nickname wrong not his actual name. Not sure why this is hard to comprehend for you.

Agreed - I think everyone here is right in a way :laugh:
The confusion seems to be that the announcers think his nickname is El Nino, when in fact it is El Niño, different from his actual name (Nino).

Crazydounut

Oct 10, 2017
Charlotte, NC
El Niño: The weather phenomenon when storms and hurricanes are higher in velocity and higher in volume for the year.
Nino Neidereitter: A Carolina Hurricane player.
El Nino: A cool nickname that is based on the weather phenomenon about a Carolina Hurricane player.

Seems self explanatory to be honest

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
With the crap we took for the Nino/Clutterbuck trade (especially from Minnesota fans). I hope this stays up forever. The semi good news is, we still have Clutterbuck. I remember SOME of the Wild fans were planning the parade knowing Vanek was coming at the start of next season.
Sources needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad