Confirmed Trade: [CAR/FLA] Vincent Trocheck for Erik Haula, Lucas Wallmark, Chase Priskie, and Eetu Luostarinen

drugold

drunk, goals&swagger
Jul 13, 2009
Brisbane,
It wasn’t just last year, it was before that. He has been on a downward spiral for a few seasons now. Even with his career year, he gave up a lot defensively to put up more points.

Some of these comments here from these low post users are funny as hell. Get to know the player before posting trash comments.
Hey ladies, I have heaps of posts on hfboards. If you know what I mean

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
isnt Priskie a good Young prospect ?

It’s not a bad deals ... FL likely thinks Trochek is declining

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
This is a weird trade, you usually never see 4 players for 1 trades these days. Not sure why Panthers did this. Are they rebuilding again or they did not like Trocheck for some reason?

Trocheck is trash, plain and simple.

That's why they traded him.

It's really funny to see how he seems to be overrated around here

Trocheck is not a smart player, he has actually below average hockey IQ and that's why he hasn't been able to figure out his game in 2 years.

He'll show some flashes here and there, but that's it.

And he has a cocky attitude. It was cool and fun when he was a good player. But now he just looks enven more stupid.

Couldn't stand the guy anymore.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

Trocheck is not a smart player, he has actually below average hockey IQ and that's why he hasn't been able to figure out his game in 2 years.

And he has a cocky attitude. It was cool and fun when he was a good player. But now he just looks enven more stupid.

Well trash is way overboard, he was declining even before the injury and that certainly didn’t help. He does seem to only have 3 moves and doesn’t utilize his linemates enough, which was Q’s apparent frustration with him, but I wouldn’t say he’s trash. He plays hard and has heart, seems like he overthinks things, especially when he’s not scoring.

I’m just not going to bash the guy, he always came to play and always played hard.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
We'll see how this goes for both sides.

Trocheck had a hard time clicking with wingers not named Reilly Smith or Huberdeau.

In 2015-16 Tro was hungry, playing a 200 ft game and had a chippy game. Wasn't a pest per say but was physical in both zones and played most games like it was a playoff game. Quickly won the 2nd line center spot over Bjugstad who had slowly become lethargic in both the offensive and defensive zones.

Following year he had another good year even with the team imploding with the firing of Gallant and Rowe being a moronic coach. Still hustled on both ends.

17-18 was Boogie's time as the coach and he brought in new styles of change. Vinny took on a more offensive mindset, got PP1 time and responded with his best year point wise. Defensively, his game dropped, but there was questions if it was coaching, or just an blip in his game.

18+ on Vinny hasn't been the same. Offensively he would become more careless with the puck, wouldn't utilize his wingers at all and his defensive/tenacity on the ice just wasn't there. The leg injury obviously set him back and post injury for 18-19 I didn't think it was fair to analyze his game. Looked slower, but as expected.

19-current unfortunately was the same Vinny that looked off after his injury. Bad decisions with the puck, still slower and couldn't get past the defenders for a good shot. Defensively, under Q, still looked the same with Boogie. Gave me vibes of Versteeg post contract in just making bad choices with the puck.

Maybe getting on a better team, with different leaders may wake up the old Vinny. I hope it does, as I have nothing against the guy. Was a fan favorite for a long time(in Panthers time lol).

The Panthers have seen a supposed strength quickly vanish due to trades and decline in play for the center spot. Going into last year they had Barkov, Trocheck, Bjugstad, McCann, Borgstrom, Malgin and then guys like Sceviour and other 4th line wingers that could play 4th line center.

Traded off Bjugstad and McCann for cap+Brassard &Sheahan.
Traded off Malgin this year and Borgstrom regressed.

So, it was Barkov, meh Trocheck and AHL centers, with Boyle out for a long time.

With Trocheck gone, at least they have 3 NHL centers, with lower ceilings, for the short term and hopefully they can sign Wallmark for a 2-3 deal(RFA) and maybe Haula depending on how he does.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

They said similar things about JT Miller...

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
It all depends on a Player if you grap your second Chance. IMO the Trocheck Deal is a mid Term long Term option, since he has 2 year rest with a nice Cap.
Watch on Grimaldi, they said he is to small cant fight in the NHL, had a hard Time with the Panthers. After years of progression and work on in Nashville he get re-sign a 2 Million contract.

So there is always an option.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I thought Trocheck looked pretty decent despite a terrible game from the team. He skated harder and gave more effort than I was expecting given Panthers fan reviews but he even admitted he was a step behind the play due to being in a new system and looked like it at times. Ultimately he gives us some much needed cost certainty compared to Haula and a higher offensive upside than putrid Jordan Staal but it remains to be seen what kind of player he'll be for the Canes.

Reactions: Laus723

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I thought Trocheck looked pretty decent despite a terrible game from the team. He skated harder and gave more effort than I was expecting given Panthers fan reviews but he even admitted he was a step behind the play due to being in a new system and looked like it at times. Ultimately he gives us some much needed cost certainty compared to Haula and a higher offensive upside than putrid Jordan Staal but it remains to be seen what kind of player he'll be for the Canes.
His effort level has never been an issue. It's his decision making that has been a problem.

Reactions: klabob

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
but it remains to be seen what kind of player he'll be for the Canes.

He's not as good as the Canes might think he is at the first glance and on the flip side he's not as bad as the Cats' board accuse of him being. I'd reckon that in the end the Canes board end up mulling over whether Trocheck is a 2nd or 3rd line center, and if he's a benefit or a hazard in the lineup.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

And you trade for a player who’s had it worse.

This Tro trashing in this thread just makes no sense.

He hadn’t been elite but he doesn’t have to be in Carolina. With him their C group is clearly better than in the past.
Makes Carolina tougher to play against

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
No offense to Pageau but Trochek was best forwarded traded at the deadline. Vatanen was the best Dman.
Carolina got them both without giving up nothing major.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Found this interesting.

I can see that. Q probably said something, Tro took it the wrong way and said something cocky, then there was a falling out. I miss the Tro from 2014-2017. His ego eventually became gigantic and he couldn't even see that he wasnt good anymore and he needed to change his game. I hope he finds himself again in Carolina. Not a bad guy, maybe a bad attitide though.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I just wanted to add that at least one Panthers fan ragged on Trocheck streaking in to the goalie and shooting it way way above the net. True to form he did that twice last night. Gave me a good chuckle. :laugh:

Reactions: Laus723

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I just wanted to add that at least one Panthers fan ragged on Trocheck streaking in to the goalie and shooting it way way above the net. True to form he did that twice last night. Gave me a good chuckle. :laugh:
To his credit, those were still a couple of the better chances we had last night. Just a stinker all around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad