Confirmed Trade: [CAR/FLA] Vincent Trocheck for Erik Haula, Lucas Wallmark, Chase Priskie, and Eetu Luostarinen

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Eetu Luostarinen
  • 22-years-old; RFA after 2y x $894k
  • 13 GP; 2g; 4a; 6p
  • 8 PIM; 12 Blocks; 15 Hits; 50.7% Face-Offs
  • 13:18 TOI, 0:00 PP, 1:30 PK
  • 8 vs 5 Takeaways vs Giveaways
  • 39.4% vs 60.6% Off vs Def Zone Starts
Has been playing 3C on a great third line of Vatrano - Luostarinen - Tippett. They all compliment one another, and Eetu shows poise and playmaking abilities. Needs to work on his finishing, but he puts himself in positions to score. Quenneville has treated him as a traditional 3C who is trusted on defense, but can facilitate scoring from the Bottom 6.

Vincent Trocheck
  • 27-years-old; UFA after 2y x $4.75m
  • 12 GP; 6g; 7a; 13p
  • 4 PIM; 10 Blocks; 24 Hits; 56.9% Face-Offs
  • 18:35 TOI, 2:48 PP, 1:12 PK
  • 7 vs 6 Takeaways vs Giveaways
  • 47.8% vs 52.2% Off vs Def Zone Starts
Left Florida looking like his best days were behind him. Many thought that his relentless style of play relied too much on athleticism and pure hunger, so with Trocheck being older and more established in the league, his play plummeted. Now he appears to be putting up great numbers and impacting the game in all situations as Carolina's 2C.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Eetu Luostarinen
  • 22-years-old; RFA after 2y x $894k
  • 13 GP; 2g; 4a; 6p
  • 8 PIM; 12 Blocks; 15 Hits; 50.7% Face-Offs
  • 13:18 TOI, 0:00 PP, 1:30 PK
  • 8 vs 5 Takeaways vs Giveaways
  • 39.4% vs 60.6% Off vs Def Zone Starts
Has been playing 3C on a great third line of Vatrano - Luostarinen - Tippett. They all compliment one another, and Eetu shows poise and playmaking abilities. Needs to work on his finishing, but he puts himself in positions to score. Quenneville has treated him as a traditional 3C who is trusted on defense, but can facilitate scoring from the Bottom 6.

Vincent Trocheck
  • 27-years-old; UFA after 2y x $4.75m
  • 12 GP; 6g; 7a; 13p
  • 4 PIM; 10 Blocks; 24 Hits; 56.9% Face-Offs
  • 18:35 TOI, 2:48 PP, 1:12 PK
  • 7 vs 6 Takeaways vs Giveaways
  • 47.8% vs 52.2% Off vs Def Zone Starts
Left Florida looking like his best days were behind him. Many thought that his relentless style of play relied too much on athleticism and pure hunger, so with Trocheck being older and more established in the league, his play plummeted. Now he appears to be putting up great numbers and impacting the game in all situations as Carolina's 2C.
it took you a year to come to this conclusion? ...not a fan of year old thread bumpers

Reactions: grewalwings

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
it took you a year to come to this conclusion? ...not a fan of year old thread bumpers
The stats are not from a year ago though.

Of course it's always interesting to look at old trades and their outcomes as time has gone by. And using the old thread for that just makes sense.

Bumping a thread when there's absolutely nothing new to offer to the conversation, the classic necro-post, now there I'd agree.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Luostarinen looked good in his limited time in Carolina so it's not a surprise that he's doing well in Florida. Maybe that he's already an effective 3C is a bit of a surprise, but he looked like he belonged last year.

Yeah, most of us on the Florida board had him coming in as 4th line center next season. Boy were we wrong.

I'm happy for Tro. I think he just needed a wake up call.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yeah, most of us on the Florida board had him coming in as 4th line center next season. Boy were we wrong.

I'm happy for Tro. I think he just needed a wake up call.
I wonder if the extra time off helped Trocheck get healthier. He looks much faster than last year, but it could just be he’s more comfortable now with his teammates and system.

Gardiner is another one who looked slow and stiff last year after his back issues in Toronto. He looks totally different this year.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I wonder if the extra time off helped Trocheck get healthier. He looks much faster than last year, but it could just be he’s more comfortable now with his teammates and system.

Gardiner is another one who looked slow and stiff last year after his back issues in Toronto. He looks totally different this year.

It very well could be. Tro's legs have been through a lot since 2017.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

That’s probably the big thing: we noted improvement each offseason that he was off with his speed but his last season was rough: he’s try to make plays and was just a second too slow. Is that still going on?

I miss the guy: he was an unexpected part of the core. I’m guessing that Q suggested trading him for cultural reasons; I think he was too comfortable here :(

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
That’s probably the big thing: we noted improvement each offseason that he was off with his speed but his last season was rough: he’s try to make plays and was just a second too slow. Is that still going on?

I miss the guy: he was an unexpected part of the core. I’m guessing that Q suggested trading him for cultural reasons; I think he was too comfortable here :(

Canes play an up tempo game and he hasn’t had trouble keeping up. He’s on a line with Necas who is basically a horse on skates, so Trochek probably finds himself having to push the pace otherwise he’d be left a zone or two behind. Last year when we got him he definitely didn’t seem to quite have his legs under him. He was battling and trying to breakthrough the opposition but couldn’t quite find that extra gear. Now he looks hungry and able to do things at a higher speed and get to his spots a touch earlier than before.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad