Confirmed Trade: [CAR/FLA] Vincent Trocheck for Erik Haula, Lucas Wallmark, Chase Priskie, and Eetu Luostarinen

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Is he an established top 4 d-man who excels in his own zone?

No?

Not keenly interested then.

Perhaps not “keenly” but I certainly think there’d be a bit of interest there. I could be totally off, but a possibility I’d think.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
In a lot of threads on Trocheck, Panthers fans do nothing but trash him but now he's supposed to be worth a top 4 d-man? Yeah, I think the Canes will pass then.

There's nothing wrong with him, we just don't see a fit here anymore with Trocheck. We need defense badly, and he doesn't provide it. If you are looking for a 2C that will try and drive the play to create some offense, he's solid for that and signed to a good deal.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Now that would be a spicy meatball. Definitely makes Carolina more dangerous offensively,

Would be smarter for Flo to aim for one of the Minny D, in my opinion.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
In a lot of threads on Trocheck, Panthers fans do nothing but trash him but now he's supposed to be worth a top 4 d-man? Yeah, I think the Canes will pass then.
Panthers fans who are pissed he hasn't been the 75 point player he was two years ago trash him. He's still a 50+ point center on a team friendly contract. It may not be one of the biggest steals in the NHL anymore, but it's still a very valuable contract. He's not going to be traded for scraps/futures.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
With pesce out i really dont see another fit.

Pesce wasn't going for Trocheck before the injury.

Carolina has a lot of young D that could be of interest as part of a package: Fleury, Bean, Keane probably have the highest potential.

Could also see a forward like Haula going back giving Florida a center to backfill Trocheck and a D addition.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014

Carolina has a lot of young D that could be of interest as part of a package: Fleury, Bean, Keane probably have the highest potential.

Could also see a forward like Haula going back giving Florida a center to backfill Trocheck and a D addition.

I do belive that Brodin is the best guy to go after.

We need an established top 4 to make it a good trade.

llp

Jun 2, 2008
hopefully part of a larger deal with minnesota involving brodin or dumba and necas

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Jake Bean has been one of the best D in the AHL this year and he is immediately ready for a call-up. It is possible that Florida believes he could step into a top-4 role fairly soon.

Jake Bean + Erik Haula for Trocheck

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

the Panthers aren't in a position to make a quantity for quality trade.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
the Panthers aren't in a position to make a quantity for quality trade.

understood. If it has to be a proven top 4 D then Carolina has been out since Faulk was dealt at the start of the season. Can’t afford to move any more of the top 4.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Looks like everyone in the Metro is fighting for position. And I’m sure the Penguins aren’t done with deals.

Reactions: Morrison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad