Trade: [CAR/BUF] Kelvin Benjamin for 2018 3rd and 7th round picks

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Looks like a give-up move on the surface but obviously they weren't too big on re-signing him. I don't blame them, have you seen the free agent WR contracts lately? Benjamin was probably going to cost them $12 million a year to renew, and I'd pass on that too.

Its still weird for a potential playoff team (in a wide open NFC) to trade away a productive player.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Looks like a give-up move on the surface but obviously they weren't too big on re-signing him. I don't blame them, have you seen the free agent WR contracts lately? Benjamin was probably going to cost them $12 million a year to renew, and I'd pass on that too.

he seems kind of lazy so i'd be hesitant to give him a long-term deal but that defense is stacked and in it's prime now. who knows how many good years cam has left. they had him under contract for this year and next.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
what? I'm not very knowledgeable on the transaction side of the NFL but this makes no sense to me, it's not like we're deep at WR, and the return is almost nothing, and we're in a playoff spot as of right now. This just seems stupid.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Lol no Benjamin is easy to contain. If the Bills really wanted to improve they should have acquired T.Y. Hilton.

Probably had to cough up at least a 1st rounder for Hilton so getting KB for cheap is the smarter move.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Don't understand.

Benjamin is hurt a lot and isn't all that great when he's healthy. The only thing really surprising about it is that they did it now instead of a year from now. He's not a guy I'd be all that thrilled about hitching my wagon to as a #1 WR. He's also not a guy who's going to make the difference between them making the playoffs and not making it.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Benjamin is hurt a lot and isn't all that great when he's healthy. The only thing really surprising about it is that they did it now instead of a year from now. He's not a guy I'd be all that thrilled about hitching my wagon to as a #1 WR. He's also not a guy who's going to make the difference between them making the playoffs and not making it.

I mean, I don't disagree with most of this or the other criticisms of Benjamin said in this thread, but again, it's not like there's anyone knocking the door down for playing time. Funchess is the same player (and cheaper), but Shepard is a poor man's Ted Ginn, Samuel is still getting acclimated, Olsen is still going to miss two more games, Dickson probably won't do much more than he has been when he returns, and Kaelin Clay is a special teamer at best. And you're a playoff team. Why get rid of him for a draft pick? If he walks, you probably still get a high compensatory pick for him.

Reactions: SnS

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
They screwed up by trading Watkins.
You're cray, cray. If someone offers a second round pick and a good starting corner back for one year of Watkins you do that deal 10 out of 10 times. Benjamin has been a hell of a lot more productive than Watkins this year.

Reactions: Voight

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
For the Bills, this is a no brainer. They needed anther weapon and if they drafted one in the third round chances are he wouldn't be as good as Benjamin, so to flip that third rounder for Benjamin makes a ton of sense. And it's not like they have to worry about a bad contract either.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
You're cray, cray. If someone offers a second round pick and a good starting corner back for one year of Watkins you do that deal 10 out of 10 times. Benjamin has been a hell of a lot more productive than Watkins this year.

Watkins has faced probably 4 of the top 5 secondaries (or at least shadow corners) in Arizona, Jacksonville, Seattle, and Washington. Benjamin has faced uh...Slay and Lattimore, and I'm not sure he was shadowed either game. He's a fine player, but he isn't explosive and he doesn't attack the ball or use his size nearly enough. He may as well be 6'0''.

I still don't agree with it, but Funchess does do better as the X and they desperately needed someone to stretch the field. I just wish they found a different way to make this happen. It's a lot to put on Samuel who's basically not proven anything so far but being injury prone and an inability to catch pitches.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
You dont need to release or trade someone to free up snaps for other players. Dumb article.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad