Trade: [CAR/BUF] Kelvin Benjamin for 2018 3rd and 7th round picks

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Benjamin is still salty. Can't believe I ever made excuses for that tub of lard. He'll probably eat his way out of the league before he's 30.

Gotta love Cam's response. Notice he gives it while on a treadmill, something that Benjamin doesn't even know exists.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnS

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Cam isn't the most accurate QB but I don't think you're going to find many people siding with Benjamin here. There have been plenty of questions about his game that have nothing to do with who is throwing the ball and where it's being placed. Not saying one thing is related to the other but Cam also won league MVP and the Panthers went 15-1 in the season Benjamin missed due to injury so maybe that's not the direction to place the blame.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Cam isn't the most accurate QB but I don't think you're going to find many people siding with Benjamin here. There have been plenty of questions about his game that have nothing to do with who is throwing the ball and where it's being placed. Not saying one thing is related to the other but Cam also won league MVP and the Panthers went 15-1 in the season Benjamin missed due to injury so maybe that's not the direction to place the blame.

Let's be real..most people don't know what accuracy is except looking at completion %.

Reactions: SnS

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Let's be real..most people don't know what accuracy is except looking at completion %.

He stinks on the long ball and that is a huge portion of it, and completion percentage is an unfair judgement stat because guys can drop balls and so on. It also has merit though because if youre throwing passes that cant be caught that is on you.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Lol McCarron is f***ing trash. Buffalo will use all 3 trashcan quarterbacks this year. It's going to be awesomely terrible. Benjamin is trash too. You'll see. He's soft, slow and doesn't win at the catch point despite being bigger than every db in the league.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
He stinks on the long ball and that is a huge portion of it, and completion percentage is an unfair judgement stat because guys can drop balls and so on. It also has merit though because if youre throwing passes that cant be caught that is on you.

In 2016 with a deep threat, Cam was 4th in accuracy percentage in throws over 20 yards. Last year with no deep threat he was in the 15-20 range. Funny how that works right?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
In 2016 with a deep threat, Cam was 4th in accuracy percentage in throws over 20 yards. Last year with no deep threat he was in the 15-20 range. Funny how that works right?

But a top QB can make a WR a deep threat. Brady has done it with multiple guys. WR is the most overvalued position in today's game. A QB can make a WR look good but a WR cant make a subpar QB great. They might make a nice stab here or there but they wont make the team a champion. Its why most of your recent champions dont have a stud wideout.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Lol McCarron is ****ing trash. Buffalo will use all 3 trashcan quarterbacks this year. It's going to be awesomely terrible. Benjamin is trash too. You'll see. He's soft, slow and doesn't win at the catch point despite being bigger than every db in the league.

Never said he was great either. Cam and the Panthers are nothing special, they are probably 3rd in their division again, no better than 2nd. He will NEVER win a SB.

Peterman is probably going to get cut.

Neither Cam or Benjamin have a long term future ahead in this league. Their bodies will both break down. Both are already showing those signs.

Allen could turn out good or bad. We dont know but this year yeah he is a total project. None of the QBs in this draft class strike me as future hall of famers to be or anything.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Lol McCarron is ****ing trash. Buffalo will use all 3 trashcan quarterbacks this year. It's going to be awesomely terrible. Benjamin is trash too. You'll see. He's soft, slow and doesn't win at the catch point despite being bigger than every db in the league.
God Gene I agree with you most of the time, and think you're a great poster, but you're throwing the Bills to the wolves w/o even mentioning it will be their lousy line that is the problem. I think you were actually liking McCarron in a GDT as a back up(and I agree he won't be a good starter). Benjamin could def be a good possession receiver with a very accurate QB. Peterman is garbage, but piling on Allen already is too trendy.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Just about every WR in the NFL could be a good possession receiver with a very accurate QB if he doesn't drop a ton of passes. That's setting the bar pretty low though.

Big/tall/slower receivers were great a few years ago when QBs had all day to throw. Now that defensive lines all over the league have caught up, QBs don't have time to be accurate and receivers have to be able to go get the ball on their own.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Just about every WR in the NFL could be a good possession receiver with a very accurate QB if he doesn't drop a ton of passes. That's setting the bar pretty low though.

Big/tall/slower receivers were great a few years ago when QBs had all day to throw. Now that defensive lines all over the league have caught up, QBs don't have time to be accurate and receivers have to be able to go get the ball on their own.
I meant because of his freak physical nature that sets him apart from just about every WR in the NFL. If the CB is behind him on a curl, how can he even attempt to cover it. Anyways, we'll see what he brings to the table pretty soon. The few camp clips I've seen I don't expect a lot though.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Never said he was great either. Cam and the Panthers are nothing special, they are probably 3rd in their division again, no better than 2nd. He will NEVER win a SB.

Peterman is probably going to get cut.

Neither Cam or Benjamin have a long term future ahead in this league. Their bodies will both break down. Both are already showing those signs.

Allen could turn out good or bad. We dont know but this year yeah he is a total project. None of the QBs in this draft class strike me as future hall of famers to be or anything.
They were literally a few yards away from beating the Saints who were the worst matchup they could of asked for in the playoffs even though the roster had no WRs and f*** off with this garbage off Brady making WRs deep threats...he barely threw the ball downfield his whole career until Moss joined their team. Cam has been one of the best deep passers in the league since he's been in its how Ginn had a breakout season you can't throw a WR down the field open if they can't run fast or get open that's beyond stupid. Look at Cam's highlights off deep throws compared to anybody but Rodgers and maybe Stafford where they have to hit tight windows. Saying the Panthers are 3rd in their division again shows how much you know they were 2nd last year and finished 4th the year before that when plagued with injuries everywhere and before that they literally were 1st 3 years in a row when the division never had b2b winners before.

Last edited:

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I meant because of his freak physical nature that sets him apart from just about every WR in the NFL. If the CB is behind him on a curl, how can he even attempt to cover it. Anyways, we'll see what he brings to the table pretty soon. The few camp clips I've seen I don't expect a lot though.
The problem with KB is that he literally doesn't give enough effort throughout the season he usually starts off well then turns into a bum later on. That ball that was fired into his chest into a pop up interception like he did against the Bears or get a stupid OPI penalty that sets a drive back.

Last edited:

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
The problem with KB is that he literally doesn't give enough effort throughout the season he usually starts off well then turns into a bum later on. That ball that was fired into his chest into a pop up interception like he did against the Bears or get a stupid OPI penalty that sets a drive back.
Well the guy is playing for a contract, so if you're ever gonna get effort out of him it will be this year.

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Well the guy is playing for a contract, so if you're ever gonna get effort out of him it will be this year.
I'm a Panthers fan....I will enjoy D.J.Moore this year that's for sure after seeing his debut he can definitely get the YAC in a Steve Smith-esque way.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Here's what happen when they met up last night

Looks like KB was still being an immature baby, refusing to shake Cam's hand and then walking away mid-sentence.

Dude has all the tools to be a great receiver, but no toolbox. Maybe that'll finally change this year, but it sure as hell isn't Cam's fault he showed up to camp fat and out of shape.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
They were literally a few yards away from beating the Saints who were the worst matchup they could of asked for in the playoffs even though the roster had no WRs and **** off with this garbage off Brady making WRs deep threats...he barely threw the ball downfield his whole career until Moss joined their team. Cam has been one of the best deep passers in the league since he's been in its how Ginn had a breakout season you can't throw a WR down the field open if they can't run fast or get open that's beyond stupid. Look at Cam's highlights off deep throws compared to anybody but Rodgers and maybe Stafford where they have to hit tight windows. Saying the Panthers are 3rd in their division again shows how much you know they were 2nd last year and finished 4th the year before that when plagued with injuries everywhere and before that they literally were 1st 3 years in a row when the division never had b2b winners before.

And the Saints should have made the NFC Title Game. The Jags barely beat the Bills, dominated the Steelers for the most part and were robbed by the league against NE. The league is so close.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Here's what happen when they met up last night

Looks like KB was still being an immature baby, refusing to shake Cam's hand and then walking away mid-sentence.

Dude has all the tools to be a great receiver, but no toolbox. Maybe that'll finally change this year, but it sure as hell isn't Cam's fault he showed up to camp fat and out of shape.

Cam made a weird reponse after the game a few days after, talking about walls. Let's not act like he's the most mature guy either. I like what KB did though. This i no different then family in your life. They didn't pick eachother, they were forced on each other. You don't have to keep people and things in your life if they stress you out and such. Walking away is maturity. He started this, maybe but i'm sure the reporter asked the question that triggered it. Sure, he could have said no comment but then there's no story. The media creates the hype more than Benjamin.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I wonder if there is more here to this release

I mean he has been crap but why release him now instead of after season?

Bill fans seem to be saying he looked like he wasn't even trying thru most of game vs Dolphins

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I wonder if there is more here to this release

I mean he has been crap but why release him now instead of after season?

Because he sucks and has no future there. He can't play special teams so if he isn't good enough to start, see ya.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
What exactly happened to Holmes , the pride of Hoffman Estates? He looked to have some potential a few years ago with Raiders and then just faded into obscurity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->