Trade: [CAR/BUF] Kelvin Benjamin for 2018 3rd and 7th round picks

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think he's overrated but why are the Panthers trading their best receiver right now?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I think he's overrated but why are the Panthers trading their best receiver right now?

Funchess and him are basically the same player, but it's not like Shepard or Samuel are knocking the door down for snaps. This makes zero sense unless they got a speedy WR like Hilton or Gordon, but I'm not expecting that shoe to drop. He's also due a new deal soon, so maybe they already made a decision on him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Funchess and him are basically the same player, but it's not like Shepard or Samuel are knocking the door down for snaps. This makes zero sense unless they got a speedy WR like Hilton or Gordon, but I'm not expecting that shoe to drop. He's also due a new deal soon, so maybe they already made a decision on him.

Maybe Olsen is back soon?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
what the hell?

was not expecting the panthers to deal their #1 WR. why would they do this?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He's due back near the end of November against the Jets, so like 3 games + a bye. Still, they only got a 3rd rounder for him. I don't get trading your #1 guy in the middle of a 5-3 season with a great defense for a 3rd.

So not too much longer for Olsen. It doesn't make a ton of sense unless they knew they were done with Benjamin anyways.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012

I agree but he's actually posting the best catch rate of his career this season.

This trade makes no sense for both teams.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I hope the NFL Trade Deadline gets this exciting every year. Bills should sign Landry (if available) in the offseason and just load the O-Line and LBs in the draft next year

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Seriously, going into the game against Atlanta this weekend, the WR depth chart is:

Devin Funchess
Russell Shepard
Curtis Samuel
Kaelin Clay

Those last two have done virtually nothing in their NFL careers yet, and Shepard is a UDFA journeyman. Olsen is a month away. Unless you're planning on having McCaffrey run even more slot routes, I really don't get this.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Seriously, going into the game against Atlanta this weekend, the WR depth chart is:

Devin Funchess
Russell Shepard
Curtis Samuel
Kaelin Clay

Those last two have done virtually nothing in their NFL careers yet, and Shepard is a UDFA journeyman. Olsen is a month away. Unless you're planning on having McCaffrey run even more slot routes, I really don't get this.

I don't get it even if CmC is going to run more slot routes.

Reactions: What the Faulk

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Looks like a give-up move on the surface but obviously they weren't too big on re-signing him. I don't blame them, have you seen the free agent WR contracts lately? Benjamin was probably going to cost them $12 million a year to renew, and I'd pass on that too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->