Movies: Captain Marvel

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The Alt-Right are Nazis. If we’re discussing alt right figures then we are talking about Nazis.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Reactions: Roman Fell

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Finally got around to Captain Marvel. Thought it was in the "really good, not great" 2nd tier of Marvel flicks. If nothing else, the pacing was fantastic. I couldn't believe afterwards that it was a full 2-hour movie.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
A compilation of some of the ridiculous levels the anti-sjw people went re: this movie and Brie Larson:

By the way, they're now review bombing Unicorn Store at imdb:

OuR92U8.jpg

Thanks thats a great video. So true about these f***ing morons.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Is this movie necessary?

We are going to End game but none of us are really interested in watching this movie.

Sounds like we can skip it?

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Well you better not be asking about anything re: Captain Marvel after you've seen Endgame.

No worries.

One of my buddies girlfriends went to see it so we'll ask her. Unless you want to PM me a short blurb. ;)

We know most of her story from the comics and the web and such so it shouldn't be much.

Thanks for the info.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
So you really had no intent of seeing it and just wanted to waste everyone’s time. Got it.

I'm not going to sit through a movie for one "Oh" moment. I also do not like flashbacks and this is one movie long flashback.

I do find it bemusing that there is a faction whom gets upset if you don't want to see certain movies that promote certain agendas.

It's also no secret that @Jussi has an agenda.

Sorry for triggering you though.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm not going to sit through a movie for one "Oh" moment. I also do not like flashbacks and this is one movie long flashback.

I do find it bemusing that there is a faction whom gets upset if you don't want to see certain movies that promote certain agendas.

How would you know that if you haven't seen it? Spoiler: it's not.

And what is the agenda of this movie? And mine?

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com

So why even bother asking if you should see it? The answer was "Yes" and you said "I won't see it anyway." Just don't say anything and save everyone some time.

It's a good, fun movie that has connections to the greater MCU and has no agenda. The only agenda there is what anyone projects on to it.

Reactions: QueerGirrl

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I was hoping there'd be a good screener out by now that's available on the Android box or torrent sites, but nothing so far. I want to see it before End Game just so that there's continuity.

Sep 19, 2008
Is this movie necessary?

We are going to End game but none of us are really interested in watching this movie.

Sounds like we can skip it?

It's not really necessary for Endgame. There are a few plot points mentioned in CM which would help with Endgame, but missing it would not have a major impact on watching the film.

Basically this is an independent story that happens in the 90's, decades before Endgame. Missing it would be no big deal. That being said, I'd probably tell you to see it just to have a good time, but if you miss it it is no big deal.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
It's not really necessary for Endgame. There are a few plot points mentioned in CM which would help with Endgame, but missing it would not have a major impact on watching the film.

Basically this is an independent story that happens in the 90's, decades before Endgame. Missing it would be no big deal. That being said, I'd probably tell you to see it just to have a good time, but if you miss it it is no big deal.

Thanks.

I talked to the friend who had seen it and she told me the exact same thing. No need. CM is what she is. I'll watch it when it hits the small screen though as it sounds pretty good.

There's you answer @Jussi.

Sep 19, 2008
I mean a lot of these movies are independent and have minimal links to the full Avengers story, despite being in the MCU. For instance, Ant man and the Wasp had very few links to Endgame, other than a credits scene. I would recommend you watch every movie, but I'd be remiss if I said I saw them all, I still have yet to see Ragnarock, The Dark World, or even Ant Man 1. Probably wouldn't have seen Ant man and the Wasp if it wasn't on the plane back from Italy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad